SPG credit card churn

Subscribe
Hi guys

Is it ok to churn the SPG cards?

I got one for myself and OH early last year and cancelled last Spring having secured the bonuses.

It's now been over 6 months and I was planning to reapply but on the form it says not eligible if you hold another BA avios accruing card (I have the BA premium plus card as well.

Any experience of this?

Cheers

JC
Applied for and got an SPG Amex card late last year and already hold a BA amex card and a gold rewards amex card. Got my bonus 20k SPG points after hitting the 1k spend right at the end of 2012, and have now transferred them from my SPG account to BAEC along with the nice bonus.

So I would say having a BA card shouldn't prevent you from getting the bonus from the SPG card.
Cheers - much appreciated. Last year was my apply and gain points year. This year is my first churn!
I haven't quite got to the stage of churning yet. Only really started collecting avios at the start of 2012. I will drop the BA card soon and then re-apply again late this year when there is a good bonus on.

I am finding all this worryingly addictive, although when I use the avios for reward seats or doing an MFU I am reminded why it is all worth it.
I know the feeling... I got my first MFU last year.. though this year I have two trips in First to Toyko and then Las Vegas all using miles and both using 241's.

Lovin' it!
If I'm not mistaken, the wording on the small print has changed recently, possibly in Q4 of last year. So, according to that you wouldn't be eligible for bonuses because you have the BA Amex. Or am I misinterpreting it?

Quote:
I will not be eligible for any Welcome Bonus award if I currently hold or have held any Avios enrolled American Express Card in the past six months
Where did you find that? I had a quick look now and couldn't find it on the SPG card page. I understand that would apply if you had a BA card and then applied for another within 6 months of getting rid of the first. I don't understand why it would apply to an SPG card as you don't earn Avios on that - you earn SPG points. SPG then allow you to transfer your SPG points to your Avios or BAEC but that transfer is nothing to do with Amex.
Yes, I'm not sure but It's here if you click on the blue Apply Now button:

https://www.americanexpress.com/uk/c...t-credit-card/
Thanks, found it now.

I think this 6 months bit changed in August 2012 as Amex actually defined this time limit in the terms - which is helpful if you are churning. I applied for my SPG card in November so probably under this wording, but still got my SPG points. Perhaps it is in there by accident?
Gentlemen,

While I understand the intended end recipient of the SPG points may be an Executive Club account, this question is more relevant to the SPG credit card rules. So with this in mind, I am moving this thread over to the Starwood forum.

Thanks for your understanding.

Prospero
Moderator: BAEC forum