Surprise for staying at all 9 spg brands

Old Sep 14, 2014, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
Originally Posted by indecisive311
Just missing St. Regis and W. Think it's worth going for?
It happened in 2012, not in 2013, so it happening in 2014 ... Your guess is as good as mine.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 8:47 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold, Aeroplan, Marriott Titanium (LT Platinum), HH Diamond
I'm missing St. Regis and Luxury Collection. I might be in DC this fall so there is a chance to check those off the list and see what happens
Old Sep 15, 2014, 4:05 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
made it to all 9 in 2014......no chocolates yet
Old Sep 15, 2014, 6:13 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by meesterdowntown
made it to all 9 in 2014......no chocolates yet
As your reward for making all 9, let me be the first to say Welcome to FT!
Old Sep 15, 2014, 10:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by controller1
As your reward for making all 9, let me be the first to say Welcome to FT!
+1

meesterdowntown, Welcome to Flyertalk!
Old Sep 17, 2014, 12:01 am

Programs: AA LTP 2MM, Marriott/SPG Rabid Plat w/Ambassador, HHonors Gold
I need to decide if I'm willing to stay at an aloft this year to hit my 9th brand. I really hate that brand, but I hit all 9 last year and they didn't do the promo, so I think I will be kicking myself if they do it this year and I don't hit all 9.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 1:09 am

It's already Sep and I believe if they were going to do it some would have received something by now.

However, since I stayed at an Element for the first time ever this year, and had a W as well, I'm just going to divert my last stay to complete the 9. Hopes are not high though.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by travelswithmyself
It's already Sep and I believe if they were going to do it some would have received something by now.
Not true. When we got the surprise gift in the spring of 2013, it was based on staying at all 9 brands in calendar year 2012 (i.e., there was no way to know in advance). So assuming that SPG were generous enough to do this again based on stays in 2014, we likely wouldn't get anything until well after the fact.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by silentbob1974
Not true. When we got the surprise gift in the spring of 2013, it was based on staying at all 9 brands in calendar year 2012 (i.e., there was no way to know in advance). So assuming that SPG were generous enough to do this again based on stays in 2014, we likely wouldn't get anything until well after the fact.

Thanks for that info! Hope springs anew
Old Sep 17, 2014, 3:42 pm

Programs: UA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by r415
I need to decide if I'm willing to stay at an aloft this year to hit my 9th brand. I really hate that brand, but I hit all 9 last year and they didn't do the promo, so I think I will be kicking myself if they do it this year and I don't hit all 9.
Stayed at an Aloft in Cupertino a few months back. Thought it was pretty nice and modern, but it was also down the street from Apple HQ so I assume that had something to do with it. Haven't stayed at any other Aloft, what do you not like about it?
Old Sep 17, 2014, 5:43 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hilton Gold, RA, QF Gold, UA 1K
Surprise for staying at all 9 spg brands

No elements, aloft or four points this year.... Hit all 9 last year and can't be bothered....
Old Sep 17, 2014, 10:55 pm

Programs: AA LTP 2MM, Marriott/SPG Rabid Plat w/Ambassador, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Chutney
Stayed at an Aloft in Cupertino a few months back. Thought it was pretty nice and modern, but it was also down the street from Apple HQ so I assume that had something to do with it. Haven't stayed at any other Aloft, what do you not like about it?
While they are all newer, I find the bed extremely uncomfortable, the space cramped, with the bed taking up most of the room, and the lack of free breakfast (and better rooms for Platinum upgrades) disappointing. It feels like a budget property to me, except that many of them seem to be priced much higher. If I want a budget property, I would much rather stay at 4 points, which I have found are generally cheaper than Alofts, depending on location of course. In contrast, I've rather enjoyed Element properties. I'm not asking for the St. Regis here, but I'm not sure I can stomach an Aloft again. Of course, I've been spoiled recently with some nicer stays at the Le Meridien, W, and St. Regis.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 11:54 am

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat
Looks like it IS being offered... for SPG members residing in China:

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/cj?bra...h_campaign=NAD
Old Sep 18, 2014, 7:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by tfong007
My guess is that most of us are missing that one stay at an Elements property. I was wondering if any of you have gone out of your way to stay at an Elements property to round out the nine?
Actually, yes, I did go out of my way to stay at an Element property late last year (Element Lexington while staying in Boston - I even needed to rent a car specifically to get there!) in hopes of qualifying for this unpublished promo which never happened.

Looks like I'm already in the same situation for this year (I've already got 8 of 9 except Element) - don't think I'll bother (which probably means SPG will offer the promo this year! ).

-FlyerBeek
Old Sep 18, 2014, 9:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by r415
While they are all newer, I find the bed extremely uncomfortable, the space cramped, with the bed taking up most of the room, and the lack of free breakfast (and better rooms for Platinum upgrades) disappointing. It feels like a budget property to me, except that many of them seem to be priced much higher. If I want a budget property, I would much rather stay at 4 points, which I have found are generally cheaper than Alofts, depending on location of course. In contrast, I've rather enjoyed Element properties. I'm not asking for the St. Regis here, but I'm not sure I can stomach an Aloft again. Of course, I've been spoiled recently with some nicer stays at the Le Meridien, W, and St. Regis.
No hotel brand offers free breakfast. You can pay for it as part of your rate or you can pay for it on a check. But it's never free.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.