Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Malpensa (MXP) Airport, Milan, Italy [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 16, 2019, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Malpensa (MXP) Airport, Milan, Italy [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2014, 7:44 pm

Programs: DL DM, MARRIOTT AMBASSADOR LIFETIME TITANIUM
I love this hotel. Great service, comfortable rooms and the rest. is good for dinner. Amazingly quiet rooms.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 10:58 pm

Programs: EX˛-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Originally Posted by ny747
Stayed at the SMM last night. As a Platinum was initially given an upgrade (base category booked on points) to a Junior Suite but asked if they have a bigger room since we were a family of four.

Was assigned to a Diplomatic suite on the second floor. Pros: large room, 2 bathrooms. Cons: long walk to the room. also strange master bath setup where full bathroom including the tub and the separate shower (toilet is in a separate room) was completely open to the bed area. Ended up hanging up the bathrobes and some towels on the shower door frame to give some privacy.

Hotel is convenient -- less than 2 min walk to main check in area.

Apropos privacy: wouldn't it be easier to put all the others out of the bedroom while taking a shower? The livingroom fits even 8 or more persons...
Old Jul 27, 2014, 10:59 pm

Programs: EX˛-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Originally Posted by puntamita
I love this hotel. Great service, comfortable rooms and the rest. is good for dinner. Amazingly quiet rooms.
I too and the rest is also true.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 11:45 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Had a good stay despite not being upgraded which was fine. It made for an enjoyable evening nevertheless. Was surprised that the spa features besides the swimming pool were not included. Overall a pleasant evening and so grateful for being so close to the airport the next morning when it was time to depart.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 3:25 pm

Exclamation

" Dear guest, only during the month of august, our shine spa will maintain summer hours from 2:00 pm and 10:00 pm

If you would like to use our swimming pool from 8.30 a.m. to 14.00 p.m., please inform our reception for assistance. Only in that case you may bring your room towels and bathrobes."
Old Oct 12, 2014, 11:01 am

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
airport train station to hotel

Assume it is walking distance from train station to hotel?
Old Oct 12, 2014, 12:10 pm

Yes, the station is right under the hotel.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 1:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
Originally Posted by anandrag
Assume it is walking distance from train station to hotel?
About 100 meters or so from the lobby.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 12:32 pm

http://www.mensjournal.com/expert-ad...world-20141028
Old Oct 30, 2014, 2:20 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Copa Pres. Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG LT Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Forstbetrieb
Sheraton MXP is indeed one of my favorite airport hotels, but some of the others on this list are a little strange. Aloft SFO???
Old Dec 19, 2014, 9:21 am

Programs: AS; Aeroplan; Hilton (Diamond); Marriott (Platinum);
How would I find out about a day rate for this property? I will be flying in March, and landing at 7:15 am, then flying out at 19:00. All I can find online is through between9and5.com which I've never used before. Thoughts? FWIW I have no status with Starwood, only Hilton Gold.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 10:14 am

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
Go to the hotel web site: put in your date and click on your desired room and then scroll down to Day rate (I find 79 Euros for a random day in March) with the following terms: Day Use Only Does not include an overnight stay guest must check in and check out on the same day. DAY USE ONLY 8AM to 6PM. NOT FOR OVERNIGHT STAY. PLEASE STATE DAY ROOM IN REMARKS.. Identification Required.

Start here: https://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefe...ropertyID=3138
Old Jan 8, 2015, 11:12 am

I will have a fairly long layover at MXP tomorrow but not worth the time to go to Milan and back for a 7 pm flight. I investigated and learned that I can use the fitness facilities (including the spa facilities, locker, etc) for 15 Euro. If I'm awake enough, I'll check it out (and probably write a blog post about it).
Old Jan 8, 2015, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by katstarr
I will have a fairly long layover at MXP tomorrow but not worth the time to go to Milan and back for a 7 pm flight. I investigated and learned that I can use the fitness facilities (including the spa facilities, locker, etc) for 15 Euro. If I'm awake enough, I'll check it out (and probably write a blog post about it).
???

Pool is free, fitness also...
Old Jan 8, 2015, 2:37 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Copa Pres. Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG LT Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Forstbetrieb
???

Pool is free, fitness also...
I don't believe katstarr is planning to STAY at the hotel - I read it as paid access for someone passing through the airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.