Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2012, 8:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP

I see threads about the Sheraton Brookfield Hotel, but none of them are recent and there is no master thread. I am staying here tonight and am pleased to provide a review thus far:

As a platinum guest, I received:

-suite upgrade (booked standard room C+P , $30+1600 pts)

-500 point platinum amenity

-breakfast at the club lounge (starts at 6:30am)

-evening appetizers at the club lounge (5-8pm, various hot foods, cash bar, free soft drinks/water)

-free internet (seems to be free for everyone, regardless of status)

-4pm late checkout was granted

It was easy to get to this hotel from MKE airport.. 17minutes away with no traffic on two freeways. There is a Brookfield mall within a 2 minute walking distance which is convenient for food (food court) and shopping (sears, jc penny, boston store, etc) I received tremendous value from C+P as this hotel was asking for $169+tax for a monday night! I would definitely stay here again as it is only a 12 minute drive on the freeway to downtown milwaukee.
Old May 7, 2012, 8:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold,
Originally Posted by jammanxc
I see threads about the Sheraton Brookfield Hotel, but none of them are recent and there is no master thread. I am staying here tonight and am pleased to provide a review thus far:

-evening appetizers at the club lounge (5-8pm, various hot foods, cash bar, free soft drinks/water)

It was easy to get to this hotel from MKE airport.. 17minutes away with no traffic on two freeways. There is a Brookfield mall across the street which is convenient for food (food court) and shopping (sears, jc penny, boston store, etc) I received tremendous value from C+P as this hotel was asking for $169+tax for a monday night! I would definitely stay here again as it is only a 12 minute drive on the freeway to downtown milwaukee.
It's a nice place. I stay there frequently. They have killer french fries at the hotel restaurant
Old May 7, 2012, 8:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
Originally Posted by phdtomd
It's a nice place. I stay there frequently. They have killer french fries at the hotel restaurant
they have a happy hour advertised $3 appetizers and cocktail/beer specials.. Sunday-Friday 4:30p-6:30pm
Old May 7, 2012, 8:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
There's also a new aloft which *is* downtown.
Old May 7, 2012, 8:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
There's also a new aloft which *is* downtown.
The aloft has a parking charge - "nearby valet parking (10 - 23 USD per day)" The aloft doesn't seem to have many C+P dates available, but you really do pay for being in downtown.

The Sheraton Brookfield has free parking if you dont mind the 12 minute drive to downtown
Old May 7, 2012, 8:37 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The aloft has a parking charge - "nearby valet parking (10 - 23 USD per day)" The aloft doesn't seem to have many C+P dates available, but you really do pay for being in downtown.

The Sheraton Brookfield has free parking if you dont mind the 12 minute drive to downtown
All true, but don't forget that if you drive downtown, you will probably pay (a lot) for parking.
Old May 8, 2012, 7:56 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, HHonors Gold, AAdvantage nothing, Milage Plus nothing
Alpine Valley

I have stayed at both Brookfield and the aloft "downtown". The aloft is better to get around the city but we will stay at the Sheraton when going to concerts at Alpine Valley. It is like a 20 minute drive and there is little to no traffic going in or out of the venue once you leave the immediate area. Beats a 2 hour drive back to Chicago at midnight. Will be up there again in later June for another concert.
Hotel is nice and reasonably priced. Easy to get in and out of and close to shopping mall if you need to kill some time.
Old May 8, 2012, 11:25 am

Programs: SPG Plat(lifetime gold), Marriott Plat, Amex Plat

i have a couple nights booked this summer, so it's nice to know they treat their platinum's well.

Btw, does anyone know how much it costs to park downtown?
Old May 8, 2012, 6:47 pm

Programs: Don't you know who I am????
Originally Posted by LifeinTravel
i have a couple nights booked this summer, so it's nice to know they treat their platinum's well.

Btw, does anyone know how much it costs to park downtown?
I believe street parking runs 1.50 an hour enforced 8-8 with a two hour max. Ramps/surface run $6 to 21 for overnight. Event evenings say $10 - 15, YMMV of course.

Do be aware that the City of Milwaukee prohibits overnight parking on most city streets. For the most part this isn't well signed and I' pretty regularly see street parked vehicles cited in the downtown area. However, on many non arterials one can obtain a Night Parking Permission merely by entering in the address where the vehicle parked on the parking utilities website before I think 1AM.

Others Im sure can revise and extend.

Cheers.
Old May 8, 2012, 8:55 pm

Programs: SPG Plat(lifetime gold), Marriott Plat, Amex Plat
thecoldhandoftechnology...... thanks for the info. Compared to downtown Chicago, those rates don't sound bad at all.
Old May 8, 2012, 10:21 pm
Original Poster

**update on the Club Lounge Breakfast

-pastries, coffee, milk, juices .....no hot selections.. pretty continental to me which was very disappointing
Old May 9, 2012, 11:39 pm

Programs: Don't you know who I am????
Originally Posted by LifeinTravel
thecoldhandoftechnology...... thanks for the info. Compared to downtown Chicago, those rates don't sound bad at all.
Agreed, just got back from the Park Hyatt Chicago, Valet was $54.
Old May 10, 2012, 8:26 am

Programs: SPG Plat, MR Plat, DM Silver, RR, AA, US, BA
I have family in the Brookfield area. I've stayed at this property a couple of times... its been about 3 years since the last stay.

Has the the property been remodeled? The last time I stayed I was not impressed with the guest rooms.
Old May 10, 2012, 8:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tbaumann3
I have family in the Brookfield area. I've stayed at this property a couple of times... its been about 3 years since the last stay.

Has the the property been remodeled? The last time I stayed I was not impressed with the guest rooms.
lobby - http://twitpic.com/9imjf2

view of my suite - http://twitpic.com/9imjif

bedroom - http://twitpic.com/9imjai

view of club lounge - http://twitpic.com/9imjk2

club lounge cash bar - http://twitpic.com/9imjgk

evening appetizers in club lounge - http://twitpic.com/9imji5

evening appetizers pic 2 - http://twitpic.com/9imjie
Old May 10, 2012, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by tbaumann3

When I've stayed here, the rooms in the building to the left and down from the front desk seemed decent. This is the building with the Club Lounge and the key card access top club floor. However, the suite I had in the "main" building (on a signposted club floor that anyone could access) was in bad condition and needed some maintenance in the window area. I've never stayed in the newer building behind the main building that has the small meeting rooms and hospitality suites on the ground level, but I did notice that it seems fresher than the rest of the hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.