Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Malpensa (MXP) Airport, Milan, Italy [Master Thread]

Old Aug 16, 2019, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Malpensa (MXP) Airport, Milan, Italy [Master Thread]

Old Jan 22, 2015, 4:48 am

Originally Posted by milesmuncher
I don't believe katstarr is planning to STAY at the hotel - I read it as paid access for someone passing through the airport.

Thanks for clarifying that. Yes, I meant 15 Euro to use the Fitness Center as a non-staying guest of the hotel. I did that, and here's my report. Thanks.

http://willrunformiles.boardingarea.....agsRBgK2.dpbs
flockavelliFT likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 3:44 pm

Programs: EX˛-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Exclamation swimming pool is closed but spa is open

" Our pool is temporarily closed due to the damages caused by the recent thunderstorms.

We apologize for any inconveniences. "
Old Aug 7, 2015, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Stayed here on our last night in Europe in June. Check-in was a zoo. Not enough people working the front desk given the amount of people checking in.

Were downgraded to an accessible room, which is only available in lowest room category (not what we reserved). Received welcome gift (is this normal for lowliest SPG level?) of biscotti, water, and washcloths, as well as a note from management. Perhaps it was to make up for downgrade?

Room was surprisingly large and comfortable, amenities were Sheraton branded but good enough for one night. Lots of choices in television stations. Incredible soundproofing, given it's an airport hotel. Room seemed new and really, really clean.

Early morning check-out only slightly less chaotic. Just my opinion, but, given the size of the hotel, the front desk may be a bit understaffed. Still, they do their best. Location is perfect for early morning flights out of MXP.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 4:04 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, WOH Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, MSC Dia, Nespresso Club, ZTL Queen in Italy
Best night sleep in Italy

So... after spending a week in Italy, i had the BEST night sleep at this property. Surprisingly even better than at the SR in Rome. But perhaps it was because this stay was at the tail-end of my trip, and I did a lot of traveling around.

Normally I stay clear-away from airport properties, but this was such a great experience I may change my mind with future on-site airport hotels.

Check-in was easy, and check-out was a breeze too. Literally 4 minutes to walk to MXP, if only Delta wasn't SO far away.... and the rest of MXP, ohmygosh -- soooo much walking!

Immediate access to hotel once you exit the Malpensa Express train -- which can also bring you back to town. If you're doing that, I'd def recommend getting the RT tickets - -currently 12EUR one-way or 18EUR RT.

Restaurant on-site was nice too.
Club lounge was stocked all day long.

I will definitely stay here again for future MXP flights.
ryandc99 and flockavelliFT like this.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 6:57 pm

Programs: A3*G, Fairmont Pl, Accor Pl, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by travelista
So... after spending a week in Italy, i had the BEST night sleep at this property.
We also had a great stay at this property our last night of a long business trip in Italy on the road. Lounge was stacked all day long. Had to pay 10 euros to use the Sauna and steam room - but other than that the stay was awesome.

Catching that 7am re-positioning flight for the return flights to North America was a breeze. Will definitely stay there again before early morning flights.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 7:10 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K
Interested to see what difference my "matched" MAR > SPG status makes.

2 night stay for a quick "in/out" business trip just prior to Christmas.

Stayed here many times (never bothered with joining SPG before - I know, I know...)

The Marriott hotels in Milan are generally terrible, or stupidly expensive - Boscolo, I'm looking at you...
Old Nov 29, 2016, 8:15 am

Programs: EX˛-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Originally Posted by Wickersley
Interested to see what difference my "matched" MAR > SPG status makes.

2 night stay for a quick "in/out" business trip just prior to Christmas.

Stayed here many times (never bothered with joining SPG before - I know, I know...)

The Marriott hotels in Milan are generally terrible, or stupidly expensive - Boscolo, I'm looking at you...
It is everytime a question what you need...

As platinum you will get access to the club lounge which is nothing to write home about it anymore and an upgrade. If you need the nearness to the airport take it. If not take another starwood hotel downtown.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 3:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
100% agreement with Forstbetrieb; if you need to be out near Malpensa it's perfect. I have gotten a large suite many times (and a few times a very large one) but it is not convenient at all if you plan to spend the day in the city. I have used it during an event at the fiera (for points) and it's a long hike in and out of the city each day.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 12:49 pm

Does anyone know when they start serving breakfast at this hotel? I have an early morning flight and hence the question.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by puchong
Does anyone know when they start serving breakfast at this hotel? I have an early morning flight and hence the question.
Where? Lounge, restaurant or bar???

lounge 6 - 11
restaurant 6 - 10
​​​​​​

Last edited by Forstbetrieb; Feb 4, 2018 at 2:45 pm
Old Mar 22, 2018, 7:13 pm

Programs: American Airlines British Airways
What is the walking distance from the point where you check out to the departure gates in Terminal 1?
Old Mar 22, 2018, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by Paint Horse
What is the walking distance from the point where you check out to the departure gates in Terminal 1?
(1) You walk about 500 feet or so to the elevator/escalator to the departures level
(2) If you have to check in with a US flight, probably about the same distance to the area where Delta/United and AA are.
(3) then about the same distance (maybe a bit less) to security
(4) then down escalators to the gate level and from there the distance can vary quite a bit depending on which gate you are leaving from.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 9:11 pm

Programs: American Airlines British Airways
Thanks

So, quite a ways for a wife with two replaced knees and a bad back. It sounds like we are talking about at least 1/2 mile.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 11:45 pm

https://www.airportmalpensa.com/terminal-map.php

hope this helps, the sheraton is right over the train station located.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 5:16 am

Originally Posted by Paint Horse
Thanks

So, quite a ways for a wife with two replaced knees and a bad back. It sounds like we are talking about at least 1/2 mile.
If you were say taking a taxi to the airport, (2) (3) and (4) would be virtually the same. The cab would let you off at a door not far from where the elevator/escalator would take you, and the check-in gates for US flights are tucked away in a corner of the airport.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.