Wiki Posts
Search

Time for a new Starwood in BVI?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2015, 7:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP 4+ million miles, Ambassador+ Elite
Time for a new Starwood in BVI?

Set on 140 acres, Biras Creek Resort on Virgin Gorda has closed...come on Starwood, here is an opportunity to expand in the Caribbean.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 7:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
When a resort closes, there's usually a good reason...
Old Jun 22, 2015, 7:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP 4+ million miles, Ambassador+ Elite
BVI?

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
So many possible reasons. Somehow Rosewood does quite well with Little Dix Bay there.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by 1AAFlyer
Set on 140 acres, Biras Creek Resort on Virgin Gorda has closed...come on Starwood, here is an opportunity to expand in the Caribbean.
Hear. Hear. Could be lots of synergies with The Bitter End.

Cheers,
Old Jun 22, 2015, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
In this case, I would say it was mostly because the offering was just too narrow.

A reburb & expansion of existing facilities, while maintaining & maybe building on Biras Creek's culinary excellence, would be a great addition to the *wood portfolio in this part of the Caribbean. Maybe a St. Regis?

Cheers,
Old Jun 22, 2015, 2:37 pm
Suspended

Sorry I just dont get threads such as this one. We know *W is presently trying to Sell the props it owns, so why would they start to buy new ones. Im sure *W would like to have a hotel in many places where its Franchisee decided for whatever reason to deflag

A thread like this would maybe make sense if a hotel somewhere tried to join *W and was turned down, even thou it met all the T&Cs of the program.Otherwise my only suggestion is go out raise the neccesary $$$ and get the hotel and join *W.*W is getting out of the biz of owning hotels and till you find someone willing to buy the hotel and bring it up(if needed) to *W specifications nothing is going to happen
Old Jun 22, 2015, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by craz
Sorry I just dont get threads such as this one. We know *W is presently trying to Sell the props it owns, so why would they start to buy new ones. Im sure *W would like to have a hotel in many places where its Franchisee decided for whatever reason to deflag

A thread like this would maybe make sense if a hotel somewhere tried to join *W and was turned down, even thou it met all the T&Cs of the program.Otherwise my only suggestion is go out raise the neccesary $$$ and get the hotel and join *W.*W is getting out of the biz of owning hotels and till you find someone willing to buy the hotel and bring it up(if needed) to *W specifications nothing is going to happen
Sorry, you've lost me. Lots of examples of properties being upgraded to *wood specs and reflagged. No one is saying *wood has to own the property. They can just do what they do all the time, which is work with a developer/owner to get it up and running.

Cheers,
Old Jun 22, 2015, 3:08 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Flews
Sorry, you've lost me. Lots of examples of properties being upgraded to *wood specs and reflagged. No one is saying *wood has to own the property. They can just do what they do all the time, which is work with a developer/owner to get it up and running.

Cheers,
Thats true but I hardly doubt that came about by a person starting a new thread on FT. Youd be better off spending some $$ and taking ads out in the papers of the location you want a hotel to be.

As I said if say the owners of the prop in BVI asked *W about joining and *W answered we dont want any locations there, then I fully could understand a thread such as this.Otherwise its useless as Im sure *W would love to have props all over, go and find them willing owners that meet *Ws qualifications.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.