Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Discussion: SPG Lifetime™ Gold and SPG Lifetime™ Platinum status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 25, 2017, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
It can take up to 7 business days from the day you qualified for your Lifetime Platinum status to be picked up by the system.

Starwood / Marriott merger
Q : What will happen to my Lifetime Status when the programs merge together in the future?
A : Rest assured we will always recognize your Lifetime Status, whether it is today in your earned program or in the future with a new, combined program.
http://members.marriott.com/faq/#what-will-happen-to-my-lifetime-status-when-the-programs-merge-together-in-the-future
Print Wikipost

Discussion: SPG Lifetime™ Gold and SPG Lifetime™ Platinum status

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2015, 10:57 pm

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
10 days later I get my LT Gold email!
Old May 19, 2015, 2:55 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, AE*E, Hyatt Diamond, AAdv, BA Exec
answered on a previous page

Last edited by toflyer; May 19, 2015 at 3:02 pm
Old Jun 15, 2015, 2:16 pm

Programs: Air: Air Canada Altitude Super Elite 100K Million Mile, Hotel: Starwood Platinum Lifetime
Took exactly 2 months from the date of receiving the email that I was now Lifetime Platinum to when I got my Lifetime Platinum package (just came in today!).
Old Jun 16, 2015, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sd5187
Took exactly 2 months from the date of receiving the email that I was now Lifetime Platinum to when I got my Lifetime Platinum package (just came in today!).
Ditto here. Mine came yesterday as well.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 9:22 pm

Programs: UA - 1K 1MM; Hyatt - Explorist; Marriott - Lifetime Titanium
Mine arrived yesterday as well. Must have been a batch process.
Old Jun 20, 2015, 8:14 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, BonVoyLifetime Platinum, UA Platinum, President's Club,
I'm confused too. I made my 500th night over a week ago and even though the stay has posted and the points, it still just says Lifetime Gold. I spoke to SPG before the trip as I wanted to be certain that I had met all other criteria and I had. We were just waiting for the 500th night.

I was so excited to see that status. I'm a bit bummed that it didn't even change online! So now I wonder if I'll be recognized as a Lifetime Plat on my next stay, or if I have to wait for a card? SO shocked it didn't change online.
Old Jun 20, 2015, 8:55 pm

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
For me it took 10 days to recognize LT gold. If you are currently a plat it isn't going to make a difference for your next stay is it?
Old Jun 21, 2015, 5:49 am

Programs: Many. Some top-tier, others not.
Originally Posted by thaliajen
I'm confused too. I made my 500th night over a week ago and even though the stay has posted and the points, it still just says Lifetime Gold. I spoke to SPG before the trip as I wanted to be certain that I had met all other criteria and I had. We were just waiting for the 500th night.

I was so excited to see that status. I'm a bit bummed that it didn't even change online! So now I wonder if I'll be recognized as a Lifetime Plat on my next stay, or if I have to wait for a card? SO shocked it didn't change online.
My experience has been that few front desk folks go into the "extra screen" that identifies you as LTP. Yes, they will recognize that you're a Plat, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for someone to notice the LTP thing.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
I was so excited to see that status. I'm a bit bummed that it didn't even change online! So now I wonder if I'll be recognized as a Lifetime Plat on my next stay, or if I have to wait for a card?
Congrats! Mine changed online within a few days, IIRC. I've heard that its done in sweeps.
One thing NOT to worry about is being recognized as LTP on a stay. Front desk staff so far - about 50 stays - don't really pay attention to it, IME.

Dave
Old Jun 21, 2015, 11:25 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, BonVoyLifetime Platinum, UA Platinum, President's Club,
Wow, I'm bummed! I thought the LT Plat status might at least help with upgrades. I guess it doesn't matter when I get it if it doesn't make a difference.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Wow, I'm bummed! I thought the LT Plat status might at least help with upgrades. I guess it doesn't matter when I get it if it doesn't make a difference.
In a perfect world LTPs should be upgraded before Plats. Keep in mind SPG.com is s customer facing system and gets updated periodically from the backoffice systems. Just because you don't see your status change doesn't mean it hasn't. Unfortunately the properties may not refresh their systems to show your new status. And there is a good chance they won't even know how to tell the difference or if they should be doing anything different. When you run across the rare property that does know about LTPs then you may be pleasantly surprised.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 12:25 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Just requalified for Platinum.

Also I believe I have now crossed to threshold to receive Lifetime Platinum....just need to wait for the LT status to be updated on the site.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 8:18 pm

I had to make my next reservation through the call center and I did ask. She said I should have it by now (7-10 days is what they say) but I'm no longer worried. It's not as if it would do me any good at my next stay. I booked the suite already. Still, I would love to see the card!
Old Jun 24, 2015, 1:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by RogerD408
In a perfect world LTPs should be upgraded before Plats.
i disagree....a plat is a plat....doesn't matter if they have lifetime status or not....
Old Jun 24, 2015, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Keyser
i disagree....a plat is a plat....doesn't matter if they have lifetime status or not....
It's not a perfect world. But if they have one room available and two guests to upgrade (and no other preference criteria) I would suspect the LTP to win. This is unless I am the other guest of course!

SPG has segmented status with LTP, Plat, Plat50, Plat75, Plat100. And let's not forget the property bias towards their loyal guests regardless of their status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.