Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

[LEAVING Marriott] W Paris Opéra, France [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[LEAVING Marriott] W Paris Opéra, France [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2013, 2:57 pm

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Gold, Lufthansa Senator, Flying Blue Platinum, SPG Platinum, BMI Gold, Hyatt Gold,
Which room?

Hi everyone,

I have a choice of Marvelous and Fantastic suite at W Paris next week. Can't really see any difference on the site description. Any hints to which room I should take?

Regards
Thor
Old Dec 13, 2013, 2:17 am

Programs: KL Platinum
Marvelous suites have a view on the Opéra Garnier, the Fantastic suites don't. Marvelous suites are also slightly larger, with a sort of divider between the bed and the sitting area.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 3:01 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
W Paris 30% Discount for 5 Night Stay

I just booked 5 nights at W Paris at 259 euros per night for Cozy Room in March, hoping for a decent Plat upgrade. Standard 1 night prepaid rate is 370 euros. The current promotion is 20% off prepaid rate for 3 night stay and 30% off prepaid rate for 5 night stay. This is the lowest rate I have ever seen for the W Paris. The Paris Westin is the only other Paris SPG hotel to offer similar discounts, 239 euros for the same 5 nights.

This dscount allows me to experience the W Paris on a business trip (conference hotel is 250 euros per night).

Anyone going to be in Paris before Mar. 31 should check out the rate.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 5:56 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Thanks for the headsup CIT85.....

252EUR for a Cosy Room but dropping to Silver status in a couple of weeks, I don't want to be stuck in a 20sqm room.

Now not too far away I could stay at the IC Le Grand instead where for a little bit I could get an Opera View room and 75% larger room size at 35sqm.

However I am really considering the Shangri La. I have found a good rate for the property (about 35% off of BAR) however it is still way above what I really want to pay but it will be a special occasion.....so decisions decisions in the upcoming days.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 2:44 pm

Great Stay

I just stayed at the W Hotel Paris for 5 nights. I booked the Cozy room for €259 at prepaid Hot rate. As the stay got closer, cozy rooms were sold out and the same €259 Hot rate became the next category up. Then the hotel became completely sold out couple days before I arrived.

I was upgraded to a Marvelous Suite which was very nice. I was glad not to have to experience the Cozy room. Since ant_west has described most of the room types in detail, I'll just add that the 4 oz size bathroom amenities are very nice, especially for a 5 night stay.

The Plat breakfast amenity was the full buffet, no mention of any continental breakfast. I sign for the €38 check each morning, add tip , and then the €38 breakfast never shows up when I checked out, only the tips. The selection was not very extensive but more than adequate for what I needed, especially after big dinners the night before. I think this is the first time I have ever had strawberry juice at breakfast. I was hoping for Iberico charcuterie from earlier post, but no such luck. The cheese selection was good the first 3 days especially the chevre, then the last 2 days there was no chevre.

The staff was all young, friendly and very helpful. Best staff of any hotel in Paris I have stayed in.

Overall I was very glad I found the Hot rate and be able to experience W Paris, otherwise I wouldn't be able to stay here based on our corporate guidelines.

Diagonally across l'Opera is RoissyBus stop, nonstop to CDG at €10.50 per person. The bus runs every 15 minutes. A very good travel option, much easier than RER and a lot cheaper than taxi.

Printemps down the street has a LaDuree stand, so does CDG, in case anyone is looking great macraons.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 3:23 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by CIT85
I just stayed at the W Hotel Paris for 5 nights. I booked the Cozy room for €259 at prepaid Hot rate. As the stay got closer, cozy rooms were sold out and the same €259 Hot rate became the next category up. Then the hotel became completely sold out couple days before I arrived.

I was upgraded to a Marvelous Suite which was very nice. I was glad not to have to experience the Cozy room. Since ant_west has described most of the room types in detail, I'll just add that the 4 oz size bathroom amenities are very nice, especially for a 5 night stay.

The Plat breakfast amenity was the full buffet, no mention of any continental breakfast. I sign for the €38 check each morning, add tip , and then the €38 breakfast never shows up when I checked out, only the tips. The selection was not very extensive but more than adequate for what I needed, especially after big dinners the night before. I think this is the first time I have ever had strawberry juice at breakfast. I was hoping for Iberico charcuterie from earlier post, but no such luck. The cheese selection was good the first 3 days especially the chevre, then the last 2 days there was no chevre.

The staff was all young, friendly and very helpful. Best staff of any hotel in Paris I have stayed in.

Overall I was very glad I found the Hot rate and be able to experience W Paris, otherwise I wouldn't be able to stay here based on our corporate guidelines.

Diagonally across l'Opera is RoissyBus stop, nonstop to CDG at €10.50 per person. The bus runs every 15 minutes. A very good travel option, much easier than RER and a lot cheaper than taxi.

Printemps down the street has a LaDuree stand, so does CDG, in case anyone is looking great macraons.
thank you very much for the updating stay report.

I have an upcoming stay here in early June (French open period).

Last edited by 3rdworldresident; Mar 16, 2014 at 3:29 pm
Old Jun 7, 2014, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
It seems that the restaurant on 1st floor by Sergi Arola, which was pretty good, is now closed, and is replaced by Coquette on ground floor (replacing the very bling bling bar).

Am I wrong?
Old Jun 7, 2014, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by nicolas75
It seems that the restaurant on 1st floor by Sergi Arola, which was pretty good, is now closed, and is replaced by Coquette on ground floor (replacing the very bling bling bar).

Am I wrong?
Nope, there's no Arola restaurant anymore.

I can confirm this.

Last edited by 3rdworldresident; Jun 7, 2014 at 3:56 pm
Old Jun 7, 2014, 3:51 pm

I'm currently staying here. in summary, one of my best stay with spg ever.

(due to my poor english, i cannot explain every detail.)

- Got upgraded to Fantastic suite (a 6-night stay) at check-in without asking. (Applied SNA for Marvelous suite but not success = saved me 6 SNAs)
- full buffet breakfast (worth 38Euro/person) as platinum amenity in lieu of 500 points. Not a huge spread like in Asian hotels but more than enough for me.
- top-notch service, all staffs I met are friendly and eager to help (also good looking too).
- location is perfect for me.
- free wifi internet
- free one aqua pack/person/day
- i did participate in make a green choice program for 4 nights = 2000 points

I will definitely stay here again next time when I'm in Paris. (but will give Prince de Galles at least a try too.)
Old Jun 7, 2014, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
also good looking too
Vive la France!

I will definitely stay here again next time when I'm in Paris. (but will give Prince de Galles at least a try too.)
The restaurant, cocktail bar and courtyard terrace are very pleasant, and definitely worth a visit.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 3:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nope, there's no Arola restaurant anymore.

I can confirm this.
That was fast!
Old Dec 24, 2014, 8:53 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat. WOH Glob. SQ Gold
Had a fairly recent 5 night stay here on a competitive stay 5/pay four rate with a suite night upgrade to a Marvelous Suite. Suite was quite compact but comfortable. Huge bathroom.

Sadly it was showing a lot of wear and tear, chips in the wall, missing paint, missing buttons from the sofa (more obvious than it sounds). So nothing major but I always wonder why hotels can't be bothered to spend a day making minor cosmetic repairs.

Staff were friendly, but to be honest I found them lacking attention to detail. A very ageist thing to say but they were all so young that I couldn't help but feel that the hotel needed one or two older stuff members to bring in that extra experience to combine with the youthful enthusiasm.

Full breakfast was included as platinum amenity, so can't be too critical, but it was pretty meh, nothing really stood out as good or bad. Would have been nice to have some wine/cocktail glasses in the room and they never restocked my mini-bar - I guess I should thank them for this as it forced me to save money by buying things myself!

Location was perfect, easy access to so many metro lines, bus lines, shops etc.

Based on the comfy bed, great bathroom and location I'd be happy to stay here again.
Old Dec 25, 2014, 11:54 am

Programs: AC *E, SPG Plat, Hertz
W Paris Opéra, France [Master Thread]

Stayed here on a one night reservation. They upgraded me to the wow suite on the top floor. Staff are super friendly, location is convenient to everything you wanna get to.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 11:07 am

Paris Fashion Week

Stayed here for one night. SNA did not clear. No upgrade of any kind on this stay. I booked a Wonderful Room and got Wonderful Room, no view of Opera.

My problem is I happened to be here in Paris during Paris Fashion Week, and the hotel is sold out. I stopped by the Westin and they have multiple function rooms and suites used for fashion show rooms. I am curios if anyone staying at the Westin this week received an upgrade of any kind.

At least the Wonderful Room is large enough that it wasn't claustrophobic. The staff was great as usual, very friendly.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 11:08 am

Programs: SPG Plat, HH Gold
Completed my blog review for my stay in April.

No suites were available for upgrade and platinum gift was used for breakfast (worth it considering the prices of food in Paris!)

Love the location and easy access to Metro

Just a small issue with dirty bowls during the stay and feedback was given via the post-stay survey.

http://goodhotelreview.blogspot.com/...6/w-paris.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.