Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

The SPG App for iPad and iPhone [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The SPG App for iPad and iPhone [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2014, 4:42 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
They just completed and update and mine works now with ios 8.1. Award reservations all have dollar values in them which the app developers should probably suppress as it is presumably the value paid by SPG to the hotel.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 5:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat (4 MM), SPG LT Plat (Bonvoy doesn’t exist to me), HH Diamond via cc, Hyatt Globalist
Update works fine on 8.0.2 as well.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 7:36 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
. . .

Award reservations all have dollar values in them which the app developers should probably suppress as it is presumably the value paid by SPG to the hotel.
Yes, they do. I reported same to William this morning via PM.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 7:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
Never had a problem with either ios 8.02 or now 8.1. Works just fine.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 9:27 pm

The updates fixes the crashes I was experiencing too. iPhone 6 iOS 8.0.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 7:59 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
New app running very fast

I downloaded the new app, SPG for iPhone v5.2.1, for my iPhone 5 with iOS 8.0.2 last night. The SPG app is running very fast, page refreshes with very little hesitation. Even hotel searches are running fast.

I tried my other hotel and airline apps and SPG app is fastest hands-down. Hilton app is the pits, Marriott app is not as fast and also doesn't have all the information I want to access.

SPG app wins.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 10:57 am

Programs: KL Platinum
All rates displayed with € sign

When I look at the reservation details, tapping on the date, then on "view all details", every rate is displayed with a € sign in front, even those which are in US$ or other currencies (the rate of course is not converted to euro, it is just displayed with the € sign instead of the right one).

The rate is displayed with the right currency in passbook and on the website, but not in the app.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 12:12 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, WS Gold, Hertz PC, NationalEE, Hyatt Explorist, IHGGold, BW Diamond
Request SNA on iPad App?

Just upgraded all my software - Mac - iPad - iPhone.

Never checked before upgrade, but I cannot find a spot to request SNA on app.

Is this feature missing, or am I just not looking in the right place?

I usually do all my booking and upgrades on my Mac, but thought it would be handy to do on iPad.

C
Old Oct 21, 2014, 3:48 pm

Post SPG app on ipone 6; duplicate icons?

Hello,

Has anyone downloaded SPG app on iphone 6 yet? I noticed I have two spg apps appearing on my home screen?

Not sure why this is? you can see screenshot link below.

http://s892.photobucket.com/user/su5577/library/
Old Oct 22, 2014, 9:44 am

Programs: IHG Spire, Marriott
Originally Posted by YSL5577
Hello,

Has anyone downloaded SPG app on iphone 6 yet? I noticed I have two spg apps appearing on my home screen?

Not sure why this is? you can see screenshot link below.

http://s892.photobucket.com/user/su5577/library/
for a bit, I had to check if I was on the macrumors forum.

The problem you have is with the app installation process, nothing to do with bottle rocket or SPG. Usually simply remove the app by long-pressing on one of the apps. If the cross is not available on the phantom app, do a force reset.

Hold the lock button and home button at the same time until the screen turns off and the normal boot process will occur.
Old Dec 7, 2014, 7:16 am

Programs: *G
i have iphone6 but see no option from spg app to add card to passbook?
Old Dec 7, 2014, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by deniah
i have iphone6 but see no option from spg app to add card to passbook?
Swipe to "Stays" and then tap "View Stay Pass in Passbook"
Old Feb 21, 2015, 1:19 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
Is it just me or does the latest version of the App (5.4.1) crash upon opening on the iPad? (iPad 3 running 8.1.3)

Edit: fixed by resetting the iPad but it seems to take a very long while to launch

Last edited by davidw70; Feb 21, 2015 at 1:25 am
Old Feb 21, 2015, 12:08 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, Marriott
I think it was the servers problem. Tried again this morning and it launched just fine.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 2:27 pm
Formally known as reinmedia

Programs: AA EXP | EX UA 1K | Marriot Titanium
Interesting issue that I am having with logging in to the SPG app...

With the combination of my UA MP account being compromised and reports of several breaches in SPG accounts, I changed my password a few months ago to something very secure (30 characters + digits + symbols) and have had no issues whatsoever. When I updated my apps recently, it required me to login to the SPG app again and now I'm getting an error message with my login credentials.

I emailed spgapp@ to report the issue and they told me that the app doesn't allow any special characters, which is different from the online requirements. Here is their recommendation:
We recommend changing your SPG web password on www.spg.com to fit the following criteria:

- At least 6 and at most 14 characters long with at least 1 letter and 1 number, with no special symbols like ‘#’ or ‘$’ in it.
They are basically asking me to make a less secure password so I can use the app. I fully understand outsourcing your app builds to 3rd party companies, but you should adopt the same type of rules when it comes to login credentials. They could also offer an API login through Facebook, Twitter, or Linkedin, but asking me to create a less secure password isn't really a smart solution.

This is apparently a "known bug" but wanted to share the issue just in case people are modifying their passwords.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.