FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: remymartin
http://auction.starwoodhotels.com/
Print Wikipost

SPG Moments [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2017, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by hoteltraum
Any idea why there are no (very, very few) golf events anymore? It is a shame... I absolutely loved them!
Agreed. I got to play with Brad Faxon, Fred Funk, and some amazing tracks like Isleworth!
Old May 5, 2017, 12:05 am

Programs: Etihad Platinum, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, United Silver
Dinner in the Sky of Athens

Anyone on here going to the Dinner in the Sky in Athens at the end of May? It's my first SPG Moments experience, and I couldn't believe how low the packages went considering it's two nights at the Grand Bretagne included!
Old Jun 19, 2017, 6:53 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Anyone going to/been to the BST Summertime Concerts in Hyde Park? We've won some VIP terrace tickets, very excited!
Old Jun 19, 2017, 12:50 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by MusicMan216
Anyone on here going to the Dinner in the Sky in Athens at the end of May? It's my first SPG Moments experience, and I couldn't believe how low the packages went considering it's two nights at the Grand Bretagne included!
I couldn't make the dates but i have booked a dinner in the sky with a 2 night stay at the Grand Bretagne for September all on my own with some friends! )

Looking forward to it.

BTW I again would like some golf experiences back please.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 12:08 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Any thoughts if they will add more MSG suite events soon? Would love to grab a GNR show in October.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 7:53 am

Programs: AOPA
Softball at Wrigley is back.

15k/ 2 players or
Bid for team.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 10:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
https://auction.starwoodhotels.com/redeem/moment/4592

First time I can recall seeing Marriott hotels listed as part of the package on SPG moments. This is a historic day and could bode well for variety in redemptions going forward.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by teddy25
Softball at Wrigley is back.

15k/ 2 players or
Bid for team.
thinking about doing this...anyone here do it, and want to give a brief description/review?
Old Jun 26, 2017, 8:27 am

Programs: HHonors, Delta
MLB waste

25,000 *wood points for $75 seats to White Sox-Yankees game seems a big waste of points. We did the Cubs suite two years back for 12,500! Really gone to the dogs...
Old Jun 28, 2017, 1:14 pm

Programs: AS,UA
Originally Posted by bsdstone
thinking about doing this...anyone here do it, and want to give a brief description/review?
I have done it twice, the first time was amazing because you are in awe of playing inside Wrigley. You are guaranteed like 2 games but they are only like 20 minutes. If you can win the tournament you will get your points. We won it the 2nd year we played in it. You get a under armour type shirt depending on the Hotel brand you are "Team Westin, Team Aloft, etc" It also comes with free water, soda, beer and "Chicago" type food like italian beef and chicago dogs and u also get a tour of the stadium. The entire game is played in the outfield on opposite ends of the foul poles, you can't even get in the infield.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 1:15 pm

Just noticed "Cook alongside Eric Ripert at Cayman Cookout + 4 Nights at The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman" Sold for 25,000, this has to be an error right? It had to be an auction and I bet they screwed it up.

Last edited by lebowski2222; Jun 28, 2017 at 1:22 pm
Old Jun 28, 2017, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lebowski2222
I have done it twice, the first time was amazing because you are in awe of playing inside Wrigley. You are guaranteed like 2 games but they are only like 20 minutes. If you can win the tournament you will get your points. We won it the 2nd year we played in it. You get a under armour type shirt depending on the Hotel brand you are "Team Westin, Team Aloft, etc" It also comes with free water, soda, beer and "Chicago" type food like italian beef and chicago dogs and u also get a tour of the stadium. The entire game is played in the outfield on opposite ends of the foul poles, you can't even get in the infield.
Sounds awesome!

Thanks for the information!
Old Jun 28, 2017, 11:05 pm

Programs: EX˛-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Originally Posted by lebowski2222
Just noticed "Cook alongside Eric Ripert at Cayman Cookout + 4 Nights at The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman" Sold for 25,000, this has to be an error right? It had to be an auction and I bet they screwed it up.
Was this sold out or is it the running auction ( dates 2018 )?!...

For the running auction I saw right now 83500 points.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 12:16 pm

SPG US Open Moments problem (again)

A couple of years ago during the US Open SPG moments ending of many auctions on their website their servers crashed. Caused all sorts of problems with myself and others that could not put a bid in the last 2 hours. They apologized and claimed to have rectifyied the situation.

Now this morning and even late yesterday just in time for the US Open auction to be live they experienced another problem. And once again I suffered the consequences. It seems like on Chrome the formatting was so messed up i could not even see the available listings. Internet Explorer would not even allow it to be viewed. By the time their IT Department resolved the issue mid-morning some of the most desirable listings were long gone.

Cmon SPG/Marriott , you can do better!!!!

#sofrustrated
Old Jul 12, 2017, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by Forstbetrieb
Was this sold out or is it the running auction ( dates 2018 )?!...

For the running auction I saw right now 83500 points.
It was showing sold out

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.