Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Best Cappuccino? W Leicester Square or Le Meridien Picadilly

Best Cappuccino? W Leicester Square or Le Meridien Picadilly

Old Mar 17, 2012, 8:28 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Talking Best Cappuccino? W Leicester Square or Le Meridien Picadilly

Hi,

I recently stayed at the Le Meridien in Cyprus and racked up a nice 9987 starpoints courtesy of a complementary gold card from Amex, triple starpoints promo and 250 points gold amenity, sweet!

However I want to transfer the points to my BA (Avios) account and noticed that I can only transfer 5,000 points at a time, not so sweet, as I am 13 points short of 10,000, Grrrrr!

I have an opportunity to earn some starpoints this evening as I will be meeting some friends for a drink and meal in the Leicester Square area of London and thought I could stop in to one of the hotels mentioned above in order to grab the 13 points I need to make 10,000 on my way home.

Which one does the best cappuccinos please?

I will also need parking for the evening and noticed that the W offers Valet parking. Would they take my car if I'm going somewhere else and can I get starpoints for that too?

Any idea what the costs are for the parking?

Parking in the local (urine stinking) NCP will be 25-30, unless it has gone up significantly since the last time I parked there, the W couldn't be that much more could it? Even if they use the NCP anyway at least it'll be parked for me and I won't have to savour the aroma of the NCP
Le Meridien doesn't seem to offer parking at all from what I can see on their website.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 11:30 pm

Location: Live: PWM/KBXM/BGR; Work: DCA/DFW/Everywhere; Play: LAS/MUC/MLE
Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, mlife Noir, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by PanGalactic
Hi,

I recently stayed at the Le Meridien in Cyprus and racked up a nice 9987 starpoints courtesy of a complementary gold card from Amex, triple starpoints promo and 250 points gold amenity, sweet!

However I want to transfer the points to my BA (Avios) account and noticed that I can only transfer 5,000 points at a time, not so sweet, as I am 13 points short of 10,000, Grrrrr!

I have an opportunity to earn some starpoints this evening as I will be meeting some friends for a drink and meal in the Leicester Square area of London and thought I could stop in to one of the hotels mentioned above in order to grab the 13 points I need to make 10,000 on my way home.

Which one does the best cappuccinos please?

I will also need parking for the evening and noticed that the W offers Valet parking. Would they take my car if I'm going somewhere else and can I get starpoints for that too?

Any idea what the costs are for the parking?

Parking in the local (urine stinking) NCP will be 25-30, unless it has gone up significantly since the last time I parked there, the W couldn't be that much more could it? Even if they use the NCP anyway at least it'll be parked for me and I won't have to savour the aroma of the NCP
Le Meridien doesn't seem to offer parking at all from what I can see on their website.
I can't speak to your real question, but parking does not normally earn Starpoints and I believe there is a $10 USD minimum for earning points on food and beverage while not a guest. Easiest thing for me in getting F&B points is emailing a camera-phone pic of the receipt to [email protected], points have credited same or next day.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 7:35 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
I can't speak to your real question, but parking does not normally earn Starpoints and I believe there is a $10 USD minimum for earning points on food and beverage while not a guest. Easiest thing for me in getting F&B points is emailing a camera-phone pic of the receipt to [email protected], points have credited same or next day.
Thanks for the info, I will try that email address.

By the way, the W does indeed do excellent cappuccino (and burgers!!!)

Ended up spending a bit longer there than intended, only went in to try to get 13 points but ended up spending around 180 , 30 for the parking and the rest on food/drinks at the bar which was excellent, we had a great night!!

Didn't know what to expect really but I'm so glad I have had the W experience and now I really want to stay at a W hotel somewhere some day ^^
Old Mar 20, 2012, 9:05 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite (Lifetime Platinum), HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by PanGalactic
Didn't know what to expect really but I'm so glad I have had the W experience and now I really want to stay at a W hotel somewhere some day ^^
Just don't stay at the one you visited... the rooms there are just downright awful.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 3:10 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eeebee
Just don't stay at the one you visited... the rooms there are just downright awful.
What's wrong with the rooms?, the pictures look quite nice and 27-31m for a standard room isn't bad considering it's location!

I checked out the one in Paris and the standard "cozy" room is only 18-20m, that's tiny!

By the way I sent the receipts as soon as I arrived back, so around 01:30 Monday and the points just posted as follows:

422 Base Points
211 Gold Bonus
250 Gold Amenity!!!
883 Total

I wasn't expecting the gold amenity, that was a nice surprise

I might have to become a regular there I think

Although I'm still scratching my head as to what exchange rate they are using to convert GBP to USD

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.