Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Do SVO (timeshare) bookings count as stays/nights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2012, 10:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium Elite, VSE/MVC Chairman's Club

I'm getting some inconsisent information with regards to Starwood Vacation Ownership reservations, and whether or not they generate stay/night credits.

If you book a SVO unit directly or with StarOptions, not using Starpoints and/or cash or exchanging through RCI/II/etc, do you get stay/night credits?

Some people seem to be getting one stay and one night credit for each weekly timeshare booking.

I was under the impression you only got stay/night credits if you booked the timeshare room by the night through Starwood using some combination of Starpoints and/or cash.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 7:27 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
I just spent one night at Westin Kierland Villas, an SVO. I made the reservation with Plat Concierge on AAA HotDeal, just like a hotel.

I asked the front desk and was told that I do get stay/night credit. I also got 500 point Plt amenity (or breakfast option if I selected).
Old Mar 8, 2012, 7:40 pm

Programs: DL-MM/FC/FO AA-EXP/MM Starwood-Platinum Marriott-Platinum Hilton-Gold Hyatt-Diamond
It doesn't matter if you are an owner staying at your home resort or if you use the StarOptions received when you convert your home resort into StarOptions and use those to stay at another SVN resort, all you receive are points for any eligible charges billed to the room.

If you have a paid stay or a SPG points stay at a SVN resort is it treated as if it were a regular hotel stay

TW

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.