FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: remymartin
http://auction.starwoodhotels.com/
Print Wikipost

SPG Moments [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2013, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by schley
I think the spg staff would basically have all you can eat food in the suite. I mean come on one can only eat so many hotdogs or sub sandwiches. I have rented a chicago white sox suite each summer for my family and the standard package of food they give us always has a few things left over.
I do not think the food would be the issue, but a few thirsty FTers......
Old Apr 27, 2013, 12:52 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Holy cow is this one awesome! Ultimate Golf Experience at Turnberry and The Open Championship

It's a purchase buy now deal for 75k SPG points. A cursory look at the value yields the following:

2 people cocktail reception and dinner - $300
2 rounds of golf at the Alisa Turnberry course - $600
2 people lunch after round - $50
1 night in Turnberry Resort - $400
Transport from Turnberry-Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, Edinburgh - $100
2 nights in Sheraton - $1400 (BAR, although almost all hotels are totally sold out for the Open Championship, not surprisingly)
2 tickets on Sat/Sun for Open Championship - $400
Hospitality tent for Sat/Sun - $200
Total =$3400 in value IMO for 75k spg points is 4.5 cpp

Taking my dad and we are going to try and golf Carnoustie and Old Course (if we get lucky) while there.

http://auction.starwoodhotels.com/cg...19006&topcat=Y

Stay and tee-off at one of the world's most renowned resorts! You and a guest will start of your experience at the Turnberry Resort on July 18th with a welcome dinner and overnight accommodations at Turnberry. The next day, enjoy a round of golf on Turnberry's signature Alisa course before taking a luxury coach to the Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, Edinburgh. It is your time to watch as you receive overnight accommodations for Friday and Saturday night, along with two tickets to attend the Open Championship and VIP SPG Chalet for both Saturday and Sunday.

This Turnberry package includes:
A cocktail reception for two (2) at Turnberry Resort followed by dinner on Thursday, July 18, 2013.
A one-night (1-night) stay for two (2) at Turnberry Resort checking in on Thursday, July 18, and checking out Friday, July 19, 2013.
18 holes of golf for two (2) on Turnberry's signature course on Friday, July 19, 2013.
Lunch and transfer for two (2) from Turnberry to the Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, Edinburgh, on Friday.
A two-night (2-night) stay for two (2) at the Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, Edinburgh, checking in on Friday, July 19, and checking out on Sunday, July 21, 2013.
Two (2) general admission tickets good for both Saturday and Sunday play at The Open Championship near East Lothian, Scotland, July 20-21, 2013.
Admission for two (2) to the SPG Hospitality Tent for a champagne reception, three-course lunch and beverages on both Saturday and Sunday.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
That looks great. I did SPG Moments at last years Open and it was pretty awesome, but didn't include a round of golf.
Old May 1, 2013, 3:53 am

Has anyone gone to one of the games with the box seats for 5000 points yet? or will go before August? I want to know what is the process like do they check you and your guest ID's to make sure you're the same people as the names you gave? I have 2 tickets for an August game and my name is on the Will-Call, which is fine I come get the tickets as I live nearby, but I want to give it to my two friends who are visiting from California during that time.
Old May 1, 2013, 4:58 am

Programs: LH M/M now,BA Silver,SPG PLAT, Sixt Plat/Europcar Elite VIP
Holy cow is this one awesome! Ultimate Golf Experience at Turnberry and The Open Championship

Stay and tee-off at one of the world's most renowned resorts! You and a guest will start of your experience at the Turnberry Resort on July 18th with a welcome dinner and overnight accommodations at Turnberry. The next day, enjoy a round of golf on Turnberry's signature Alisa course before taking a luxury coach to the Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, Edinburgh. It is your time to watch as you receive overnight accommodations for Friday and Saturday night, along with two tickets to attend the Open Championship and VIP SPG Chalet for both Saturday and Sunday.

This Turnberry package includes:
A cocktail reception for two (2) at Turnberry Resort followed by dinner on Thursday, July 18, 2013.
A one-night (1-night) stay for two (2) at Turnberry Resort checking in on Thursday, July 18, and checking out Friday, July 19, 2013.
18 holes of golf for two (2) on Turnberry's signature course on Friday, July 19, 2013.
Lunch and transfer for two (2) from Turnberry to the Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, Edinburgh, on Friday.
A two-night (2-night) stay for two (2) at the Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, Edinburgh, checking in on Friday, July 19, and checking out on Sunday, July 21, 2013.
Two (2) general admission tickets good for both Saturday and Sunday play at The Open Championship near East Lothian, Scotland, July 20-21, 2013.
Admission for two (2) to the SPG Hospitality Tent for a champagne reception, three-course lunch and beverages on both Saturday and Sunday.
I think this auction is great too!! However one little caveat, how do you intend to get to Turnberry if transfer from Turnberry to Edinburgh is included? May be tricky to leave car there and don't count on taxi (rather dear from Glasgow!). I have been to all The Open Championships offers so far with SPG.. Great day.. Thx SPG Moments, but this one will require some logistical preparations!!!
Old May 1, 2013, 5:01 am

The Open Grandstands!!!

Also has anyone noticed that the grandstands are not included in this year's package to the Open??
Old May 1, 2013, 5:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zerbib
Also has anyone noticed that the grandstands are not included in this year's package to the Open??
Yes I noticed that too. I guess we'll just walk around and hit the hospitality tent from time to time. I'm not worried though. SPG does such a great job at these events.
Old May 1, 2013, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
Yes I noticed that too. I guess we'll just walk around and hit the hospitality tent from time to time. I'm not worried though. SPG does such a great job at these events.
If you have been attending the last 2, the grandstands did make a huge difference especially when Scott had shocking putts on the last few, was great to see it all on the 18th, above the crowd...
Old May 1, 2013, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you have been attending the last 2, the grandstands did make a huge difference especially when Scott had shocking putts on the last few, was great to see it all on the 18th, above the crowd...
Yes I was there on Saturday last year and it was interesting, but I didn't spend the whole day there. I was out and about. At first I went early to the 18th to see Tom Watson finish. There were only a few people there and he took the time to acknowledge everyone. Of course it was packed for the last few groups.

Also they weren't checking tickets last year so you could go up and find an empty seat at the 18th. Even for the last group I saw a few empty seats here and there.
Old May 1, 2013, 8:56 am

Programs: SPG Platinum; VIA Privilege
F1 Montreal

I finally got a F1 grandstand VIP package using SPG moments. 30k spg points for two tickets to F1 Grandprix with seating in Grandstand 12 (which is one of the first stands after the start line and the first hairpin bend) for two days + an invite to VIP reception with Mercedes team.

Excited to go to the race finally!! Thanks to SPG.
Old May 1, 2013, 2:36 pm

I think this auction is great too!! However one little caveat, how do you intend to get to Turnberry if transfer from Turnberry to Edinburgh is included? May be tricky to leave car there and don't count on taxi (rather dear from Glasgow!). I have been to all The Open Championships offers so far with SPG.. Great day.. Thx SPG Moments, but this one will require some logistical preparations!!!
WE are arriving 3 days early to Edinburgh and play golf there. Will either rent a car and drive the whole time or get a taxi/transport to Turnberry. I haven't been to Scotland thus I will have to do some research. maybe a train?
Old May 1, 2013, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

WE are arriving 3 days early to Edinburgh and play golf there. Will either rent a car and drive the whole time or get a taxi/transport to Turnberry. I haven't been to Scotland thus I will have to do some research. maybe a train?
Maybe the 3 of us can petition Hadas for a solution.
Old May 1, 2013, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy
Maybe the 3 of us can petition Hadas for a solution.
while not expecting anything, they consistently go above and beyond IME. Always done first class.
Old May 1, 2013, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by gates1580
I finally got a F1 grandstand VIP package using SPG moments. 30k spg points for two tickets to F1 Grandprix with seating in Grandstand 12 (which is one of the first stands after the start line and the first hairpin bend) for two days + an invite to VIP reception with Mercedes team.

Excited to go to the race finally!! Thanks to SPG.
I was looking at that this weekend. 30K points for two $449 tickets, plus the Mercedes event? Quite a bargain! I sat in 12 several years ago - great seats.
Old May 2, 2013, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
zerbib, just realised I never told you my handle when we sat next to each other last night. This is me!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.