Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

[Has left Marriott to become Best Western] Element Frankfurt Airport [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Has left Marriott to become Best Western] Element Frankfurt Airport [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2014, 1:11 pm

Programs: LH SEN/*G, SPG Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Christian-SN
Hotel will open this Friday (29th August) rates starting at 69€.

Anyone staying there this weekend?
Not this weekend, will switch to the Element from my usual Sheraton FRA Airport the week of Sep 15-18.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by Christian-SN
Hotel will open this Friday (29th August) rates starting at 69€.

Anyone staying there this weekend?
I will arrive early Saturday morning, take a shower and enjoy a breakfast before travelling on - i'll report back...
Old Aug 28, 2014, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by nvoi
I will arrive early Saturday morning, take a shower and enjoy a breakfast before travelling on - i'll report back...
Great let us know what transportation options the hotel offers to and from Airport? Shuttle? Thanks!
Old Aug 28, 2014, 8:43 pm

Programs: Mattiott Lifetime Titanium Elite, LH SEN, IB Emerald, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by imverge
Great let us know what transportation options the hotel offers to and from Airport? Shuttle? Thanks!

According to their website, they do not provide shuttle service - you have to take the public bus.

Looking forward to your feedback (esp the breakfast).
Thinking about changing my reservation in 3 weeks
Old Aug 29, 2014, 5:19 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Hmm... prepaid and discounted corporate rates for the Element and the FRA Sheraton seem to be exactly the same for the week I looked at it (Nov 26-28).
Old Aug 29, 2014, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by Andie007
According to their website, they do not provide shuttle service - you have to take the public bus.
When I contacted the hotel, they mentioned they may possibly add a shuttle bus if the demand is there, but they were going to wait and see within the first couple of months.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 10:05 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
staying here now. first element for me. restaurant not open yet
ordering food onine now.
will report again tomorrow
Old Aug 30, 2014, 10:37 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ *G, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite LFT Titanium , Hyatt Discoverist, ALL Diamond
I had raised the question about how to get to the hotel. The hotel provided the following answer:

Monday - Friday Line 61

04:49 am - 23:18 pm every 15 Minutes,
23:19 pm - 04:48 am every 30 Minutes
Takes 10 minutes form Terminal 1
takes 4 minutes from Terminal 2
Exit Thea-Rasche-Strasse, Gateway Gardens
Cost 1.60 € one way per Person

I had booked the hotel for a one nighter but they seem to be having some challenges with training. First my booking never showed up on my profile, I could not receive any confirmation by email.

I applied one SNA and was given a confirmation number. This number would not yield any booking. I used the platinum chat line and they found 3 identical bookings at a rate of 350 EUR (I had booked at 80). So they are clearly getting used to the system and in need of a bit more training. Since I couldn't get any printout of my booking at 80 EUR, I cancelled all 3 bookings and moved myself to Sheraton FRA Airport. Life is too short.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 6:00 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
NEW : Element Frankfurt Airport [opened Aug 2014]

Sorry but IMHO if this hotel does not provide a shuttle it would be worthless as an FRA alternative! Who wants to worry about taking public transportation to the hotel. I guess I will continue to stay at the Park Inn FRA (in the same area and with a shuttle) when the Sheraton is too expensive. I don't understand the logic of wanting to be an FRA hotel option and then not offering a shuttle....even the HIX FRA which is several exits down the Autobahn towards Mörfelden has a shuttle service.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 6:18 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; GT-I8730 Build/JZO54K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Having checked out yesterday, I still am a bit annoyed by this stay:

Arrival
- taxi drivers didn't know the hotel, I had to walk from condor HQ as this was the location as per their own website
- checkin took about 7 minutes with plenty of incorrect info, e.g when enquiring about a shuttle, I was told there is one; turned out they meant the public transport which then turned out the next morning not to depart on weekends
- I requested a quiet rion and was promised i wouldn't hear anything; my room was in between two runways with planes starting to bother from 6am sharp

Room
- room given was an upgrade, quite nice regarding layout
- extremely dusty
- bed linens seem not to have been washed initially as they were really itchy
- the power sockets are not universal and the hotel didn't have any adaptors
- ac is rather noisy for a new build

Have to check in, later more...
Old Aug 31, 2014, 9:34 am
cln

the opened earlier than scheduled and there is still a lot fine tuning to be done.

The hotel only has a mobile number. There is no landline yet.

The hotel was pretty easy to find if you follow instructions on the website. ( at least when coming from Autobahn )
Next to hotel is Condor HQ and opposite is LGS Skychef. No shop/restaurant around. ( via Bus/taxi to airport )
Check-In was not really quick. Did not need to show my credit card "as it is on profile" ( in my regular Sheraton they always demand to see it ).
We were told the restaurant is closed until 8th September. On their website they didn't show that. I was hungry. I should have booked the Sheraton instead. Well...

We were upgraded to a "suite". We liked the room. The sofa is not very comfy but the working/desk area is very useful. There a power outlets wherever you need them. The room smelled "new" but not that bad. Windows can be opened partially.
We did not have any dust problems. Room was very clean. With closed windows we were not bothered by any plane noise. ( Our room was entrance-sided ). Shower could be stronger. Bed very nice. Doors very difficult to close.

We had problems with the TV's at both rooms. It was very annoying to select the channels via the menu. CH+ and CH- Buttons did not have any effect.

I was still hungry, but also tired so i ended up going to their "shop". They selection is very limited with no prices attached. I just picked some items and went to the fd to pay. The operations manager came over and i mentioned again that i was upset that the restaurant is still closed without notice ( we would have stayed at the Sheraton instead ).He said many things are different from schedule now. Then the operations manager needed about 10 minutes to calculate the total amount for my 4 items. He asked if i wanted to charge it the to the room and told me the "total" amount. I asked if i would have to sign something. "no need to sign".
The "kitchen" was stuffed with useful things so we had a "special" in-room dining.

Sleeping experience was good.

this was our first stay at a Element.
I kept my expectations very low, i expected "holiday inn express" niveau.
The hotel and also @ breakfast was very quiet. The staff was VERY nice. They served good tea and good coffee. Better than at HIE. But the rest was on same level, there was toast, muffins, white brea, applejuice/mix juice, joghurt, apples. some cereals, milk, etc.... in less than a minute you have seen to whole "breakfast". The good thing was they offered eggs, "omelet with ham" or "fried eggs" . They also had ham on the buffet which was of superb quality. But again.. i wished myself over to one of the other spg properties in FRA.

On check-out i was asked to give feedback by a very nice staff member and i did so. She said they are already working on some of the issues ( eg the doors ). She apologized for the restaurant to be closed for us, she said she could not understand why were were not able to dine there, she also thought it was open
?

Conclusion : decent rooms. no dining options yet, only microwaveable food.
friendly service, still need improvement. breakfast very limited.
-> I wanted to see i element, i get the idea, i can see it works out for some.
In Frankfurt i will only return when the rate is at least 40% lower than at the other SPG properties.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 10:36 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
NEW : Element Frankfurt Airport [opened Aug 2014]

FYI so no one starves until the restaurant actually opens , the restaurant at the Park Inn in that area is actually pretty good.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 4:18 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
Stayed there tonight.

Plat Upgrade was given into a suite. From the floor plan it seems that there are 2 suites per floor (7 floors available), facing the side of the entrance.

Suite is a nice size and good layout. Ample storage space, good kitchen with dishwasher and fridge. Nice large flatscreens in living room and bedroom. Very clean and with the "new"-smell.

I like the temperature levels offered with the AC from 16 to 25°C. I also found the AC to be not too loud and the air stream not uncomfortable lying in bed or sitting on the sofa even when on "high". When your windows are opened the aircraft noise is a bit loud, but when closed you don't hear much.

The bathroom is nicely designed with a large walk in shower and no bathtub. Shower features a showerhead and a ceiling mounted rainfall function. Waterpressure for the showerhead is just OK but quite good for the rainfall shower.

Bed is comfortable and large. Living room offers a nice large working desk and office chair. Sofa is a bit hard and no addtl. pillows are available to arrange a comfortable rest. A Nespresso machine and a teakettle are available. 3 Nespresso capsules are refilled daily. Very good number and position of plugs for charging your electronic devices across the room (Must be the first hotel where I felt there are enough and good located plugs).

Internet access is free for up to 5 devices and the speed was quite good (might be different when more guests are there using it).

What I'm missing in the room: A chair or Rack to hang your clothes over night in the bedroom. Towel racks in the bathroom to hang your damp towels or a shirt on a hanger. A glass for your toothbrush in the bath. A few pillows for the sofa. More than two coffee cups, two glasses, two plates and two sets of cutlery in the kitchen. A free bottle of water in the room. A working remote control for the tv where it is easy to switch from channel to channel without using the menu every time. And finally a better choice of tv and radio channels (too few international channels, and for german guests the local third tv programs like HR3, BR3, WDR3 should be available).

Checkin area with pantry shop and lobby area are nice. Tapas restaurant (This is the first element I've stayed at where there is a restaurant - is this a recent addition to the concept or just a one off local addition) is a bit unwelcoming in a kind of cantina style. A small breakfast buffet is offered there in the morning and it seems that breakfast is always included in your stay. They have a professional barista style coffee machine. Breakfast choice is a bit minimalistic but high quality and with eggs (any style) made on order. Restaurant seems not to be open in the evenings yet but you have to ask to get information on that. I overheard a guest calling the reception and they told him that there are no options nearby and that he has to "walk to the airport for any kind of restaurant". Wow!
The pantry shop offers water, sodas, juices, different sorts of beer and (0,75l) winebottles, also snacks and some microwave food for your in room kitchen. Pricing is OK, 0,5l Coke is 2,20 EUR, a bag of peanuts 2,50.

What I'm missing in the hotel in general: A bit upgraded breakfast option with at least some fruit, cereals and muesli. Certainly better options for getting to/from the airport. Parking options other than paying 25 EUR/day.

Beeing an airport hotel it is an absolute no go to only offer public bus service against a charge to get to/from the airport. The least would be to have schedules for the bus services available in every room and offering vouchers for airport transfer on these buses. But as soon as bookings pick up there absolutely has to be a free hotel shuttle available. Maybe they should partner up with the neighboring hotels.

Beeing an extended stay hotel there is an absolute need to offer enough affordable parking space. Offering monthly stays for 69,- EUR/day and then asking for 25 EUR parking/day or 105 EUR/week is not attracting customers and for me would be a strong "no go" to stay there when bringing a car.

There is absolutely zero free parking space at or near the hotel. Some cars still parked on the street in no parking zones (not sure how these are enforced - but can a "ticket" be more expensive than the 25 EUR the hotel is charging?). Some guest of the other hotels parked on a spot of grass/dirt which certainly is no official parking lot and looked more like a construction site to be started shortly. When bookings pick up parking will be a big issue around the hotel, I guess it will be pure "wild west".
Old Sep 1, 2014, 9:30 am
cln

seems you had more luck then we We also had no water in the room.

actually i did not see signs that forbid parking in front of the hotel...but I just parked my car opposite (there are signs that only allow you to stop a couple of minutes). The police stopped at my car later but then moved on. I had a good view :P

Also garage maximum height 2,0 m...

Last edited by cln; Sep 1, 2014 at 9:37 am
Old Sep 1, 2014, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by cln
We also had no water in the room.
I believe this is an element standard to reduce waste. Instead they provide a filtered water tap in the kitchen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.