Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Letter from David Flueck to Ambassadors

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2020, 9:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QR: Gold; Marriott: Amb; UA: 1K; Taj: Silv

Just received this email:

As an Ambassador Elite member, you are among our most loyal and valued members. As such, I wanted to reach out personally to keep you updated on the COVID-19 crisis and its impact on our company and our program. You may have seen a message from our CEO, Arne Sorenson, in which he shared his thoughts about how much our hearts and thoughts go out to the people who have been affected by this unprecedented event, and how much we appreciate the healthcare workers, local communities, and governments around the world that are on the front line working to contain this coronavirus. I hope you and your family are taking precautions and remain healthy.

Today, governments around the world are making decisions to halt nonessential business activity, and many of our Ambassadors work from contact centers around the globe that have been required to close. As a result, we have adapted the way we deliver the Ambassador Service to you, while enabling us to protect the health and safety of our associates worldwide.

As we continue to react to the unfolding situation, your personal Ambassador may not be available to assist you directly. To preserve the level of service we strive to deliver to Ambassador Elite members, we have engaged our global Ambassador Service team to respond to and address your needs, just as we do after-hours when your personal Ambassador is not working. This approach will help us ensure you get the timeliest response to any travel needs you may have.

I know many of you will miss the one-on-one relationship you may have built or were looking forward to building with your Ambassador this year. While this decision was necessitated by the fight against COVID-19, please know we are committed to returning to business-as-usual when it is safe to do so and permitted by governments. Expect to hear from us again soon, with news about program updates, including 2020 Elite status requirements.

Whether you are traveling now or in the future, I want you to know that your safety, as well as that of our associates, is a top priority. Despite these current hardships, our Ambassador team around the world is waiting to serve you.

Please be safe and stay healthy,
David Flueck
Senior Vice President, Global Loyalty
Old Mar 26, 2020, 9:18 pm

Programs: UA: 1K, Hyatt: Explorist and Marriott: LF Titanium Elite
Yep just got this my self - "Expect to hear from us again soon, with news about program updates, including 2020 Elite status requirements.".

Hopefully they follow Hilton's direction of extending status...
Old Mar 26, 2020, 9:29 pm

Bye Bye Personal Ambassador

Just received the email from Marriott that personal ambassadors are essentially gone for the time being. Disappointed, but not surprised. I hope they've provided severance or it's just a furlough for a period of time. Thoughts?
Old Mar 26, 2020, 9:37 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by MGJ2727
Just received the email from Marriott that personal ambassadors are essentially gone for the time being. Disappointed, but not surprised. I hope they've provided severance or it's just a furlough for a period of time. Thoughts?
No. they will be trashed like everyone else. When they file for unemployment Marriott will just say they are employed at zero hours.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by LDNConsultant
Yep just got this my self - "Expect to hear from us again soon, with news about program updates, including 2020 Elite status requirements.".

I hope they don’t. It hurts the integrity of the program to extend status. Everyone knew the rules on January 1. And most hotels are still open for your enjoyment.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by hotelboy
I hope they don’t. It hurts the integrity of the program to extend status. Everyone knew the rules on January 1. And most hotels are still open for your enjoyment.
This is so daft, I have no words.
BearX220, LarryU, kev LAX and 32 others like this.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 9:52 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

May I ask what hotels are open for your enjoyment now and next few weeks?

People can't even travel.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by RedSun
May I ask what hotels are open for your enjoyment now and next few weeks?

People can't even travel.
Most in the system are open including all 52 Marriott properties of mine. We are not laying off a single staff person.

Last edited by hotelboy; Jun 7, 2020 at 4:45 pm
Old Mar 26, 2020, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LDNConsultant

​​​​​​They likely will. Marriott is fighting for survival and ensuring their High Value Customers come back is crucial.

For someone with no LT status who split platinum or thereabouts with Marriott and Hilton would be a lost customer if Hilton gave them status next year
Old Mar 26, 2020, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Most in the system are open including all 23 Marriott properties of mine. We are not laying off a single staff person.
Great. And if you get your way, it'll be empty next year too.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 9:59 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1k, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, National Exec Elite
It’s a loyalty program for God sakes. Guess what happens when people are no longer loyal, especially the would be big spenders?
They will take their money else where.
Antarius likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 10:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
What a great idea to Bonvoy your best customers! I could understand encouraging Ambassadors to take unpaid leaves, reduce their hours, or even doing furloughs for some, but why not reassign Ambassadors, even on a temporary basis rather than reneging on the personal service that was promised?

I'm struggling to remember any remaining published benefits that Ambassadors get (for 100+ nights and $20,000+ spend) that aren't given to Tits also.

If I had wanted to deal with random unknowing and uncaring Marriott Bonvoy customer service agents, I would have cut my nights to almost zero last year and just used my LTT status when Hyatt (as a Glob) doesn't work for me.

I truly regret the nights and money I've already spent in 2020 on Starriotts.
kauppias likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 10:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Starwood Platinum
I'm still traveling and lucky my Ambassador for now is still working out of Omaha. You gotta wonder though how long that center remains open.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 10:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by mikebor
I'm still traveling and lucky my Ambassador for now is still working out of Omaha. You gotta wonder though how long that center remains open.
Any news from Austin?
Old Mar 26, 2020, 10:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Starwood Platinum
Originally Posted by MGJ2727
Not all are gone. Some are furloughed as the offices are closed. There are others that are still open like Omaha where I just spoke to my Ambassador yesterday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.