Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Discussion: SPG Lifetime™ Gold and SPG Lifetime™ Platinum status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 25, 2017, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
It can take up to 7 business days from the day you qualified for your Lifetime Platinum status to be picked up by the system.

Starwood / Marriott merger
Q : What will happen to my Lifetime Status when the programs merge together in the future?
A : Rest assured we will always recognize your Lifetime Status, whether it is today in your earned program or in the future with a new, combined program.
http://members.marriott.com/faq/#what-will-happen-to-my-lifetime-status-when-the-programs-merge-together-in-the-future
Print Wikipost

Discussion: SPG Lifetime™ Gold and SPG Lifetime™ Platinum status

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2014, 10:39 am

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
The magic LTP milestone is fast approaching, and I'm ready to book the stay during which I will qualify.

Having been pleasantly surprised recently by hotels recognising some other milestones (my 25th stay at the property, my 300th Sheraton stay, my birthday etc....), I'm wondering whether it would be a sound idea to book somewhere 'nice', in the vague hope that they will be alerted to the event and do something special. Or is that expecting way too much ?

Would it be too rude to contact them in advance, to, er, remind them ?
Did you cross the 500 night mark yet and if you did, any recognition from the hotel? I am only 8 nights away from meeting the criteria for LTP.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 12:31 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by kluau88
Did you cross the 500 night mark yet and if you did, any recognition from the hotel? I am only 8 nights away from meeting the criteria for LTP.
Yes indeed

Having taken 15 years of plat membership to gain LTP. I guess I must hold the record for the slowest qualification ?

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Aug 7, 2014 at 12:55 pm
Old Aug 25, 2014, 2:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Plat Ambassador, National Executive Elite, Hertz Five Star
SPG Lifetime Gold package

Hi Guys,

I just received my SPG Lifetime Gold/Platinum package a few days ago after it being lost twice. The sad thing is that I achieved it last year and couldn't wait for my package to come to see what it looks like. On the interwebs and FT, I saw what the Lifetime Plat package looks like, and I know that the Lifetime Gold package would be nothing like it. I've accepted that, but when I finally got my package, I was extremely disappointed. The package that I received was less than what I receive every year for being a Platinum. Can anyone who received their Lifetime Gold package confirm that what I received is not right?

Old Aug 25, 2014, 3:30 pm

Programs: SPG Plat Lifetime, CX Diamond, LH SEN, TK Elite / *A Gold
Why not just be happy that you received anything for Lifetime Golf. I cannot remember that in the beginning of the program LF gold had any package at all...

And not to spoil your desire. The Liftetime plat package is not that great either... IMO
Old Aug 25, 2014, 3:34 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by siricepick
Hi Guys,

I just received my SPG Lifetime Gold/Platinum package a few days ago after it being lost twice. The sad thing is that I achieved it last year and couldn't wait for my package to come to see what it looks like. On the interwebs and FT, I saw what the Lifetime Plat package looks like, and I know that the Lifetime Gold package would be nothing like it. I've accepted that, but when I finally got my package, I was extremely disappointed. The package that I received was less than what I receive every year for being a Platinum. Can anyone who received their Lifetime Gold package confirm that what I received is not right?
First of all, you did not receive an SPG Lifetime Gold/Platinum package because there is no such thing. You receive an SPG Lifetime Gold package and yes, it appears to be what I received a few years ago.

It appears your disappointment is based on your reviews of the SPG Lifetime Platinum package. One must remember that the achievement of SPG Lifetime Platinum is much greater than the achievement of SPG Lifetime Gold and everything including the welcome packages should reflect that.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 4:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Plat Ambassador, National Executive Elite, Hertz Five Star
Thanks for your input gents.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by controller1
One must remember that the achievement of SPG Lifetime Platinum is much greater than the achievement of SPG Lifetime Gold
As I have not achieved SPG Lifetime Platinum the achievement of SPG Lifetime Gold is the greatest achievement of my life and I would appreciate the rest of the world ,nay universe, recognising the monumentousness of that attainment
Old Aug 26, 2014, 1:14 am

Programs: SQ Gold, SPG Plat
spg.com shows me as LTG with 506 nights / 9 years elite. I am just 1 night from requalifying as Plat. I am aware that the T&Cs require me to cross 500 nights + 10 years Plat.

When I contacted SPG about LTP status, I was told their system already reflected me as LTP. The agent could not tell me when my status changed, but she thinks it occurred when I hit 500 nights. I wasn't going to quibble with her over this issue!

Anyway I intend to requal for Plat by next month so this discrepancy will probably be moot in a few weeks time!
Old Aug 27, 2014, 1:19 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
498 nights and 13 years Plat... and will hit 500 this weekend at the Four Points on Bourbon St in New Orleans. I've been waiting for this a loooong time.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 11:49 am

Programs: CO Platinum, Starwood Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
250 nights since 2002 & 7 years Elite ... 250 to go! ha! Gold looks good on me, regardless.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 4:50 pm

Programs: Many. Some top-tier, others not.
Tomorrow is night 1500 for me. Triple Lifetime Plat?
Old Sep 17, 2014, 7:28 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Pardon me for asking but it's not easy to go thru 60 pages of discussions. How many years of Platinum does it really take to qualify (in addition to the 500 nights)?

Let's say a new member earns Platinum current year which carries over all the way to Feb 2016. Does that mean the member gets 1, 2, or 3 years of Platinum credited towards LTP qualification?
Old Sep 17, 2014, 7:30 am

Programs: UA 1K 3 Million/ex-many year GS, AA PLT/2 Mil, AS MVPG, HH Dia, Starwood Life Plat, Hertz PC
That should be 1 year. It is how many times you earned Plat in a year - not how long, due to when you earned it, you got to use the status.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 7:44 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pdx1M
That should be 1 year. It is how many times you earned Plat in a year - not how long, due to when you earned it, you got to use the status.
Thanks. I forgot to check the T&Cs.

7.5 Earning SPG Lifetime Platinum Status. .

7.5.a. In order to achieve SPG Lifetime Platinum status, an SPG Member must have: (i) a minimum of 10 Eligible Platinum Years; and (ii) 500 Eligible Nights, during the SPG Member's participation in the SPG Program. An "Eligible Platinum Year" is a year during which an SPG Member earned Platinum Preferred Guest status by achieving the Platinum Minimum Requirement during the prior year's Qualifying Period. For example, if an SPG Member meets the Platinum Minimum Requirement during the 2012 Qualifying Period and becomes a Platinum Preferred Guest for the remainder of 2012 and for all of 2013, 2012 will count as an Eligible Platinum Year, but 2013 will not unless the SPG Member meets the Platinum Minimum Requirement during the 2013 Qualifying Period.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 12:07 am

Lifetime Platinum Question

Dear flyertalk members,

Prior to being official, the lifetime platinum qualification was announced in 2012:
http://thepointsguy.com/2012/02/majo...atus-and-more/

Before this, wasnt the under the radar (unofficial) qualification for the 'platinum for life' 10 consecutive years rather than the present reqs of any 10 years of platinum+500 nights?

Thanks,
BayTraveler

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.