Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Mandatory $10 Daily Facilities Charge - Starts 1/1/13 at Le Parker Meridien NYC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mandatory $10 Daily Facilities Charge - Starts 1/1/13 at Le Parker Meridien NYC

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:21 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by craz
how much will you be charging for having the glass in the windows instead of just an empty window frame?
LOL Behave!
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:32 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by KENNECTED
LOL Behave!
I am after all I ended up NOT posting what I originally wrote

Its been yrs since Ive stayed at a *W in HNL, no sense paying for things I wont be using which their Resort Fee covers

Its 1 thing if they play a game and sell say the Gym to another company which is really them and then want to charge everyone for using it.Its another to charge me for its existence even if I dont use it

This reminds me of an old Abott and Costello routine.the boys just walked into their rooming house and tried sneaking past Mr Fields door so he wouldnt hear them.They were caught and Fields wants to know when they will be paying the rent and tells them you owe me say $30 for the last 3 months rent, they say why $30 its $8 a month so its $24.Fields tells them its $2 for the using the washing machine in the basement, which they answer but we never used the washer and Fields answers thats not my problem, it was there for your using.

As this is ending Hillary Costellos so called girlfriend walks down the stairs and passes by all 3 of them, with that Costello turns and asks Fields when does he plan to pay the $40 he owes him for kissing his girlfriend Hillary, Fields says But I never kised your girlfriend and Costello answers as A&C takes off Thats not my fault she was always there to be kissed
Old Dec 10, 2012, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by LPMguestRelations
3rd... we get a bum wrap in general but THIS CHANGE IS SPECIFICALLY INTENDED TO HELP GUESTS PAY LESS. No dark agenda. We're not trying to hide a fee, we are opening our hotel more fully to our guests ( and actively posting the information IN ADVANCE) We're still figuring out the extent of it. Fees also potentially going away: Fridge, microwave, kettle, rollaway, the options are endless. Keeping with the season: Think of us as Santa...
First off, thank you for posting and engaging with us at FT.

I am glad to read the above bolded statement, as any reduction in fees is certainly welcomed. As such, I believe you must be implying that this $10 fee will be optional. If it is not optional, how are you helping me pay less if I do not intend on using these services and facilities?

Can you please confirm that this fee will be optional per your property's stated desire to help its guests pay less?
Old Dec 10, 2012, 12:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K; Hilton: Diamond;Kimpton: ?? ; Omni: Black; Avis: First; Hertz: Five Star
Nothing new here, really. LPM simply does not care enough about Elites to sacrifice pennies of revenue here and there. There are so many examples of this including the chincyness of their meal benefit that this really does not surprise me.

I will stay there when it is my last resort (pun intended)
Old Dec 10, 2012, 12:57 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by nittany987
First off, thank you for posting and engaging with us at FT.

I am glad to read the above bolded statement, as any reduction in fees is certainly welcomed. As such, I believe you must be implying that this $10 fee will be optional. If it is not optional, how are you helping me pay less if I do not intend on using these services and facilities?

Can you please confirm that this fee will be optional per your property's stated desire to help its guests pay less?
Exactly. I too am interested to hear a logical argument on how this mandatory fee will help me pay less.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 1:09 pm

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
... we get a bum wrap in general but THIS CHANGE IS SPECIFICALLY INTENDED TO HELP GUESTS PAY LESS. No dark agenda. We're not trying to hide a fee, we are opening our hotel more fully to our guests ( and actively posting the information IN ADVANCE)
Lisa Tharp
Director of Guest Relations
So you have no problem just including it in the base rate then, right?

Sorry the idea that this is intended to benefit customers is garbage. Unavoidable charges should be included in the rate, full stop.

I hope folks with reservations here over the intended period will file a complaint with an FTC for deceptive practices. As for me, I'll be making sure my friends and colleagues don't spend their money at LPM.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 2:43 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Fees also potentially going away: Fridge, microwave, kettle, rollaway, the options are endless.
I'll believe that when I see it. This hotel charges a kettle fee?

This hotel used to get pretty good reviews but now it seems set to deserve an FTC hit like no other.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA - 1K 1MM; Hyatt - Explorist; Marriott - Lifetime Titanium
. Keeping with the season: Think of us as Santa... what do you want in your (hotel) stocking.
All right Santa, I'd like you to waive the $10 facilities surcharge for SPG Platinums.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 3:40 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, SPG Platinum, HHonors Gold, Global Entry
Originally Posted by GUWonder
I'll believe that when I see it. This hotel charges a kettle fee?

This hotel used to get pretty good reviews but now it seems set to deserve an FTC hit like no other.
Could this be like a kettle for making tea? Don't nearly all hotels have some sort of machine in their rooms now. Did LPM really charge for having a tea kettle in the room...I hope that's not it. That's ridiculous.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 3:42 pm

Programs: SPG Plt, HHonors Gold, UA Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Gold
first, i applaud you for coming on and having the discussion.

i do have the respectfully disagree. I'd honestly like to know the answer - if this is best for the customer, why not raise the rates $10, and include all these amenities? why hide it in the fine print to mask a higher true rate... if its really in the best interest in the customer?
Old Dec 10, 2012, 4:03 pm

Programs: AA EXPlt, SPG Plt, Nat EE
Hello FT!

Questions about the new facility fee? Good, discussion is very helpful. 1st... Change can be scary, but I promise this won't hurt! 2nd... The facility has been announced, so will the PLATINUM benefit changes- give us a chance. If you don't think the good out weighs the fee- we understand you/we may part ways. I don't think it will come to that. 3rd... we get a bum wrap in general but THIS CHANGE IS SPECIFICALLY INTENDED TO HELP GUESTS PAY LESS. No dark agenda. We're not trying to hide a fee, we are opening our hotel more fully to our guests ( and actively posting the information IN ADVANCE) We're still figuring out the extent of it. Fees also potentially going away: Fridge, microwave, kettle, rollaway, the options are endless. Keeping with the season: Think of us as Santa... what do you want in your (hotel) stocking.

More to come.

Have a good one!

Lisa Tharp
Director of Guest Relations
Would you care to explain EXACTLY how this saves me away?

I'm pretty certain Santa doesn't charge me for the gifts I'm already entitled to for free nor does he charge me for things I don't use.

Secondly, why not spend the time it took to turn on your caps locks and yell at us to figure out the program COMPLETELY before announcing it? If the options are endless then how exactly are you going to decide what those options are?

Most of us are business people who don't really enjoy when you try to spin things and talk down to us.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 4:12 pm

Time to leave a review for this hotel, that I've stayed at several times. I never figured out why they have stayed in the Starwood Program. They clearly look down upon their Platinum guests (and possibly everyone else).
Old Dec 10, 2012, 4:38 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Hyatt Glob, AA 1MM. Former UA 1K, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by localtraveler
They clearly look down upon their Platinum guests (and possibly everyone else).
Oh my goodness this is true in my experience. I had a customer service issue and was just appalled at how they treated me. The GM of the property made it clear to me that she didn't care about my business, didn't care that I was a Platinum, didn't care about my opinion of the hotel, and didn't care how many people to whom I related my story -- she wasn't going to be of assistance. I wouldn't stay there for love or money. And it doesn't surprise me one bit that they're leading the charge on a sleazy move like this.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Think of us as Santa... what do you want in your (hotel) stocking.

Dear LeMeridien Santa,

I was going to leave you a glass of milk on the table but my father told me to leave $10 this Christmas. Don't worry Santa I will ask my parents to please please find the money as I really want you to come.

azepine00 Jr.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by Mindray
Could this be like a kettle for making tea? Don't nearly all hotels have some sort of machine in their rooms now. Did LPM really charge for having a tea kettle in the room...I hope that's not it. That's ridiculous.
The LPM doesn't have coffee machines in their rooms. Nor do they have any available by request, fee or no fee.

Cheers,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.