Four Points by Sheraton Now Open in Minot, ND

Subscribe
While I was on business this past week, I was pleasantly surprised passing through Minot that there is a new Four Points in south Minot, just north of Walmart. I had reservations at other brand properties but after I left Walmart and started to head north towards US2, I saw the Four Points banner on a hotel and called the SPG Platinum line to see if it was up and running. Turns out that it was, and had just converted from the Astoria Hotel to the Four Points last Thursday. Property is still under very minor renovations, but is an extremely nice property.

As of this point, this hotel has extremely competitive rates as compared to similar properties in this area. SPG Members in the area, take advantage of this while you can.......

As a Platinum, I was recognized by a staff that was still in training but familiar with the Platinum recognition, amenity, and upgraded me to a great room on the SPG floor with a larger room w/ kitchenette, including a full stove, fridge, microwave and other amenities on the SPG floor.

The General Manager, Steven Tierno, went out of his way to personally welcome me the next morning at breakfast and thanked me for being the 1st Plat through the property. In fact, he and his team went so far out of their way, I cancelled my reservation the next night at another property and called Mr. Tierno at the 4Pts and had him rebook me. The staff really went out of their way the 2nd night to recognize me even more and help out wherever they could, you could tell that they had been coached that day even more on how to treat SPG members, even more props to Mr. Tietno and the management team for reviewing the small details quickly.

This is a full service 4Pts property with an inviting lobby, limited store area (hutch area with snacks, beverages, etc.) , pool, hot tub, laundry facilities, bar, breakfast area, and at this point has a menu of pizzas and other items, but also does in house dinners through Ruby Tuesday just down the road that gets billed to your room.

The lobby is very nice and the exterior is a nice stonework, over all a great property.

I will be posting photos and similar review once TripAdvisor approves the new name.

Very good experience overall. ^
This hotel is a pile of trash. The staff here are the the epitome of inept. They charged the card I had on file (personal) and not the card I presented at check in (company) no receipt was available.

it's been over a month and they haven't been able to resolve the billing issue, or even provide a receipt. Also, over a month and no points have posted. SPG Corporate (Platinum Concierge) is pretty neutered when it comes to dealing with the hotel.

Is refusing to provide a receipt even legal? I may just file a chargeback.
Leaving Starwood on June 1, 2015.
That was quick...

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/fourpo...ropertyID=3938
Hey, the place even has at least one suite.
Quote: That was quick...

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/fourpo...ropertyID=3938
I'll say. I just received an email informing me that they're leaving SPG. I have an award stay scheduled there for the end of June. If I understand the email correctly, my award stay will still be honored, but I won't get any PLT amenities. And although it doesn't mention it, I assume I won't get a stay or night credit.

Three days notice of the departure is not a lot of time. I only made the reservation about a week ago, and would not have done so if I'd known they were leaving SPG. Assuming I can have the points put back into my account without a penalty, I may look at other options. tls
Well, I emailed SPG at the address they provided in their email to me, but didn't get a response. In any event, per the cancellation policy on my reservation I was able to cancel without penality, so I did so. No sense in using points if I (presumably) won't get a stay/nights credit. tls
Now this place belongs to a very small local chain called Astoria Hotels and Suites. as of June 1, 2015. [Their other locations are Dickinson ND and Glendive MT.] The website pictures look just like fairly recent Four Points decor and furnishings, so it appears that no changes were made. They advertise free hot breakfast, free wifi, free snacks and bottled water, etc. The hotel claims to have a "lounge" but no restaurant other than the breakfast.