Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Zurich Hotel (was Sheraton ‘West’), Switzerland [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Zurich Hotel (was Sheraton ‘West’), Switzerland [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2014, 9:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EX²-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Was there in early october.

Friendly check in and check out.

Was upgraded from junior suite to junior club suite ( 9th floor ). One bottle of sparkling water and one bottle of still water.
Shower floods nearly the hole bath.

Very good coffee maschine in the lounge.
Lounge had a little bit poor choice. Service is a huge problem there. Most time no service...
Why are there no swiss wines in the lounge available???

Easy parking under the hotel.

Lots of work around. Night and day you also can hear the train...

Last edited by Forstbetrieb; Oct 27, 2014 at 9:25 pm
Old Jun 15, 2015, 5:15 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Any updates?

Do the train and tram run near midnight?
Old Jun 15, 2015, 8:58 am

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB
Sheraton Zurich (West) Hotel, Switzerland - Opened Jan 17, 2014 [Master Thread]

I was there a few weeks ago. Very nice property, good service, Plat upgrade to Jr suite. Had booked 2 rooms and 2nd room was comped club acces, nice touch. Club Lounge decent enough with nice views.

One of the few hotels in Europe with 2 Queen beds in the larger room category. Often on hot escapes and good rates on weekends.

Not sure about the exact tram schedule but I would guess until midnight should be ok. Hardbruecke is walkable for larger trains (just over 10 minutes).
Old Jun 15, 2015, 10:46 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Trams, buses and trains run until approx. 00.30-01.00 on workdays and through the night (with special schedule and surcharge) on Fridays and Saturdays.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 1:01 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
thanks airoli and banzani! Very helpful of you!
Old Aug 26, 2015, 10:59 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
Stayed here the first week of August and think this is one of the nicest Sheratons out there. I was upgraded to a Jr Suite which was impressive in size. Service was great with nice lounge selection. Location wasn't central but would go back to this property in a heart beat. Tram is right outside which makes location a non-issue.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by zsmith2
Stayed here the first week of August and think this is one of the nicest Sheratons out there. I was upgraded to a Jr Suite which was impressive in size. Service was great with nice lounge selection. Location wasn't central but would go back to this property in a heart beat. Tram is right outside which makes location a non-issue.
I was there first week of Aug; also got the same upgrade.

I second all comments made about this hotel. It is an excellent choice.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 1:34 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
In the past I tried a few different hotels when visiting Zürich and was never fully happy with any of them. That was until this year where I have now settled on the Sheraton as my regular destination. The hotel is new, rooms are nice, I like the lounge, good location, price is reasonable, etc. I have received a junior suite upgrade 6 times in 6 stays this year as Platinum.

The only negative is that the hot food in the lounge was downgraded to only soup a few months ago. Prior to that it was excellent.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 9:34 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Am I right from the website that there is no sauna or steam room at this hotel?
Old Jun 28, 2017, 2:07 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Originally Posted by Isochronous
Am I right from the website that there is no sauna or steam room at this hotel?
Yup, no pool, no steam, no sauna. Just a gym, unfortunately.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 9:30 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by enelym1978
Yup, no pool, no steam, no sauna. Just a gym, unfortunately.
Pity. Guess it will be the Marriott then.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 3:32 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Just posting pictures

Sheraton Zurich Hotel

Map| 2 Reviews | 100% Recommended

Sheraton Zurich Hotel

Pfingstweidstrasse 100 Zurich, CH 8005

Just posting pictures (16 Photos)

Sheraton Zurich Hotel

Since there are no reviews yet, I'll post pictures of my latest stays, just to give an idea of what the rooms look like. 

It has become my go-to SPG hotel in Zurich. You can often get it for 149CHF or even 129CHF (rare cases). As a PLT and now Gold, I get upgraded to a Junior Suite (not a real suite but a really big room with big bathroom) 80% of the time for booking a standard room.

Sure it's not in the heart of the city but it's close enough, with good tram connections to the main station and the old town. It's near the happening Technopark area and Hardbrücke area.

Staff are always friendly. I get my bonus points and a choice of welcome amenity (a drink, Toblerone chocolate or a fruit platter if my memory is good). I always go for the chocolate.

Late check-outs are basically automatic. They never ask me and always give me 4PM.

EDC4C40B-AE7D-47FF-8AB9-4C6E0784C3D5.JPG

Standard Room

3_FullSizeRender_11.jpg

3_FullSizeRender_9.jpg

2_FullSizeRender_10.jpg

1_FullSizeRender_12.jpg

0D35DDCB-7AFC-41C0-AD1E-855FD677962F.JPG

Junior Suite

All the Junior Suite upgrades I had were corner rooms. I've had a few on the top floors with basically no vis-a-vis or some lower floors facing the train viaduct that goes towards Oerlikon and the airport.

4E8E431E-32FF-4BF7-BE1A-3C0A60B87ED6.JPG

D4E785EB-03C3-4B27-A10B-DE4EB0FB8E61.JPG

3_FullSizeRender_3.jpg

3_FullSizeRender_2.jpg

4_FullSizeRender.jpg

You can barely see it on the right but there's a small walk-in closet for your bags, clothes and with the safety box.

5B1E6B76-423D-4428-B0F2-B269A4E8CEFA.JPG

The Junior Suite bathroom has both the shower and the bath tub and heated floors.

4_FullSizeRender_4.jpg

(different suite than previous pic)

Lounge

4_FullSizeRender_8.jpg

3_FullSizeRender_7.jpg

4_FullSizeRender_6.jpg

On the left hand side, the tall building is the Renaissance Zurich.

I've seen a few members complaining about the noise from the nearby trains... i've had rooms facing directly the tracks and I've never been bothered. Now, I have quite an easy and deep sleep so this could be an issue if you're a light sleeper.

There's not much around the hotel. There's a 25Hours hotel right next door and some residential buildings in the back. The Toni Areal mixed office/housing/school/museum building is next door as well. If you want bars or restaurants, just walk 2 tram stops (or take that said tram) and you'll be in the Technopark where you can find quite some choices for food and drinks. Go one more stop and you'll be in the Hardbrücke area where you'll find more options.

If you're in a hurry and want to be at the main station by taxi, it's about 15-20CHF for the short ride. I mostly take the tram all the way or until Hardbrücke then switch to the S-Bahn trains that connects you to all the suburbs, main station and the airport.

Overall

As said at the beginning, if I manage to rooms for around CHF 150, no hesitation, I'd stay at this Sheraton. Though now that I'm MR Gold, I might give a try to the Renaissance nearby. Their standard rooms are quite big I think and there's breakfast for Gold members. 

The Four Points in Sihl City is almost always more expensive than this Sheraton. It's right next to a big mall but location wise, to me, it's the same distance from the lake, the old town and Bellevue or the main station. That's how it feels anyways, never really timed or "measured" the commutes :)

Just posting pictures

Would you like to write a review on the Sheraton Zurich Hotel?

No, thank you.
Yes
joakgarp likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 9:07 am

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Hi guys,

Read on tripadvisor that the hotel is quite "green" meaning the airconditioning system wont go below 22 celcius. How was your experiences while staying here during summer time? Was it difficult to sleep? Normally i prefer my room to be at around 18 celcius.

Would like to know your experiences regarding how cool it can be during summer period as will be staying here soon! Thanks
Old Mar 3, 2018, 3:48 am

I posted the link already in our Sheraton Club Lounge Thread ...however maybe it`s worth to do make it here again!
We very much enjoyed the stay, got upgraded to Junor Suite (SPG Platinum) and found that the club Lounge offer was very good and met our expectations.

Thank you, GT80

Last edited by GT80; Mar 3, 2018 at 3:48 am Reason: typo
Old Jan 22, 2019, 8:08 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Can you open the windows at this Sheraton ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.