Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which one is the best (DC hotels)?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2016, 4:50 pm
azj

Originally Posted by pageboy
I have never stayed at the LM Arlington, but recently stayed at the Westin Crystal City. It was a perfectly fine stay, with nothing memorable. The proximity to the Metro is very nice and the early morning shuttle to the DCA even better. Further, I find IAD to be somewhat remote and too far away from the city for my taste. I'll gladly pay extra for Reagan. Did you want my opinion?
Thanks! DCA is not an option for me, so I'm stuck with IAD. That's fine, I'll deal with the distance. The bulk of my stay will be in the city anyhow, I'm just trying to figure out where to stay on my own dime for my arrival day.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 10:13 am

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
I'm a fan of the LeM and my wife and I often stay there after a late evening in the city or staycation (we live a good 1.5 hours outside of DC). Hotel is very nice, rooms are large and clean. Ask for a room overlooking the Potomac and Georgetown. Maybe a block or two from the bridge into Georgetown (for restaurants). Lovely walk on a nice day/evening. One block from Rosslyn Metro (Blue/Orange/Silver). Iwo Jima memorial is also walkable for great views into the city.

I've never stayed at Crystal City so can't comment on the hotel. The area is a characterless warren of office and hotel buildings. Not sure of distance to the Crystal City Metro (Yellow/Blue).

One thing you may want to consider is booking at both hotels and waiting until Metro issues their weekend work schedule for your weekend to decide where to stay. Weekend work + Metro Safetrack (current rebuilding program) can result in trains as infrequent as 20-30 minutes apart.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 10:48 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by dcstudent
I've never stayed at Crystal City so can't comment on the hotel. The area is a characterless warren of office and hotel buildings. Not sure of distance to the Crystal City Metro (Yellow/Blue).
The Metro Stop is just across the street from the hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.