Le Royal Méridien Abu Dhabi

Old Dec 22, 2012, 4:57 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: ゴールデングローブ

I did not find information about the Le Royal Méridien Abu Dhabi. Have some of you guys stayed there?

I booked for my Abu Dhabi journey the aLoft and the Hyatt Capital Gate (next to each other). What next? The Le Royal Méridien Abu Dhabi is in the same price range as the Le Méridien Abu Dhabi. Would you guys go for the LM or for the Royal LM? I am an SPG Platinum member and I like suite upgrades, swimming pools and lounges.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 12:14 pm

Programs: EK Gold, SK*G, IHG Diamond Amb

Swimming pool and beach is nice at LM, but hotel is old and lounge small. Royal LM is more up to date, but pool just ok. Not sure about the lounge there.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 12:32 am

Programs: EK Gold EY Gold Sirius Gold SPG Plat / LT Gold
I stay at both LM and LRM fairly regularly. Plat recognition in both is generally good.

If the price is similar, then LRM is IMO an easy choice. Some floors have been recently renovated so ask for one of these. As plat a renovated suite would be the first choice. If not available I would take a renovated standard room over an old suite but that is just personal preference.

Lounge wise, LM has a dedicated lounge. Happy hour from 7-9. Limited food option (2 hot + 2 cold item IIRC). LRM uses part of the main hotel lobby, but has a better selection of both hot and cold and some dessert items.

Both in a similar location - I marginally prefer LRM as access to the corniche is easier (great for a morning run/stroll), however no direct beach access. If beach is important then consider LM.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

See:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...bi-hotels.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...-emirates.html

RM hands down. Renovated rooms/suites have W style decor.^ LM desperately need a renovation and feels like Waikiki in the 80s.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 11:40 am

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
I would definitely do the Royal Meridien.

I stayed at the Sheraton Abu Dhabi in October and was greatly disappointed.

Sheraton there was vasty dis-organized, staff in-attentive and the rooms were not up to par in my humble opinion.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 12:26 pm

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Originally Posted by dxbtraveller
I stay at both LM and LRM fairly regularly. Plat recognition in both is generally good.

If the price is similar, then LRM is IMO an easy choice. Some floors have been recently renovated so ask for one of these. As plat a renovated suite would be the first choice. If not available I would take a renovated standard room over an old suite but that is just personal preference.

Lounge wise, LM has a dedicated lounge. Happy hour from 7-9. Limited food option (2 hot + 2 cold item IIRC). LRM uses part of the main hotel lobby, but has a better selection of both hot and cold and some dessert items.

Both in a similar location - I marginally prefer LRM as access to the corniche is easier (great for a morning run/stroll), however no direct beach access. If beach is important then consider LM.
I enjoyed the LM happy hours - great service too
Old Jan 6, 2013, 9:41 am

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ

Are these hotels sometimes in Starpicks?
Whats the 'normal' cheapest rate?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.