Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points by Sheraton Miraflores Peru [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points by Sheraton Miraflores Peru [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2013, 7:59 pm

Oh no! I resent it as a PM. Hope you have a great weekend!
Old Dec 29, 2013, 4:47 pm
Used to be highman123

I had a good time here lately. Here is my review:

http://www.mightytravels.com/1323275...peru_hotel.php

Overall this was certainly more of a no-frills experience than the other hotels I tried in Peru. However the hotel is brand new, very motivated staff and one of the best locations in Lima. Room rates sometimes dipped under $100 – it's a great deal than. I'd happily come back!
Old Jun 4, 2014, 10:12 pm

Any recent stays here? Looking at booking two award nights at 7K/night, seems like a lot , normal rates are $150. Also it looks like you can get nice local hotels for around $100/night, maybe its better to save those points for another country....
Old Jun 5, 2014, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Yes - stayed here last week and absolutely loved it. As an SPG Gold, I received an upgrade to a Jr. Suite, free continental breakfast at the restaurant, a welcome drink, AND the 250 Starpoints (oh and WiFi was included so no need to select that as my benefit). The Jr. Suite had a separate bedroom with a King bed and its own AC unit and then a large sitting area in the other room. The gym wasn't the best but it had a treadmill which was all I was looking for an also a little outdoor terrace with some decent views.

The staff was great and the hotel itself is in a good location in Miraflores. You can walk fairly easily down to Lacromar, and you can also walk around to other places within Miraflores with ease. The hotel concierge recommended a place called Alfresco for lunch (aka lots of ceviche) and gave me a slip of paper which got me a free drink there as well. For dinner I went to a place called Saqra around the corner which had some excellent Lomo for roughly $20 USD. Also no problem with the 4pm checkout and then having them store my bags since I wasn't getting picked up until 7pm (I was on the 1115pm AA LIM - MIA).

I went with the C+P option at 3.5k + $55 USD which was definitely worth it. I used Peruvian Shuttle which was quite good (I booked about 12 hours ahead of time and had no problem) and cost $22 USD each way for a private transfer in a Camry.

I have a few pictures which I'll upload tomorrow and update this post with but overall, I was initially going to go to the Sheraton, I'm glad I made the last second decision to go with the FourPoints

Last edited by Duke787; Jun 5, 2014 at 10:23 pm
Old Jun 7, 2014, 5:18 pm

Thanks for the update. It's between this one and local one that looks good as well. I wouldn't mind checking out those photos too...
Old Jun 10, 2014, 11:13 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
There are tons of photos in the early posts in this very thread. I would highly recommend staying here, as it is very good value and perfect location. Nice hotel for BRG claims as well.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Sorry my apologies for taking so long to get back with pictures:

And the "gym":

Old Jun 21, 2014, 11:28 am

Thanks it does look very nice, just gotta decide if its worth 7K/night. My flight out isnt until midnight, do you think I would be able to get an 8pm or so late checkout? I'm gold.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 8:52 am

Location: DCA's home, AA hubs and spokes are where you'll usually find me
Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
SNAs

I'm curious as to why this property doesn't support Suite Night Awards -- it appears that they have a reasonable number of suites in the property but don't seem to offer any SNA options. Anyone have ideas?
Old Sep 20, 2014, 1:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,
Had an enjoyable stay here last week.

Very friendly staff - helpful and polite. A young team.

I booked about 20 minutes before using points and was upgraded to a suite! Totally unexpected, but a welcome arrival.

Used the room more for the day as the flight back to the US wasn't until near 1am, but was in a great location in the city too.

One of the best Four Points I've stayed at in terms of room size, cleanliness and location.
Old Oct 31, 2015, 9:17 am

Bad checkin experience from staff.

We did arrive early from our flight (10am). At check in we were told there wasn't a room available (this is fine), and we said we would wait in the lobby. The check in lady proceeded to tell me it was $65 USD to get to our room earlier because normal check in time is at 3pm. I had to mention that I was SPG Platinum and then she backed off and said "I will give you free early check in". Ugh, just exhausting to deal with after an early flight.
Old Oct 31, 2015, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by cynniecyn
Bad checkin experience from staff.

We did arrive early from our flight (10am). At check in we were told there wasn't a room available (this is fine), and we said we would wait in the lobby. The check in lady proceeded to tell me it was $65 USD to get to our room earlier because normal check in time is at 3pm. I had to mention that I was SPG Platinum and then she backed off and said "I will give you free early check in". Ugh, just exhausting to deal with after an early flight.
Wow. That's really bad
Old May 3, 2018, 11:52 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
I expect the reward redemption will change after the merger. The Courtyard next door is 25K Marriott points/nt. This 4 pts is 4K (3K weekend)/nt. Just not sure which way it will go. Whereas the new Miraflores Hyatt Centric is 15K Hyatt pt which is about 45K Marriott. I think this might be a bit high for the area.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 11:05 am

Courtyard Miraflores is dropping down to a Cat 3, so both the four points and Courtyard should be bookable at 25k/night. Any input on which property is a better use of points? They appear to be right next to each other, so location shouldn't be much of a factor.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.