Search

Order a new SPG card or authorize a spouse

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2013, 11:53 am
tpr
Original Poster

Programs: AA, SPG
Order a new SPG card or authorize a spouse

I use my spg card for everything and for additional transparency and points collection I thought I will add my wife to this account.
In terms of benefit I know that should would get 25k when she applies for a new card vs nothing when she's added to my account.

Is it possible to apply for a one, and then merge it somehow so that all transactions are under same account (and statement)?
Old Mar 15, 2013, 12:51 pm

Programs: Household of Delta GM & PM, SWA RR CP, Bonvoy Platinum, Hertz #1 Gold, Budget RZ
Originally Posted by tpr
Is it possible to apply for a one, and then merge it somehow so that all transactions are under same account (and statement)?
Might be a better question for American Express, but I believe the answer is no. My partner and I each have one, and I just transfer the point monthly into his account since he is Platinum and we book everything under his SPG #. We just make 2 payments from the same bank account to each of our cards.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 12:57 pm

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
Don't forget to refer her for an extra 5000 Starpoints.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 1:14 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat, SPG & Marriott Gold, CC Silver
Originally Posted by tpr
I use my spg card for everything and for additional transparency and points collection I thought I will add my wife to this account.
In terms of benefit I know that should would get 25k when she applies for a new card vs nothing when she's added to my account.

Per SPG FAQ - it’s possible to transfer Starpoints between two Starwood Preferred Guest accounts if the household address is the same on both accounts. The transactions would be separate, but you can transfer the points between accounts.

If you want to see the transactions in one place, you have to make her an AU.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 1:19 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
You could wait until July or so when they have the 30K bonuses for Starwood and have her apply then.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 2:29 pm

Programs: AA 1mil SPG Gold and a variety of others
Quick answer is no -- can't share account with 2 different accounts. But you can transfer points if you live at the same address.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.