Search

The Westin Hotel - Church Falls, VA - Review

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2009, 6:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL
The Westin Hotel - Church Falls, VA - Review

Hi,

This was a trip about this time a year ago. It was at The Westin Hotel in Church Falls, VA. This was a school trip so not every thing was present in the room. We were there maybe 12 out of 24 hours of the day, being a DC trip there was a lot of sight seeing. I'd just think to post this in the DC forum instead of trip reports.

So, here is my newly written Hotel Review:

Category Points
Room comfort 9/10
Bed comfort 10/10
Bathroom overall 13/15
Toiletries/Standards 8/10
Food on site 14/15
Entertainment on site 12/15
Room cleanliness 10/10
Hotel Safety/Security 5/5
Hotel staff 4/5
Bonus 5/5
TOTAL 90/100 = A-

Reasoning: Room was very comfy, Bed = Excellent, Bathroom was pretty clean, Most of the stuff there (except for coffee maker, iron, etc.) Vending machines were fine and breakfast was great, TV wasn't the best programming but although flat screen, room was clean, security guards at night (for school purposes), staff was friendly, and deserves the full bonus.

There was a standard breakfast every morning. It consisted of scrambled eggs, potato wedges, bacon, sausage, water, orange juice, coffee, etc. It was a good and delicious way to wake up.

Otherwise it was a great hotel. It was a bit on the fancy end of the DC hotels, but it was a nice one.
Old Jun 1, 2009, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Do you mean the Westin Tysons Corner? I think that's the closest Westin to Falls Church, followed by Westin Arlington and Westin Alexandria.

Meanwhile I will move this thread to the Starwood Preferred Guest forum, where most Westin discussion takes place. The moderators there may feel it appropriate to combine this post with others on the same hotel.

Regards,
Gary
aka gleff
Senior moderator
Old Jun 13, 2013, 11:12 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
If this is the Westin Tyson Corner on Leesburg Pike, I have just completed a 3 night stay there.

I believe this was an old Ramada property as navigation seem to only find Ramada and not the Westin. In addition, trying to use navigation using the hotel's address took me somewhere else, even though I had triple checked the address entered. Later that day when I was leaving the hotel a pizza delivery guy asked me if he was at the right address, I said yes and told him I had the same trouble finding it earlier.

Rooms are very old, even the the one bed-room suite I was upgraded to. The coffee table is literally falling apart and so is the door handle to the bedroom. Traffic from the highway can be heard very easily so it's not a good choice for light sleepers, but all suites are facing the highway at this property.

AC worked on and off, but I was too lazy to complaint.

Rate was cheap at under $100, but overheard someone booked from a third party site for $76 when I was checking in.

During rush hour it's almost impossible to get in and out of this place. Traveling 1 mile down the road to get some dinner can take 20-25 minutes, it's almost quicker just to walk there.

The only thing I enjoyed was the breakfast, which I chose over the 500 points. Well worth it in my opinion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.