Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott Mauritius Resort (formerly St. Regis) Mauritius [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JW Marriott Mauritius Resort (formerly St. Regis) Mauritius [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2013, 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by umamy
These are great, thanks for posting!

What kind of outlets are there in the rooms? I saw a universal-looking one in the picture of the media console, and one that looked like a UK outlet in the safe, although it was hard to tell from the angle. I'd read that Mauritius uses the non-UK European outlets, so I'm curious about this.
@umamy: we are currently staying in what I think is a standard suite. The outlets in our room are UK-style at the desk and european style by the bed. No american outlet in sight as far as I can tell. Media console might accept both UK and european
Oh... and there is a power outlet in the safe (UK style)

Olivier

Last edited by olivierATW; Feb 22, 2013 at 7:59 pm
Old Mar 12, 2013, 6:27 am

hi! Is the plat bkfst benefit full hot breakfast?
Old Mar 12, 2013, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by ucce
hi! Is the plat bkfst benefit full hot breakfast?
Yes, it is. For the full family.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 1:43 am

Originally Posted by CalFlyer
Yes, it is. For the full family.
Thanks!
Old Apr 22, 2013, 8:11 am

Programs: SPG Plat, etc.
Conde Nast Traveler 2013 "Hot List"

St. Regis Mauritius included on the new Conde Nast Traveler "Hot List" of Best New Hotels in the World (May 2013 Issue). Sounds great!
Old Jul 15, 2013, 1:37 pm

Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador
Any recent stays? Curious what it's like in the off season.

Last edited by dparkinson; Jul 15, 2013 at 1:45 pm
Old Jul 15, 2013, 4:14 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by dparkinson
Any recent stays? Curious what it's like in the off season.
I spent three nights here on points at the beginning of June. I honestly cannot say enough great things about the staff and facilities. We were upgraded to the Manor House Suite and greeted with a bottle of champagne upon arrival (it was our 5th anniversary, which likely helped). The free breakfast for Platinums was the full buffet (including champagne!) and had WAY too many selections to try it all in one sitting. It also included an a la carte menu with eggs cooked to order, breakfast meats, and potatoes/veggies.

We were invited to a champagne sabrage (sp?) event, which I think was on Friday. Free champagne, and I got to pop off the cork with a sword (which I did on the first try, thank you very much ). We also tried three of the restaurants: a special lobster dinner at the Boat House plus the sushi place (can't remember it's name) and the Thai Floating Garden. All of them were fabulous.

We also found Le Morne to be a great location on the island. Relatively close to the airport plus Casela (yes, we are the consummate tourists), and the kite-surfing capitol of the world was right down the street, which I HIGHLY recommend. The resort also has some complimentary activities like beach yoga and a glass-bottom boat ride. We also enjoyed the fitness center one morning, which was loaded with a great variety of equipment & machines.

All in all, a terrific stay in a wonderfully exotic location!
Old Jul 19, 2013, 1:13 pm

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Any suggestions on the best way to get there from the US?
Thanks
Old Jul 19, 2013, 1:50 pm

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by pkerr
Any suggestions on the best way to get there from the US?
Thanks
Best way is by Paris or London. Are you looking to use miles or pay?
Old Aug 21, 2013, 12:01 am

Programs: SPG Plat, etc.
Very Special Place...

Originally Posted by Deemus7
I spent three nights here on points at the beginning of June. I honestly cannot say enough great things about the staff and facilities. We were upgraded to the Manor House Suite and greeted with a bottle of champagne upon arrival (it was our 5th anniversary, which likely helped). The free breakfast for Platinums was the full buffet (including champagne!) and had WAY too many selections to try it all in one sitting. It also included an a la carte menu with eggs cooked to order, breakfast meats, and potatoes/veggies.

We were invited to a champagne sabrage (sp?) event, which I think was on Friday. Free champagne, and I got to pop off the cork with a sword (which I did on the first try, thank you very much ). We also tried three of the restaurants: a special lobster dinner at the Boat House plus the sushi place (can't remember it's name) and the Thai Floating Garden. All of them were fabulous.

We also found Le Morne to be a great location on the island. Relatively close to the airport plus Casela (yes, we are the consummate tourists), and the kite-surfing capitol of the world was right down the street, which I HIGHLY recommend. The resort also has some complimentary activities like beach yoga and a glass-bottom boat ride. We also enjoyed the fitness center one morning, which was loaded with a great variety of equipment & machines.

All in all, a terrific stay in a wonderfully exotic location!
Would have to agree. Just stayed at the St. Regis Mauritius for 5 nights and everything about the place is fantastic. Stayed in a Jr. Suite overlooking the beach. Fantastic room. Service was over the top. Setting, sunsets, water sports, beach, pool... just amazing. We had fantastic weather every day. Very Highly Recommended
Old Aug 21, 2013, 7:06 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat
1000% agreed with the positive posts. Stayed here for 5 nights (used my 35% off platinum gift so it was 52K points all in!) in early July and were one of about 30 occupied rooms on the whole property. I never thought I would think it, but it was almost too few ppl on property. Almost.

No, in actuality, it was bliss. I'm usually a pretty restless traveler and even in a tropical location like this (think kauai, st john, vieques, etc), i'm exploring the locale and making sure I get off property a decent amount of the trip. Here? I don't think i've ever been so content to stay on property. Our room (we were upgraded to a st regis suite after our jr suite had an electrical issue) was quite literally steps from the beach and there wasn't another guest within earshot. you walk outside from your room and an absolutely incredible beach is steps away. Lounge chairs and umbrellas right outside. As others have noted, the platinum breakfast, activities, gifts, etc are among the best amenities I've ever had at a SPG property.

2 quick tips: 1) We brought a few bottles of wine from our stopover in Paris and it was great to have in the fridge for our stay. The wines avail on property were not great (and expensive). There's not a lot of store options near the property. 2) The "chef's tasting menu", which they suggest throughout the trip, is a bit over-the-top (they make a huge a private room into a flower-laden "romantic" space....not really our scene) and, while the food was prob the best we had on the trip, be aware of what you're getting into.

Anyhow, this is an exceptional property. I would get in before it goes up to a cat 7. July was their "off season" but the only thing that seemed off season was that the sun set at 530 pm each day. Other than that, the weather was perfect ( for us)...75+ and sunny each day.

I have a bunch of pics of the property/rooms I'll try and post a bit later.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
Best way is by Paris or London. Are you looking to use miles or pay?
Points...
UA or AA or Delta

Ton of Chase UR points and SPG

Thanks
Old Aug 21, 2013, 10:44 am

Programs: A few
Air France or the AF/Air Mauritius codeshare via Paris would make most sense to burn those Delta miles. That's how we did it last time
Old Sep 6, 2013, 5:46 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat
As promised, some pics of the property from our July stay. Can't say enough good things about this property. If you like beaches, water activities, great weather, and an amazing new SPG resort practically to yourself, then this place is for you - especially off season...when the weather seemed a little more temperate than their summer (Dec>Feb), when it's more full of Europeans anyhow

Suite Bedroom

Suite Bed

Suite Living Room

Suite Porch

Porch/Beach view:

View up the beach towards Le Morne and water activities area

Outdoor lounge/restaurant

Pool area (we saw 3 ppl swimming in the pool the entire trip)

Obligatory Sunset shot

Double Rainbow, all the way

Old Sep 6, 2013, 6:38 am

Nice!!
Looks like I've finally decided where to use my points!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.