FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Four Points San Jose/Silicon Valley [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1426977-four-points-san-jose-silicon-valley-master-thread.html)

365RoadWarrior Jan 12, 2013 10:54 am

Four Points San Jose/Silicon Valley [Master Thread]

No to be confused with the Four Points in Downtown San Jose, this one is opening January 17, 2013.

Four Points by Sheraton San Jose - Silicon Valley
399 Silicon Valley Boulevard, San Jose , California 95138 United States
Phone: (408) 972-7800 • Fax: (408) 972-0157

I'll be visiting opening night and through the weekend. Not many good SPG alternatives in the area, but plenty of HHonors properties and a few Hyatts.

cozysuite Jan 12, 2013 2:56 pm

Guess you meant opening 2013. And another confusing property is W Silicon Valley for me, which is not really....:confused:

LovetoTravel83 Jan 12, 2013 5:18 pm

I have a reservation over there next week but I'm not sure I'll honour it. I know that it used to be a Holiday Inn.

365RoadWarrior Jan 13, 2013 10:05 am

Originally Posted by cozysuite (Post 20033722)
Guess you meant opening 2013. And another confusing property is W Silicon Valley for me, which is not really....:confused:

Thanks, I'm living in the past. 2013 it is.

Yes, the W (RIP) was misnamed. And perhaps shouldn't have been a W at all. (If "W" equates to or references "hip", how hip can you be on a salt marsh in the middle of nowhere?) Still, the location worked for me, when balanced against price. I'll no doubt be visiting again when it's resurrected as an Aloft.

RogerD408 Jan 13, 2013 10:20 am

Originally Posted by cozysuite (Post 20033722)

... and let's not forget Sheraton San Jose in Milpitas.

SometimesFlyer Jan 13, 2013 9:19 pm

Looks like this one might become a price leader in the SF south bay area. Good for those of us in the region who are looking for a mattress run ... the 4P Pleasanton is usually the leading contender but it is a good hour away.

magendim Feb 7, 2013 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by SometimesFlyer (Post 20041453)
Looks like this one might become a price leader in the SF south bay area. Good for those of us in the region who are looking for a mattress run ... the 4P Pleasanton is usually the leading contender but it is a good hour away.

Price leader likely, but if you have to commute any distance north or northwest, good luck with that drive. It's way out in the far south SJ 'burbs.

Fanfoot Feb 7, 2013 9:00 pm

Four Points San Jose/Silicon Valley - MASTER THREAD

It's certainly cheap, but I wasn't too impressed. It's VERY far away from everything and of course traffic is heavy. Not a great location either. Rooms are typical Four Points. Fine. Startup problems though. Room Service never came. Front Desk staff is new. Etc.

Still an option when there's nothing else.

RogerD408 Apr 13, 2013 1:31 pm

Overnight Stop

I did a stopover at this property to check it out. Booked a C&P night the day before. Everything appeared normal with the booking and confirmations. While checking in they confirmed a roll-a-way bed that I did not request. Easily taken care of, but concerned me. They also asked if I wanted my folio by eMail and I said yes (got the bill that night).

Lobby was huge and plenty of places to sit (only staff cleaning in the area the anytime I was in the lobby). I did see the microwave off to the right from the front desk in an obscure location. To the left of the front desk was a "mini market" (a bank of shelves and cold case) for food and snacks. Looked like a nice selection.

Only one (of two) elevators working. Rear door was opening as I entered for a staff member. Caught me off-guard at first, didn't know if he was going to exit or not. Only three floors with LONG hallways! Was a hike to my room but I was only halfway down the hall.

The room was typical Four Points, with a large TV and work desk. Night stands had power-strips for charging devices bedside. Only two outlets at the desk (one high and one below). I didn't need either so I was fine. WiFi was strong and worked fine. No password needed. The bed was very comfortable. I did not hear anything from other rooms, but they didn't look very busy (maybe a dozen cars in the lot overnight).

I did not use the restaurant or room service on-site (across the parking lot), but opted to drive past the freeways (two merge there, 101 & 85). Many choices once you get on Bernal and near the shopping malls. Nothing within walking distance in my view.

The next day I got a second eMail folio showing a zero balance. Not sure why they sent the first. Scared me when I saw the second but all was well.

Overall, I was pleased and satisfied. If I have a reason to be in the area again, I would consider staying.

LovetoTravel83 Apr 13, 2013 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by RogerD408 (Post 20586568)
The next day I got a second eMail folio showing a zero balance. Not sure why they sent the first. Scared me when I saw the second but all was well.

Hotels usually do that, they send the 1st for you to review then the next with a zero balance. Happenes to me all the time.

RogerD408 Apr 14, 2013 8:42 am

Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83 (Post 20588396)
Hotels usually do that, they send the 1st for you to review then the next with a zero balance. Happenes to me all the time.

This is the first time I ever got an eMail for review. Usually it has been under the door with only the final going out as an eMail. Not really a big deal, just thought it was odd. The second eMail did cause some concern thinking there was a change to the first (i.e. room charge or the such).

abraxis Sep 6, 2014 10:53 pm

Am here now.

Got plat recognition and upgraded to a suite. The suites apparently are at the very end of the long long hallway from the lift. Beds are great as are TVs. The major channels are true HD! Old hotel reflagged; the bathrooms show their age.

Did the 250 point green promotion. Got the card the next day.

alamedaguy Feb 15, 2015 11:21 pm

Had a one night stay last night (Saturday). The hotel seemed pretty full but I got a platinum upgrade to a suite. The front desk staff were very welcoming. The room was perfectly fine. The platinum breakfast was continental only, and just for two, so we would have had to buy breakfast for the two kids or eat in front of them. My wife reported that the restaurant bathroom was filthy, with a beer bottle on the counter and overflowing trashcans from the prior night. It's nice to have a category 2 option, but I won't be rushing back.

James Luckard Feb 9, 2016 7:33 pm

Leaving Starwood on February 29, 2016

Source: http://www.starwoodhotels.com/fourpo...ropertyID=3763

lcpteck Jul 9, 2016 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by James Luckard (Post 26160247)

Source: http://www.starwoodhotels.com/fourpo...ropertyID=3763

Looks like they're no longer leaving.