Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort, NV [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort, NV [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2012, 11:10 am

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Originally Posted by uxb
The Westin Las Vegas is a dark, smokey dump that is off the strip by a block. Kinda dodgey. I wouldn't return unless I was desperate to stay somewhere cheap, but didn't want to get eaten alive by bed bugs. In short, it's a poor man's Trump Hotel, which is better because it is completely non-smoking.
Very harsh

the Westin off the strip is a 90$ hotel. Buts its OK

I wouldn't pay over 100$
Old May 11, 2012, 2:28 pm

Programs: United 1K, Starwood Platinum
Westn Lake Las Vegas review..

To me this resort is a little bit of heaven! The grounds are vey well designed and the hotel lobby is very inviting, staff, consistently friendly. I had to make a trip to Vegas stayed at the Westin there a little bit of the Strip goes along way. While booking this trip I noticed a new Westin that was on Las Vegas Lake, about 18 miles from the Strip, I was impressed with the description of properly and decided to tack on a few days and check it out. The hotel offers many activities. Boating, paddling,stand up boarding as well as fishing, also there is fishing, also offered are rental bikes, bird watching walks, tennis volley ball. As for dining,there is a restaurant "Marsa"it is AAA rated a d 4 diamond restaurant. There are also terrific bars.
For those who want some pampering, there is an Aveda full service salon,
very nice~ The rates for the hotel are very reasonable, If you plan a stay in Vegas on the Strip, consider staying at this resort a night or two, I'm sure you won't regret it, If you enjoy the activites mentioned above, this is without question a hotel that is all that lovely addition to the Starwood properties. Will absolutely return
Old May 17, 2012, 7:03 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Any indication that Platinum members get the $22/day resort fee waived or discounted? If not, what is the alternate amenity? (I think resorts that charge Platinum members are supposed to offer something extra...)
Old May 17, 2012, 7:20 pm

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by JonathanIT
Any indication that Platinum members get the $22/day resort fee waived or discounted? If not, what is the alternate amenity? (I think resorts that charge Platinum members are supposed to offer something extra...)
I have a prepaid booking in 3 weeks and they charged for everything except for the resort charge, I think all resorts does this if it's on a prepaid rate.

The charge for this resort is for: self parking, unlimited use of the Fitness Center and Spa Moulay (treatments are additional), toll-free calls, Intra-resort shuttle, concierge assisted boarding passes, secure golf bag storage, scheduled recreation and pool activities, High Speed Internet access (guest room only) and daily newspaper delivery.

It seems some of the stuff are free for plats and the other won't be used at all (by me). The only thing that I will be using is the parking. Seems unfair to charge me for something I will not be doing.
Old May 17, 2012, 9:09 pm

i just came back from Vegas. i spent one night at this resort. i was not charged any resort fees. according to the door man self parking is free. so i parked my car and was not charged for parking. i got upgraded to a Jr. suite facing the lake. the only nice thing about this suite is the space. everything else is very poor. i mean very old dusty furniture, dirty carpet etc..
Old May 17, 2012, 9:34 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Originally Posted by KSA_USA
i just came back from Vegas. i spent one night at this resort. i was not charged any resort fees. according to the door man self parking is free. so i parked my car and was not charged for parking. i got upgraded to a Jr. suite facing the lake. the only nice thing about this suite is the space. everything else is very poor. i mean very old dusty furniture, dirty carpet etc..
Was there no mention of the resort fee at all?
Old May 17, 2012, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by JonathanIT
Was there no mention of the resort fee at all?
no mention at all. one more good thing about the room i was in, the bed was truly heavenly. the best Westin bed i have ever slept on. probably because it was new..
Old May 17, 2012, 11:04 pm

no mention at all. one more good thing about the room i was in, the bed was truly heavenly. the best Westin bed i have ever slept on. probably because it was new..
What about the breakfast? Is it continental or full? That's if it wasnt in your rate.
Old May 18, 2012, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
What about the breakfast? Is it continental or full? That's if it wasnt in your rate.
at check-in i was given the option of points or continental breakfast at hotel restaurant. i took the points.

by the way, the lake is not something spectacular.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 1:48 am

Just finished my 3 night stay here and it was wonderful, I had low expectations but I really like this resort.

I was upgraded to a Deluxe King Suite which has a living room and a bedroom, the living room is as big as other smaller rooms.

The hotel has a Moroccan feeling to it, the design of the hotel from the interior is all Moroccan.

Took the option of the breakfast as an amenity and all I got was the continental breakfast worth 15 USD pp, tried to buy up to anything on the menu but I couldnt. Even though it was a win win situation in my opinion.

They have two pools one for kids and the other for adults, the kids one has a slide and there is a jacuzzi I guess for the adults. The adult pool has a jacuzzi as well but you will get some minors over there, I noticed some kids running around but when their family got the point that this is an adult pool they switched to the other one, no actually said anything to them or the other kids that were around.

The hotel has rooms for 3 different kinds of views. The worst is the parking lot, you also get views of the pool and the lake, I got the one of the lake which IMO is the best because it's quite all day, where the pool ones you can hear the pool music from your room because it was a bit loud.

I tried Marsa which was great, best sushi ever. They got one of eight sushi master chefs in the US. I will always be dissapointed going to any sushi place from now on.

The downside of the hotel is the internet, it's too slow, couldnt get a speed test as it was that slow.

At check-in I recieved a card showing what the resort charge included, I tried to waive the charge by calling the front desk but all I got is that the internet is the only free benefit fot plats which is not true, there are a bunch of them, so I had my ambassador contact the hotel and waive it for me.

All in all I really liked this hotel and for sure will return in the future.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 12:59 pm

Would you go back? Back to Vegas soon and I am tempted to try it out

How far (by car) is it from the Strip? 15 minutes?
Old Jul 7, 2012, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
Just finished my 3 night stay here and it was wonderful, I had low expectations but I really like this resort.

I was upgraded to a Deluxe King Suite which has a living room and a bedroom, the living room is as big as other smaller rooms.

The hotel has a Moroccan feeling to it, the design of the hotel from the interior is all Moroccan.

Took the option of the breakfast as an amenity and all I got was the continental breakfast worth 15 USD pp, tried to buy up to anything on the menu but I couldnt. Even though it was a win win situation in my opinion.

They have two pools one for kids and the other for adults, the kids one has a slide and there is a jacuzzi I guess for the adults. The adult pool has a jacuzzi as well but you will get some minors over there, I noticed some kids running around but when their family got the point that this is an adult pool they switched to the other one, no actually said anything to them or the other kids that were around.

The hotel has rooms for 3 different kinds of views. The worst is the parking lot, you also get views of the pool and the lake, I got the one of the lake which IMO is the best because it's quite all day, where the pool ones you can hear the pool music from your room because it was a bit loud.

I tried Marsa which was great, best sushi ever. They got one of eight sushi master chefs in the US. I will always be dissapointed going to any sushi place from now on.

The downside of the hotel is the internet, it's too slow, couldnt get a speed test as it was that slow.

At check-in I recieved a card showing what the resort charge included, I tried to waive the charge by calling the front desk but all I got is that the internet is the only free benefit fot plats which is not true, there are a bunch of them, so I had my ambassador contact the hotel and waive it for me.

All in all I really liked this hotel and for sure will return in the future.
Internet is slow in the other Westin LV as well
Old Jul 7, 2012, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by terminalfive
Would you go back? Back to Vegas soon and I am tempted to try it out

How far (by car) is it from the Strip? 15 minutes?
no i don't think i'll go back. i'd rather spend my nights in a nice luxurious Vegas hotel. but try it out yourself for one night. you may like it. without traffic yes its about 15-20 min drive. with traffic then it depends on how bad the traffic is
Old Jul 7, 2012, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by terminalfive
Internet is slow in the other Westin LV as well
There is another WiFi Connection around the pool called Loews, that one is quite fast.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 8:29 am

no i don't think i'll go back. i'd rather spend my nights in a nice luxurious Vegas hotel. but try it out yourself for one night. you may like it. without traffic yes its about 15-20 min drive. with traffic then it depends on how bad the traffic is
I think i will give it a go..

Thanks for the info and I post back^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.