Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Nines vs Westin Portland

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2016, 8:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP/1mm, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, UA Silver
Sorry to top an old thread but what are thoughts on the two properties for Plats? Sounds like Nines has the lounge but Westin better upgrades? Any other differentiators?
Old May 23, 2016, 9:17 pm

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Was just at the Westin. Plat upgrade was a corner room on a high floor, which was fine by me. Nice hotel with a friendly staff.
Old May 25, 2016, 1:30 pm

Programs: Delta, Marriott, Kimpton
Originally Posted by Sabai
Was just at the Westin. Plat upgrade was a corner room on a high floor, which was fine by me. Nice hotel with a friendly staff.
You get the same upgrade as Gold (at least I always have). Both properties are great - a lot depends on the price and occupancy. I just booked three upcoming stays at the Nines for August and the base rate was actually cheaper than the Westin for all three stays.

Hope this helps.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 7:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP/1mm, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, UA Silver
After a number of stays I am still torn on which property I prefer. One thing a bit annoying is all the people who go to Departures around happy hour. I wish it had its own elevator. I cant count the amount of times I have had to squeeze into an elevator to go to my room post gym while soaking with sweat around people going up there. Needless to say they are not happy with me...
Old Jun 29, 2016, 8:47 am

Programs: Delta, Marriott, Kimpton
I always go with whichever has the better rate and what my room needs are for that particular trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.