FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest-429/)
-   -   [Targeted] Free SPG Gold with just one stay in Asia Pacific (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest/1324509-targeted-free-spg-gold-just-one-stay-asia-pacific.html)

MtRoot Apr 12, 2012 8:41 am

Does anyone know if World ELITE MC qualifies? It's not clear to me if it's an entirely different product or "upper compatible" with World MC. I have a Presidential Plus card from former CO (forgot the new name) and have an upcoming trip to Bangkok where quite a few properties are participating. Thanks in advance!

JapanFlyerT May 8, 2012 11:14 pm

My guess is that it does, since World Elite is just an up-graded version of world, but I will email SPG for confirmation.

I just got the Ink Bold World Elite MC, so this interests me as well.

Ducati May 10, 2012 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by JapanFlyerT (Post 18540246)
My guess is that it does, since World Elite is just an up-graded version of world, but I will email SPG for confirmation.

I just got the Ink Bold World Elite MC, so this interests me as well.

Verdict?

JapanFlyerT May 13, 2012 8:18 pm

Ink Bold MC will work.
Thank you for contacting me regarding the World Mastercard promotional offer.

I am happy to let you know that your Elite World Mastercard is eligible for this promotional offer. You must register online prior to your stay and settle all charges with your Elite World Mastercard at the time of check out.

Noodlesz May 18, 2012 3:32 am

This is a great promotion, I'm surprised the travel blogs aren't all over it. I guess because the stay has to be in Asia...but still.

I will certainly take advantage of this before it expires in 2013.

Has anyone confirmed the length as:
"Starwood said that the it would be valid for the year of your stay plus one additional year."

If so, that's quite spectacular. Guess Starwood wants to capitalize on the growing Asia customers like myself.

MtRoot May 23, 2012 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by JapanFlyerT (Post 18568988)
Ink Bold MC will work.
Thank you for contacting me regarding the World Mastercard promotional offer.

I am happy to let you know that your Elite World Mastercard is eligible for this promotional offer. You must register online prior to your stay and settle all charges with your Elite World Mastercard at the time of check out.

Great, sounds like my PPlus card will also work. Thanks for asking them!

thedrwillseeyounow May 24, 2012 7:59 am

I can confirm that the ink bold qualifies. I stayed in Beijing early April, and now have gold status!

Ducati May 28, 2012 5:07 am

Originally Posted by thedrwillseeyounow (Post 18634259)
I can confirm that the ink bold qualifies. I stayed in Beijing early April, and now have gold status!

Nice!

I'm just wondering if you booked your hotel through the Ultimate Rewards Mall (hotels.com for 4X points) or starwood's website? Does it matter to get the gold status?

sweetz_21_83 Jun 3, 2012 10:06 pm

Can we confirm Cash and points qualify?

I have a booking in Bangkok and just want to see if anyone can confirm the "Cash and Points" option is eligible for this promotion? The T & C's only say "eligible rate". This was mentioned previously but I haven't seen a documented success reported here.

TAWS Jun 5, 2012 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by sweetz_21_83 (Post 18692676)
I have a booking in Bangkok and just want to see if anyone can confirm the "Cash and Points" option is eligible for this promotion? The T & C's only say "eligible rate". This was mentioned previously but I haven't seen a documented success reported here.

Anyone have an answer to this question?

FlyHigh23 Jun 18, 2012 11:41 am

Is this open to World MC Debit Cards as well? I just received my Delta Card from Suntrust and it's a World MC but I wasn't sure if this is only for CCs.

skywalkerLAX Jul 15, 2012 3:38 am

Originally Posted by TAWS (Post 18705505)
Anyone have an answer to this question?

Any type of awards are usually NOT eligible for promotions with SPG.

mackenzie77 Jul 15, 2012 4:43 am

Can anyone report recent instances of a non-WorldMC working for this promotion?

gloreglabert Jul 15, 2012 5:48 am

I know people like to pooh-pooh SPG Gold, but what would most people be willing to pay for this? There's no way I would earn Gold normally, but I could get this by spending the equivalent of $60 ($30 + 1100 points) on a pure mattress run, which seems pretty cheap for 15 months of Gold. Also may have a pricey SPG stay coming up early next year that would be nice to have some status for.

Do people think this is worth $60? Also, would I have to physically check-out to get the stay credited? If I did it, I'd want to just check in and then leave immediately.

kaka Jul 15, 2012 9:03 pm

is CnP ok? I thought it's not?

anyway, if you need a stay and have a world MC, i dont think there's much to lose here!
I've asked for a few upgrades now so i think it's better than not having anything. and there's 250SPG points per stay gold amnety, and 50% bonus