Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Hua Hin Pranburi Villas, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Hua Hin Pranburi Villas, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2015, 10:17 pm

Programs: SPG,HH,IHG
Originally Posted by Sam P. Goodman
We have a trip to Thailand planned for March and have a stay planned for the other Sheraton Hua Hin. We're contemplating moving a few nights over to Pranburi Villas for some variety. They have rates of 7,000 THB for our nights, which seems consistent with what a couple of other people paid earlier in this thread. We'll be travelling with our 4 year old and, unfortunately, adding her to the reservation drives the cost up to 9,000 THB. Rates are pre-pay, which I'm hesitant to do four months prior to the trip. Anyone have a sense for how readily available rates like this are (is it reasonably safe to hold out for a while?)
Don't add her in reservation.
Children(up to 12) stay for free up to 2 children in duplex pool villa
Pay only breakfast (4-12 Yr) 350 THB net
Plat upgrade are duplex or suite.
Pay 500 points for breakfast

Last edited by nongsom; Nov 11, 2015 at 10:24 pm
Old Nov 11, 2015, 11:04 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Originally Posted by nongsom
Don't add her in reservation.
Children(up to 12) stay for free up to 2 children in duplex pool villa
Pay only breakfast (4-12 Yr) 350 THB net
Plat upgrade are duplex or suite.
Pay 500 points for breakfast
Thanks for the advice. Thoughts on room rate trends? I'm thinking 7,000 THB seems like a good value for this property.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 11:52 pm

Thanks for the advice. Thoughts on room rate trends? I'm thinking 7,000 THB seems like a good value for this property.
It's good rate
Lowest rate for this year from my observation is 6900 THB net (include BF) in low season
Old Nov 12, 2015, 2:53 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

There are some reasonable BRGs to be had here. I hold one for late November (which is shoulder season?) at THB 4983/nt for a standard pool villa. Make sure to look at European consolidators (kayak.de, trivago.de) before booking direct.

nongsom, thank you for the updates! Can you summarize the Plat benefits here? Upgrade? Breakfast? Lounge/drinks?
Old Nov 12, 2015, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by jpdx
There are some reasonable BRGs to be had here. I hold one for late November (which is shoulder season?) at THB 4983/nt for a standard pool villa. Make sure to look at European consolidators (kayak.de, trivago.de) before booking direct.

nongsom, thank you for the updates! Can you summarize the Plat benefits here? Upgrade? Breakfast? Lounge/drinks?
Plat benefits
-500 starpoints OR
-Breakfast OR
-Local gift (Sheraton hua-hin cap,Dark blue color)
Plat Upgrade
-Duplex
-Suite
My upgrade more duplex because of book more than 1 room and Duplex provide connecting villa
Other Plat Benefits(Lounge benefits/No lounge)
Afternoon Tea set(snack) for 2 persons with free flow non alcohol drink (14.30-16.30 )
Evening Drink set(snack) for 2 persons with free flow + alcohol drink (17.30-19.30)
Old Nov 13, 2015, 12:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Plat benefits
-500 starpoints OR
-Breakfast OR
-Local gift (Sheraton hua-hin cap,Dark blue color)
Plat Upgrade
-Duplex
-Suite
My upgrade more duplex because of book more than 1 room and Duplex provide connecting villa
Other Plat Benefits(Lounge benefits/No lounge)
Afternoon Tea set(snack) for 2 persons with free flow non alcohol drink (14.30-16.30 )
Evening Drink set(snack) for 2 persons with free flow + alcohol drink (17.30-19.30)
thank you nongsom for the update info.

i have upcoming stay there in late november for 2 nights.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 1:13 am

Thank you, nongsom! Sounds like a very generous Plat benefits package!
Old Nov 24, 2015, 8:49 pm

It's good rate
Lowest rate for this year from my observation is 6900 THB net (include BF) in low season
I was going to book and didn't get around to it. They've got a pretty solid sale going on right now. Booked our dates in March for under 5,500 THB. Looking forward to our visit.

We usually like to mix in some non-hotel dining when we travel. Looks like Mr. Sing's and Very Good Restaurant (can't make this stuff up) are a couple of the closer dining options. Would love to hear if anyone has thoughts on these or other nearby options.

Also, interested in any tours/excursions/activities in the area. We'll have a 4 year old with us, but try not to let that slow us down too much.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 7:20 am

I was going to book and didn't get around to it. They've got a pretty solid sale going on right now. Booked our dates in March for under 5,500 THB. Looking forward to our visit.

We usually like to mix in some non-hotel dining when we travel. Looks like Mr. Sing's and Very Good Restaurant (can't make this stuff up) are a couple of the closer dining options. Would love to hear if anyone has thoughts on these or other nearby options.

Also, interested in any tours/excursions/activities in the area. We'll have a 4 year old with us, but try not to let that slow us down too much.
I can't recommend Tour/excursions but can recommend local thai restaurant.
My favorite local thai restaurant is Khrạw lūks̄āw
(Kitchen daughter,google translate,Lunch & Diner) but this restaurant is extremely spicy food.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir//12....,99.987059,16z

Old Nov 29, 2015, 7:43 pm

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
How many points per night to stay here? I cant see online
Old Nov 29, 2015, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by BostonFlyer1624
How many points per night to stay here? I cant see online
Isn't this an "all-suites" property with "limited participation?" That is SPG's code for "you'll be flushing your points down the toilet." It's listed as Cat 5, which would mean 24k/nt in "low" season, 32k/nt in "high" season ... for a place that can fairly easily be BRGed for $150.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 9:13 am

I recently completed a 4 night stay at the Pranburi Villas with my wife and 4 year old daughter. We were upgraded to a Duplex Pool Villa suite on a arrival and really enjoyed the space and privacy, though as others have mentioned, the two separate villa buildings can be awkward, especially at night when the bugs are out in full force. We found that we didn’t use the living room villa much as a result. The villa pool was quite large and was great for lounging, playing, and even laps. The temperature was perfect and the infinity design acted as a natural skimmer, which kept it clean.

Breakfast at Dalah was nice. They had a surprisingly large selection of dishes, many of which were beautifully presented in small buffet portions. Dalah was only open for breakfast, but lunch and dinner were served at Luna LaPran, which is part of the new pool complex overlooking the sea (and road that runs along it). We enjoyed evening cocktail hour at Luna and had a few dinners there. Drinks were consistently weak, but fine. Dinners were very good. Prices are higher than surrounding eateries, but not unreasonable. They also have a 20% discount for SPG members which helps too. We ate offsite a few times. We tried Very Good Restaurant, which is about a 10 minute walk south along the water. Food was fine, but not super flavorful. We were there for lunch and it empty. Staff seemed almost annoyed that we were there. I guess you could say they didn’t quite live up to their name. We also had a few meals at Sing’s Beach Bar, which is directly across the road from the main entrance of the resort (not on the beach—they had to relocate due to the construction of the bike and pedestrian path being built along the water). We found the food and service to be better than Very Good and were able to get some laundry done there as well. Our daughter took a liking to Sing and she’s still taking about Mr. Sing as one of her favorite parts of our trip. We would have liked to have ventured further out to take in the local scene, but were without a car and weren’t quite to a place where we could bike outside of the property (they have a large fleet of pretty nice bicycles available for free use).

The resort was at about 50% occupancy during our stay, but we rarely saw more than two or three other guests and generally felt like we had the run of the place. It reminded us some of a slightly larger version of the Haciendas in Mexico.

We took a trip down to Koh Talu one day for snorkeling and beach time. It was ok, but nothing too special. It was a lot of driving without a huge payoff so I don’t know that I’d do it over again if given the chance.

We returned to the resort later in our trip while staying up in Hua Hin (more on that in the Sheraton Hua Hin thread) and had a chance to see a Duplex Pool Villa (the two story ones). I thought the interior spaces in those villas were better/more usable, but there were some tradeoffs with privacy (shared wall) and outdoor spaces (much smaller pool).

Overall, we were very happy with our stay and could see ourselves returning someday.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 10:43 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
What kind of gym facilities does the resort have?

Also, beyond the few restaurants that are available within walking distance, what is available if one has a car?

Do any of the suites have a kitchenette for some light cooking?
Old Sep 14, 2016, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by yosithezet
What kind of gym facilities does the resort have?

Also, beyond the few restaurants that are available within walking distance, what is available if one has a car?

Do any of the suites have a kitchenette for some light cooking?
There is a small gym in the new pool complex. There were a handful of new machines in there, but I couldn't say what.

No kitchenette in our villa.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 5:07 am

2 treadmill 1 elliptical and 1 bike 1 fitball yoka mat and dumbbells set

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.