Wiki Posts
Search

W Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2014, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by ws8n
Besides the St Regis Bkk, it's been a while since I stayed at the rest of spg properties. Is PA still good? I remember the club lounge was impressive.
There are threads on here for each SPG property in Thailand, with lots of detailed reports and reviews of each. If you look around a bit, I think that you'll find all of the information you seek.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 5:40 am

World mastercard offers

saw this on the World Mastercard offer page, looks like a good promo for Non-Plat/Non-Member. I sent an inquiry of rates but have yet to receive any reply...

W BANGKO, THAILAND
Immerse yourself in vogue design and Thai culture
On North Sathorn Road, in the city’s prestigious Embassy Row and pulsating commercial district, is the W Bangkok, a stylish icon of Asian chic. Play, relax, indulge and revel amid jet-setters, fashionistas and up-and-coming artists in an innovative spectrum of exotic designs and mystical elements, where fashion meets culture.

Unwind in 403 spacious guest rooms and suites amid inspiring designs, motifs, fabrics and custom furnishings. Relax and recharge with every comfort and amenity you’ve ever dreamed of, including a 24-hour concierge, Away® Spa, FIT gym, WIRED® Business Center, Whatever/Whenever® service and more.

Savor everything from laid-back indulgences in the W Lounge to inspired bites at The Kitchen Table to singular sips at WOOBAR®. We fuse colorful cuisine with dynamic settings for an avant-garde experience.

World Amenities
Complimentary Breakfast for Two Daily
Upgrade at time of arrival, subject to availability
Early check-in, subject to availability
Late check-out, subject to availability
Special World Amenity includes: A $100 (USD) spa credit per stay

http://worldcard.mastercard.com/cont...-thailand.html

Available until: 31/12/2014
Old Aug 13, 2014, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Meh. Yes, it has everything mentioned; though it may not all be available or working properly. There numerous complaints about the Whatever, Whenever line not following through, for example, and at Ws reaching far beyond Bangkok.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 12:37 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt DIA
Originally Posted by kodansha999
saw this on the World Mastercard offer page, looks like a good promo for Non-Plat/Non-Member. I sent an inquiry of rates but have yet to receive any reply...

W BANGKO, THAILAND
Immerse yourself in vogue design and Thai culture
On North Sathorn Road, in the city’s prestigious Embassy Row and pulsating commercial district, is the W Bangkok, a stylish icon of Asian chic. Play, relax, indulge and revel amid jet-setters, fashionistas and up-and-coming artists in an innovative spectrum of exotic designs and mystical elements, where fashion meets culture.

Unwind in 403 spacious guest rooms and suites amid inspiring designs, motifs, fabrics and custom furnishings. Relax and recharge with every comfort and amenity you’ve ever dreamed of, including a 24-hour concierge, Away® Spa, FIT gym, WIRED® Business Center, Whatever/Whenever® service and more.

Savor everything from laid-back indulgences in the W Lounge to inspired bites at The Kitchen Table to singular sips at WOOBAR®. We fuse colorful cuisine with dynamic settings for an avant-garde experience.

World Amenities
Complimentary Breakfast for Two Daily
Upgrade at time of arrival, subject to availability
Early check-in, subject to availability
Late check-out, subject to availability
Special World Amenity includes: A $100 (USD) spa credit per stay

http://worldcard.mastercard.com/cont...-thailand.html

Available until: 31/12/2014
I booked a stay last year at the W in HK using their service. They can book a few different rates. You have to book via email or by phone. Either way, it is a cumbersome back and forth process. The W in HK had a $50 spa credit at the time. When I checked in, they had no idea about the benefits. I had to specifically tell the FD what the included benefits should be. Not sure if this was FD indifference or not.
It is likely worth investigating, especially if you have use for the spa credit.
Safe Travels!
Old Aug 13, 2014, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by punkmonkey
I booked a stay last year at the W in HK using their service. They can book a few different rates. You have to book via email or by phone. Either way, it is a cumbersome back and forth process. The W in HK had a $50 spa credit at the time. When I checked in, they had no idea about the benefits. I had to specifically tell the FD what the included benefits should be. Not sure if this was FD indifference or not.
It is likely worth investigating, especially if you have use for the spa credit.
Safe Travels!

Thanks!

were you still able to earn starpoints with it?
Old Aug 13, 2014, 6:46 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt DIA
W Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Yes, no issues with stay or points posting properly
Old Aug 13, 2014, 7:58 pm

Currently in house. First time stay.

A day before arrival I noticed my room had been upgraded to a Studio Suite. I was excited but when I saw the room, I realized I shouldn't have been. It's basically a slightly larger room with an uncomfortable L-shaped sofa. Biggest plus is the 120ml size Bliss toiletries. Worst problem is the BTS and traffic noise, even from high floors.

Check-in experience was fine, breakfast was also fine (although I wish they would serve coconut juice).
Old Aug 13, 2014, 11:12 pm

Programs: SPG,HH,IHG
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
Currently in house. First time stay.

A day before arrival I noticed my room had been upgraded to a Studio Suite. I was excited but when I saw the room, I realized I shouldn't have been. It's basically a slightly larger room with an uncomfortable L-shaped sofa. Biggest plus is the 120ml size Bliss toiletries. Worst problem is the BTS and traffic noise, even from high floors.

Check-in experience was fine, breakfast was also fine (although I wish they would serve coconut juice).
Another place that you can get breakfast with coconut juice (in thailand)
is naka island phuket
Old Aug 19, 2014, 3:35 am

Programs: MPC -> QFF
Just stayed two nights at this hotel. I did not experience any service related issues, all staff were very friendly and helpful. Booked a Studio Suite and received one on the 29th floor.

Goods:
- very short walk to the BTS station, which is crucial during traffic hours
- gigantic bathroom and shower were amazing

Bads:
- someone mentioned the issue with controlling the lights and this was very apparent. after playing with the control pad for 20 mins, I conclude that the lights are pretty much all on or all off. nothing much in between.
- A/C was too cold most of the time. even when setting room temp to 25C.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 12:48 am

Originally Posted by punkmonkey
Yes, no issues with stay or points posting properly
Sadly the rates that comes with the benefits are strictly flexible rates only. Meaning I'll end up paying for the perks as compared to the promotion rates on SPG.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 6:44 am

Programs: IHG Rewards Club - Platinum
I stayed in W Bangkok last week and also stayed in a Studio Suite. Wrote about my experience here:

http://iwandered.net/2014/11/16/w-hotel-bangkok-review/

Old Nov 21, 2014, 3:12 am
Formerly known as aep

Programs: Nothing special in many programs
Originally Posted by vogriphach
I stayed in W Bangkok last week and also stayed in a Studio Suite. Wrote about my experience here:

^ very nice review... booked there for next month based on your review
Old Nov 21, 2014, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vogriphach

Just read your review. I agree with you to a certain extent. Your review emphasizes the hard product, e.g., "It may be because I’ve never stayed in place that’s so fashionable before." But when i stayed there, the soft product wasn't up to the standards of the hard product.

"You won’t find butlers here, though a Whatever/Whenever concept allows guests to request for anything under the sun." That's true. In fact, the way you wrote it completely coincides with my experience. It allows guests to requests, but having that request fulfilled was a completely different story.

Other reports on this thread indicate that my own experience wasn't an outlier. There may have been some staffing issues related to this, as well. A friend who was a Concierge here at the opening left for what some might argue is a more prestigious Starwood property after a relatively brief tenure.

OTOH it's entirely possible that there have been real improvements in the soft product.

Regardless, if it works for you, that's really all that matters!!
Old Nov 21, 2014, 10:59 pm

Programs: IHG Rewards Club - Platinum
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Just read your review. I agree with you to a certain extent. Your review emphasizes the hard product, e.g., "It may be because I’ve never stayed in place that’s so fashionable before." But when i stayed there, the soft product wasn't up to the standards of the hard product.

"You won’t find butlers here, though a Whatever/Whenever concept allows guests to request for anything under the sun." That's true. In fact, the way you wrote it completely coincides with my experience. It allows guests to requests, but having that request fulfilled was a completely different story.

Other reports on this thread indicate that my own experience wasn't an outlier. There may have been some staffing issues related to this, as well. A friend who was a Concierge here at the opening left for what some might argue is a more prestigious Starwood property after a relatively brief tenure.

OTOH it's entirely possible that there have been real improvements in the soft product.

Regardless, if it works for you, that's really all that matters!!
I did read the previous feedback about this hotel. I guess the difference for me is that I'm not staying as an SPG Platinum member so I did not come expecting for upgrades or extra perks. During my 2 nights stay, the only "requests" I made were a) a breakfast box to be given to me at 5:30AM when I check out, b) extra pillows, c) usage of their business center for printing documents and d) directions to various places in Bangkok via the concierge.

These were handled well so no qualms at all during my stay.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 10:12 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I stayed here a year ago and wrote a pretty negative review. I stayed here again last week and think that I may have been a bit harsh.

I got upgraded to a Spectacular Room which from memory was exactly the same as the "Studio Suite" I was put in last time. It's quite a nice room for a Spectacular - but I can imagine why I was disappointed by it being a Studio Suite.

No problems this time around, and I still quite like their interpretation of the cheesy W style. Not a bad stay overall.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.