Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 16, 2019, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: kklems
THIS WILL BE REBADGED A BEST WESTERN AT THE END OF JULY
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2013, 9:02 pm
Original Poster

Saw this property listed on the spg website with an opening date of 5/30/13 but it doesnt seem to be bookable. Any info? Will it open on time? Is it taking over an old property? Will be nice to have something so close to Kauffman Stadium and hopefully cheap!
Old May 26, 2013, 7:22 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, MR Plat, DM Silver, RR, AA, US, BA
Originally Posted by ethang801
Saw this property listed on the spg website with an opening date of 5/30/13 but it doesnt seem to be bookable. Any info? Will it open on time? Is it taking over an old property? Will be nice to have something so close to Kauffman Stadium and hopefully cheap!
The property is taking reservations now on the SPG site for dates of 6/6/13 and later.
Old May 27, 2013, 2:59 pm

Programs: Promus Preferred, ITT Sheraton Club
This used to be a Clarion property. Hopefully it's not as junky at the 4pts out by the KCI airport. Good heavens that place is a garbage dump.
Old May 27, 2013, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Minneapolis
This used to be a Clarion property. Hopefully it's not as junky at the 4pts out by the KCI airport. Good heavens that place is a garbage dump.
Looking at pictures and reviews, it doesn't look any better. I've stayed at the 4Pts MCI. Complete and total dump.

Gotta say I'm confused by all of the changes here. Let's see if I have this right:

The Sheraton across from the stadium -- that was an Adams Mark before it was a Sheraton and now it's a Holiday Inn. I may have missed one between Sheraton and Holiday Inn, though.

The Holiday Inn became a Clarion and is now going to be a 4Pts.

I have a fondness for the old Sheraton / Adams Mark property, though. I stayed there once and was upgraded to the biggest suite I've ever seen.
Old May 27, 2013, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by RichMSN
Looking at pictures and reviews, it doesn't look any better. I've stayed at the 4Pts MCI. Complete and total dump.

Gotta say I'm confused by all of the changes here. Let's see if I have this right:

The Sheraton across from the stadium -- that was an Adams Mark before it was a Sheraton and now it's a Holiday Inn. I may have missed one between Sheraton and Holiday Inn, though.

I have a fondness for the old Sheraton / Adams Mark property, though. I stayed there once and was upgraded to the biggest suite I've ever seen.
I'm guessing most would only stay here for a sporting event? The Sheraton and Aloft on the Kansas side are near the interstate and have more shopping and restaurants. Though, it will add on to the driving time to get to the stadiums. Do these hotels offer a shuttle for sporting events? Could save some $$$ for parking for football games.
Old May 27, 2013, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Astrophsx
I'm guessing most would only stay here for a sporting event? The Sheraton and Aloft on the Kansas side are near the interstate and have more shopping and restaurants. Though, it will add on to the driving time to get to the stadiums. Do these hotels offer a shuttle for sporting events? Could save some $$$ for parking for football games.
I stayed thee cause I was property-hopping and the rate was reasonable. I think I also went to a Royals game that night...
Old Aug 4, 2013, 12:14 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Was stuck here for the weekend by my company, who didn't know any better, so I'll do a quick run of the basics. They bought the room at $149/nt, but day I checked in, room was listed at $79, which might make it useful for a mattress run when the Chiefs/Royals are out of town. When I checked in at ~5pm on Thursday, there were a total of four cars in the parking lot. Figure one for the girl in the lobby, one for the bartender, one for the cook at the bar, and it was entirely possible that there were two guests staying at the hotel, of which I was one. (Was empty on Friday, got busier on Friday night, and was then actually reasonably active on Saturday.) Service was obviously quick and to the point, very friendly throughout the weekend. Upgraded me to an "executive" room, which was a two doubles room (weird since I was by myself) with a desk and a big couch. Hotel uses the dispensers for shampoo/conditioner/body lotion instead of individual bottles. Wi-fi was fast. Parking plentiful (obviously) and easy access to the highway. Convenience store in the gas station on either side, and a Taco Bell next door that was open late.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 3:40 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
Stayed here last week for one night. When I got there, there was stuff (maybe drywall??) on the carpeting on the ground floor, the elevators, and trailing throughout the hallway on the floor with my room. I'm not sure if there was some sort of renovation going on (didn't see anything), but it really made the place look dumpy. The next morning they had vacuumed, which helped a good bit.

That said, I'm not surprised to hear this is a former CP property. The furniture in my room was kinda junky. I stayed in four separate 4P in four separate cities on four consecutive nights (was on a motorcycle trip), and this property definitely made the least favorable impression; it just had a run down appearance (even after the vacumming).

On the upside, the staff was very nice and professional, and it is right across from the stadiums where the Chiefs and Royals play (though it's not near much else; there was a Subway and Taco Bell within walking distance, and a low end sit-down restaurant across the street; the front desk clerk said that there was more a selection of restaurants one exit down the highway). tls
Old Sep 17, 2014, 5:54 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Any recent stays? I've tentatively booked this for next summer -- heading to a couple ballgames at the stadium and it certainly is convenient and less expensive than the nicer places in town.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 7:56 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
I booked 4P for a KC Royals game in May. Any recent stays?
Old Mar 20, 2017, 1:58 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
I recently completed a stay here. I do not recommend this property. Complete dump. Only redeeming quality was it is a good for mattress hopping at $66 per night.

Room was very old and outdated. The 4points at MCI is a lot newer compared to this one.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 4:42 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by RichMSN

The Adams Mark is still down the road from the stadiums and this 4P.

I wound up at this property for a few nights this week. $77 prepaid rate is the only redeeming quality. I arrived at 130am and the front desk receptionist seemed put off that I didn't call to advise them of my late arrival (despite being prepaid for 4 nights). The reason I was late was due to a series of delayed flights. I would normally call in situations like that, but it was a rough trip that calling the hotel wasn't on my mind.

I got my Platinum Amenity choice of points or free breakfast, so I took the breakfast chits.

The room was very basic. There are no convenient outlets next to the bed. There was a multistrip hanging (yes hanging) by the microwave cord above it, next to the desk. The HVAC unit was loud. The sink had a slow drain, and the deadbolt on the door didn't work. I advised these issues, but they weren't addressed during my stay.

A minor inconvenience is that all room keys are disabled after 2 nights, even if you're stay is longer. They don't inform you of this upon checkin, so you don't find out until you try to enter your room to no avail and then have to go to the front desk to get it sorted out. I asked why the keys can't be programmed for the number of nights I was staying (4) and was given 2 different reasons. 1.) The key coder is old and can only do 2 nights at a time and 2.) It's "for security reasons". I've stayed in some pretty ratty, run down properties and they all had a key coder that could do more than 2 nights. And the security excuse is total BS. If it were true, then maybe this would be the norm across all SPG properties....

The bed was pretty comfortable, though.

The first morning's breakfast was Ala carte from the menu. Standard hot choices were available and my breakfast chit was accepted for any entree. The service, however, was painfully slow. There was one woman serving the restaurant (which is their sports bar). Luckily there were only about 8 people, but she was clearly overwhelmed. Maybe someone called out or the management chose to understaff to save a few bucks on labor costs.

My next morning I almost opted to forgo the free breakfast and hit Burger King next door for the croissant sandwich combo, but I peeked in the restaurant and saw they had a buffet setup. I was in and out in under 10 minutes.

There is really nothing around this property aside from the sports venues. If you don't have a car, you're kind of stuck. The only things in walking distance are the stadiums, Burger King, Subway, Taco Bell and - a bit up the road (but across the busy highway) - is a Denny's.

For $77 ($91 with taxes), I tolerated it.

Last edited by PHL; Oct 18, 2017 at 8:39 pm
Old Jan 27, 2018, 11:31 am

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
Just booked three night. Was gonna look here first for reviews, but at $66 per night and free parking, what could go wrong? I'm leaving a few days before the Royals home opener, when I'm guessing rates hit three digits.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 1:54 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Jailer
Just booked three night. Was gonna look here first for reviews, but at $66 per night and free parking, what could go wrong? I'm leaving a few days before the Royals home opener, when I'm guessing rates hit three digits.
I stayed there January 4 and was very pleased. I told them I was coming back to Starwood for the new year, after 20+ years away. They threw in a free breakfast in the restaurant, to welcome me back. Alas, my flight out was too early to make use of the breakfast. Anyway, I thought it was a great hotel and I'd surely stay there again.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 8:24 pm
Original Member

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver
This will become a Best Western at the end of this month. Not surprised as it was pretty run down and probably below Marriott standards but I spent alot of nights here attending sporting and concerts at Arrowhead and Kaufman stadium using points. Just saving the $60 parking fee at Arrowhead made the stay worthwhile and the staff were alot of fun.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.