Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa - Dubai [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 25, 2021, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa - Dubai [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2013, 5:13 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
The grounds are lovely at Le Royal Meridien, I am always impressed whenever I visit Al Khaima restaurant located in the garden. I was staying at this hotel once and found it very good but I am not sure if it is worth 40-50% extra compared to Grosvenor, based on the dates I am going to Dubai. Especially that as mentioned by others, you can use LRM facilities and charge everything to room staying at Grosvenor. I haven't stayed at Grosvenor yet, so I think I will give it a chance now.
Old Apr 13, 2013, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
HAs anyone stayed here since it started participating?

I am wondering what the upgrade policy is? I have always fancied the Royal Club at this property but as I understand it Meridien is the only Starwood brand that does not absolutely guarantee a club room/club access as a Plat.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 11:13 am

Programs: EK Gold EY Gold Sirius Gold SPG Plat / LT Gold
Any trip reports post- Jan 13?
Old Jan 9, 2014, 2:14 am

Did anybody stay there recently. How about Platinum treatment?
Old Jan 9, 2014, 9:14 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Wrong info, sorry! I stayed here in October.

Very solid plat treatment. Points, upgrades, cocktails. Since I believe beginning of December a newly renovated lounge has opened. Excellent value.

Last edited by remymartin; Jan 18, 2014 at 3:59 am Reason: mixed up properties
Old Jan 17, 2014, 12:04 pm

Programs: Eurobonus (*G)
Originally Posted by remymartin
I stayed here in October.

Very solid plat treatment. Points, upgrades, cocktails. Since I believe beginning of December a newly renovated lounge has opened. Excellent value.
Did you receive suite upgrade, or "just" to another room category?
Old Jan 18, 2014, 3:56 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by Chriscross
Did you receive suite upgrade, or "just" to another room category?
Sorry ChrisCross, this is the second time I've confused LRM Abu Dhabi with LRM Dubai. I have NOT stayed at this property!
Old May 22, 2014, 12:04 pm

Programs: HH Diam, IHG Pl, Sirius G,Bonvoy LTG,Melia Pl,Shangri-La Diam,UA*G,Emirates G,Virgin Atl. G,Hertz PC
Thumbs up Much better than I expected

Originally Posted by HansHaeberle
Did anybody stay there recently. How about Platinum treatment?
I spent 3 nights at Le Royal Meridien with my wife as part of a discovery trip of Dubai. I booked a deluxe sea view room. Upon check-in, as a SPG platinum member, I was upgraded to a sea view suite with balcony and club lounge access! The whole staff was exceptionnally kind and responsive. The suite was huge as well as the club lounge. I've never seen such a variety of food offerings for breakfast and evening hors-d'oevres. I was amazed that they offered complimentary wine and the Australian Chardonnay was just great. The whole property is very large and well maintained, with 3 pools and a private beach. Although it was hot last week, we received 6 (!) half litres of water each day in the room! It was a memorable stay...
Old May 22, 2014, 3:06 pm

Room (and restaurant) wise I would rank the RM ways below the GH, what they have as an enormous asset are the pools and the beach...
Old May 25, 2014, 2:19 am

Programs: LH HON, AMEX Plat, Avis Pres, Sixt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton G, Priority G, Hyatt Plat,Kempinski PC
Which you can easily access by either walking there (< 5min) or taking the shuttle bus from GH. So no need to stay at the LM. :-)

Last edited by kasi; May 27, 2014 at 1:26 pm
Old May 27, 2014, 8:04 am

Programs: AA Platinum, UA Exec Premier, SPG Platinum, AmEx Platinum
Just checked in here this morn on my way back to the US from 5 weeks on South Africa. I used my Plat gift of 35% off award stay for 5 nights so it only cost me 72,000 points. I feel its a great value. I was upgraded from the required standard room award stay room cat to a gorgeous and huge suite with great views. It's not in the Tower, which I think is their premier suites. Their club is amazing with the biggest breakfast array I've ever seen in a club—it's more like a lobby restaurant buffet!

Their pre-dinner drinks and canapés are a great spread and service, too. Really it feels like a restaurant rather than a hotel club lounge. Service and ambiance is great.

The service is definitely attentive—in fact a bit smothering. I had my DND on as I was sleeping mid day after a long haul red eye and the butler called me to see if I needed anything and then he came and knocked on my door when I had just gotten out of the shower and questioned that I really didn't want to be disturbed!!!! That's a new one for me! LOL

Last edited by BulaRae; May 27, 2014 at 8:18 am
Old Jul 26, 2014, 7:29 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
How does the limo transfer (when included with the room) work exactly?
Old Jul 27, 2014, 1:09 am

Programs: AA Platinum, UA Exec Premier, SPG Platinum, AmEx Platinum
Originally Posted by 100% Green
Not sure as I used Emirates but when I stayed at the Sheraton Dubai Creek and used their transport it was easy. You just tell them when you are coming and going and they meet you. Really doesn't get any easier! And the advantage of using the hotel service is you can specify the time as it doesn't need to be quite as early as Emirates insists.

Your reservation should give instructions on how to make the arrangments.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 3:08 pm

Programs: Eurobonus (*G)
Originally Posted by 100% Green
In February they contacted me by e-mail a few days ahead. They only provide transfer from the airport, not from other Starwood hotels.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 3:11 am

bump!

Any recent experiences? made a booking here for this weekend and just got my SNA cleared.

Any restaurants that are worth trying out?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.