Wiki Posts
Search

Credit for Stays

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2013, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold
Credit for Stays

Sorry if this has been asked/answered before, I tried searching but couldn't find anything. So it's clear that to get to plat, you need 25 stays, or 50 nights. If I'm staying two nights at the same hotel (and have two different confirmation numbers for one night each), do they get merged and become two nights or one stay?

And what about if I stay at one property on say Friday night, and another on Saturday night. Does that give me 2 'stays'? Sorry if it's a dumb question.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 12:37 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Hyatt Globalist
This is very much a YMMV but had a recent stay Thursday and Friday night. Ended up receiving two night credits and two stay credits. 1st night was booked through corporate travel and second night I booked via Amex FHR (so different confirmation numbers). Not sure that had anything to do with it but that's what occurred for me.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 1:22 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mwood86
Sorry if this has been asked/answered before, I tried searching but couldn't find anything. So it's clear that to get to plat, you need 25 stays, or 50 nights. If I'm staying two nights at the same hotel (and have two different confirmation numbers for one night each), do they get merged and become two nights or one stay?

And what about if I stay at one property on say Friday night, and another on Saturday night. Does that give me 2 'stays'? Sorry if it's a dumb question.
The answer to your last question is Yes , stay at 2 different Hotels you will get a Stay and Night credit for each.

As to your 1st question most times the Hotels computer or person assigning the rooms will see 2 consectutive nights and combine them into 1 end result you get 1 Stay credit and 2 nights credit, if it gets by them SPGs computer at times will find it and correct it to just 1 Stay credit.Although some folks have gotten lucky and got away with it , its not something I would count on slipping thru. Best to go with 2 different Hotels if Stay credits are what you are after
Old Apr 24, 2013, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold
Great, thanks for the explanation. Perhaps when going to Boston for the weekend, I should stay at one each night...seeing as there's 5 SPG hotels in Boston.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.