Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Méridien Cairo Airport [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Le Méridien Cairo Airport [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2015, 2:03 pm

Programs: AA PLAT, HILTON DIAMOND, MARRIOTT LIFETIME TITANIUM
Any more recent updates on this property?
Old Mar 30, 2015, 3:02 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
There are reviews on a popular blog. Google it and you shall find it.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 7:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG/Marriott Plat, WOH Diamond, IHG Plat Ambassador, HHonors Gold, jetBlue Mosaic
Le Méridien Cairo Airport

I'm SPG Plat and stayed here back in November. Not trying to engage in hyperbole but I would say I've never had a hotel stay that left me more impressed and exceeded my expectations, which were already high dude to Ben's review on OMAAT. I was given a suite that was an 1,800 sq ft apartment, full kitchen, dining room. The checkin agent jokingly called it the John Kerry suite as apparently he's stayed in it. It was stunning. Beyond any LM I've ever stayed at. Hotel has an excellent club lounge that had great food and drink selections. I asked the waiter for a "local beer" and he said, "how about a Stella"? I said sure thinking I'd be given a Stella Artois. Wrong. Unbeknownst to me there's a local Egyptian-brewed beer called Stella that was spectacular. There's also a really nice American-style sports bar restaurant that serves excellent Western-style comfort food and has plenty of sports on TV. The service was uniformly excellent as everyone I encountered was very friendly and genuine and would bend over backwards. Can't recommend the place more. Oh, and you can walk straight into the terminal at CAI, which was most welcome given how, um, interesting, CAI can be.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 8:18 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Nice review... But you're taste in beer is questionable...

Just kidding.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 1:09 pm

Programs: AA PLAT, HILTON DIAMOND, MARRIOTT LIFETIME TITANIUM
Originally Posted by CanesLawMarty
I'm SPG Plat and stayed here back in November. Not trying to engage in hyperbole but I would say I've never had a hotel stay that left me more impressed and exceeded my expectations, which were already high dude to Ben's review on OMAAT. I was given a suite that was an 1,800 sq ft apartment, full kitchen, dining room. The checkin agent jokingly called it the John Kerry suite as apparently he's stayed in it. It was stunning. Beyond any LM I've ever stayed at. Hotel has an excellent club lounge that had great food and drink selections. I asked the waiter for a "local beer" and he said, "how about a Stella"? I said sure thinking I'd be given a Stella Artois. Wrong. Unbeknownst to me there's a local Egyptian-brewed beer called Stella that was spectacular. There's also a really nice American-style sports bar restaurant that serves excellent Western-style comfort food and has plenty of sports on TV. The service was uniformly excellent as everyone I encountered was very friendly and genuine and would bend over backwards. Can't recommend the place more. Oh, and you can walk straight into the terminal at CAI, which was most welcome given how, um, interesting, CAI can be.
Thank you, great review, one last question. We plan to visit the pyramids & museum, is it easier to get public transportation from the LE CAI or the LE Helopolis to get to these locations?
Old Apr 9, 2015, 5:08 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jimcoddington
Thank you, great review, one last question. We plan to visit the pyramids & museum, is it easier to get public transportation from the LE CAI or the LE Helopolis to get to these locations?
Do NOT take public transport in CAI. Just take a cab.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
How does one get from T1 (arriving on BA - at the ungodly hour of 1am)..to this hotel?

Do they have a shuttle service?

Edited: I wrote to hotel directly and see what they say.. THX

Last edited by Guy Betsy; Apr 22, 2015 at 1:24 pm
Old Apr 22, 2015, 1:27 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Do NOT take public transport in CAI. Just take a cab.
I was perfectly fine on the metro in Cairo, but the fact that the Tahrir Square station was still closed was not cool and the locals think it could be many months before it may reopen. The local buses would not be recommended, if that is what you were meaning.

I love Egypt but they really need to clean up things to have any hope of winning back greater number of tourists.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Bringing this up again...

I might have to spend 2 nights in CAI soon arriving

Right now I'm contemplating to spend 1 night (the first) at the LM Airport and the second at the LM Pyramids.

Question: Should I spend both nights at the Pyramids property? From the online description I get the impression that the hotel doesn't even have wifi which might be an oversight or bitter reality.

In theory I could also stay both nights at the airport LM and have a driver move me around (in case the hotel can arrange it or anyone has a recommendation).

Any ideas?
Old Nov 26, 2015, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Bringing this up again...

I might have to spend 2 nights in CAI soon arriving

Right now I'm contemplating to spend 1 night (the first) at the LM Airport and the second at the LM Pyramids.

Question: Should I spend both nights at the Pyramids property? From the online description I get the impression that the hotel doesn't even have wifi which might be an oversight or bitter reality.

In theory I could also stay both nights at the airport LM and have a driver move me around (in case the hotel can arrange it or anyone has a recommendation).

Any ideas?
The Meridien CAI is an awesome property more impressive for the fact it is in Cairo. For some time I have been staying at the IC Citystars for my brief forays to Cairo but I really liked the Meridien Cairo and will always pick it in future. I had a simply superb upgrade from a rock bottom rate. It is a properly modern property and I would absolutely recommend it. I haven't stayed at the Meridien pyramids but have done the old Heliopolis Meridien a few times and the new airport property is about a thousand times better.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 5:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
The Meridien CAI is an awesome property more impressive for the fact it is in Cairo. For some time I have been staying at the IC Citystars for my brief forays to Cairo but I really liked the Meridien Cairo and will always pick it in future. I had a simply superb upgrade from a rock bottom rate. It is a properly modern property and I would absolutely recommend it. I haven't stayed at the Meridien pyramids but have done the old Heliopolis Meridien a few times and the new airport property is about a thousand times better.
Couldn't agree more. Great hotel. The upgrades have always been to a beautiful suite. Service in the lounge has been excellent. Transfers to Terminal 1 have been efficient and complimentary. Always look forward to staying here. And it's so cheap!
Old Nov 26, 2015, 7:45 pm

Agreed as well.

TBH, if you travel to the Pyramids in the morning you won't have traffic. I would say you would equally see less of the city itself at the LM Pyramids as you would the CAI property.

My suggestion would be to hire a driver for the day, do the Pyramids and the Museum. Stop by Citystars for some shopping and lunch and return back to the property.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
The rates for a taxi transfer to Gizeh seems rather high for a 30km drive. 30 EUR ?? In Egypt??

That being said the hotels are very reasonable in price.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 2:12 am

As a data point: Four Seasons at the First Residence in Giza charges USD 235 for return airport transfers...

You can ask the hotel concierge to find you a local taxi driver for the day, depends how comfortable you are with the idea.

Last edited by m0hamed; Nov 27, 2015 at 2:22 am
Old Nov 27, 2015, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by m0hamed
As a data point: Four Seasons at the First Residence in Giza charges USD 235 for return airport transfers...

You can ask the hotel concierge to find you a local taxi driver for the day, depends how comfortable you are with the idea.
I think thats pretty much the standard price for Four Seasons just because they can charge it. Grand Hyatt Berlin charges 150 EUR for a MB E Class transfer and you could do the same with MyDriver for 20 EUR.

I'll send them an email and hope they are better in answering them than the Pyramids property.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.