Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Malpensa (MXP) Airport, Milan, Italy [Master Thread]

Old Aug 16, 2019, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Malpensa (MXP) Airport, Milan, Italy [Master Thread]

Old Jul 7, 2013, 12:13 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Wine, Beer and Sparkling wine is free in the lounge, stayed there twice - actually left this morning and currecntly at the airport.

The rooms are nice and I like the modern design. The walking distance to the centrally located elevator could be quite long given the layout of the hotel and the lounge had windows to the hallway so it is a little bit like sitting in an aquarium.

What I really dislike is the way they organize the check in. As I arrived yesterday, there were a line reaching out of the front door. There was no dedicated desk for elites and they gave priority to airline crew at a separate desk. Two lines side by side for thr regular desk instead of one for both desk. One agent suddenly left let this line without someone at the desk. As I already waited for 20 minutes I asked what was now going on and if they at least could serve the members of the SPG FGP ... What they did was moving the sign over and asking everybody not SPG member to move to the other line. As I do not wanted to be the bad guy I retrurned to the line and let the solve the line.

There is clearly room for improvement, especially if they are busy. This is the second time, the first time was a liltte bit better organizsed.

Well, at least I was upgraded to a diplomatic suite as excuse (which I did not want). During check out today I found breakfast on the folio. They are also unable to get the two night stay credit right, if you book for two rooms and are also unaware that this is possible.

Pool and Gy are small given the size of the hotel, but otherweise it is a nice hotel in an ideal location for a flight out of MXP or even a visit to Milan thanks to the train station underneath the hotel.
Old Jul 7, 2013, 2:26 am

Programs: EX˛-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Originally Posted by FLYGVA
They are also unable to get the two night stay credit right, if you book for two rooms and are also unaware that this is possible.
You can be sure, they know it. But because of law the second room is internal under the name of the oldest room guest listed, so they have to fix it every time by hand...
Old Jul 7, 2013, 3:47 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Folks, please do not underestimate that we talk about organisation in Italy, Northern Italy I know, but still Italy...

They used to have the usual Sheraton Gold/Plat check in desk, which used to be on the far end corner of the long check in desk, so barely visible, when you enter the lobby and there are people in line...

Alcohol is free in the Sheraton Club Lounge, probably not in the Crew Lounge, maybe the question got lost in translation.

Billing problems occur frequently, but the back office took care of it in a fast and competent manner.

Very convenient hotel, decently priced most of the time, nice upgrades into a spacious junior suite for Plats ( not much more than space, though ) , so under the bottom line, considering that it is Italy, a good place to stay.

Coming back to the question about Firenze, the Sheraton MXP is light years ahead of the Sheraton in Firenze, which is a disgrace for the brand, but somehow funny and unique, especially if you like 1970´s flashbacks into a bunker like atmosphere.
Old Jul 7, 2013, 9:33 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Originally Posted by Forstbetrieb
You can be sure, they know it. But because of law the second room is internal under the name of the oldest room guest listed, so they have to fix it every time by hand...
In this case, I (below 40) must look much older than the person who had the other room (above 65) ... Just checked the Fattura again ...
Old Jul 7, 2013, 10:00 am

Programs: EX˛-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Originally Posted by FLYGVA
In this case, I (below 40 ) must look much older than the person who had the other room (above 65) ... Just checked the Fattura again ...
Lol

My second room was internal under the name of my girlfriends little sister...
and she is 30 years younger than me and do not even have a spg account...

BTW: Same problem we do have at the sheraton genova...

Last edited by Forstbetrieb; Jul 7, 2013 at 10:06 am
Old Jul 9, 2013, 4:14 pm

Programs: Aadvantage ExPlt, SPG Platinum 100, Alaska 75K
I have a one night stay booked for next week for an early flight the net day. I noticed that if I changed the amount of adults from 1 to 2, the rate went up. I know that other hotels do this, since they go from a twin bed to a king for two people, but in this case the bed stays the same. There will be three of us staying in two rooms, so my question is, will they try to charge the higher rate, and if so why?
Old Jul 10, 2013, 1:04 am
tyn

Originally Posted by lovenola
I have a one night stay booked for next week for an early flight the net day. I noticed that if I changed the amount of adults from 1 to 2, the rate went up. I know that other hotels do this, since they go from a twin bed to a king for two people, but in this case the bed stays the same. There will be three of us staying in two rooms, so my question is, will they try to charge the higher rate, and if so why?
In Italy room rates are usually based on the number of guests in the room, so yes it is very likely that you will be charged the higher rate if there are two people in the room.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 1:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by lovenola
You will be asked to provide an ID card for all guests, so the only chance would be to hide the second guest somehow.

It should be possible, but I fear, it is also not legal.

At an international airport in our times, I would not risk being asked by the authorities why you hide individuals in your room.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by FD1971
You will be asked to provide an ID card for all guests, so the only chance would be to hide the second guest somehow.

It should be possible, but I fear, it is also not legal.

At an international airport in our times, I would not risk being asked by the authorities why you hide individuals in your room.
Don't even think about...
Old Jul 10, 2013, 3:17 pm

Programs: Aadvantage ExPlt, SPG Platinum 100, Alaska 75K
I never suggested that I would try to hide a guest.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 10:59 pm

AFAICS there is no difference if you take a prepaid rate. This rates starts at the moment at roundabout 70 €. May be this can help you a little bit.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 4:00 am

Nice... but

I stayed at the MXP Sheraton last night, and was quite dissappointed. The WiFi was incedibly slow, and the air conditioners just can't keep up with July heat. My requirements are simple... A clean room & bed, WiFi, and a climate control system that works. Maybe this would be a nice place to stay during cooler times of the year, but even with an SPG Platinum upgrade to a Diplomat Suite and champagne accompanied with chocolates did not create a comfortable environment. MANAGEMENT: Focus on the basics!
Old Jul 27, 2013, 4:12 am

Club Lounge

Also... to answer the questions abou free booze... yes, the lounge has free food and drinks in the evening... beer, wine, prosecco. I'm not sure what time they close, though.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by dturner384
I stayed at the MXP Sheraton last night, and was quite dissappointed. The WiFi was incedibly slow, and the air conditioners just can't keep up with July heat. My requirements are simple... A clean room & bed, WiFi, and a climate control system that works. Maybe this would be a nice place to stay during cooler times of the year, but even with an SPG Platinum upgrade to a Diplomat Suite and champagne accompanied with chocolates did not create a comfortable environment. MANAGEMENT: Focus on the basics!
The diplomatic suites are corner suites. Which of them do you get?
Old Jul 27, 2013, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by dturner384
Also... to answer the questions abou free booze... yes, the lounge has free food and drinks in the evening... beer, wine, prosecco. I'm not sure what time they close, though.
Closing time: 23:00

Your room key should open 24 hours...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.