Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

SPG 'Better by the Night' Promotion - pre-launch discussion and speculation thread

SPG 'Better by the Night' Promotion - pre-launch discussion and speculation thread

Old Dec 24, 2011, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Stay at over 750 participating hotels and resorts in North and Latin America, Europe, Africa and the Middle East and begin earning unlimited bonus Starpoints.
does this mean asia is not participating in this promo????

that really sucks....
Old Dec 24, 2011, 12:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Keyser
does this mean asia is not participating in this promo?
Maybe (hopefully) they'll be running their own promo?
Old Dec 24, 2011, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by gfowler-ord-1k
I put the "Nonparticipating Property List" on my "Nonstaying Property List". There are 3 nonparticipants that would normally been in consideration for my planned stays during the promo time period.
+1
Old Dec 24, 2011, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Maybe (hopefully) they'll be running their own promo?
i hope so too....
Old Dec 24, 2011, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by Barefootdr
Asia/pacific....?????
Asia/Pacific has their own MasterCard affiliated promo for free nights. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...arn-2-fwn.html
Old Dec 24, 2011, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by holtju2
Asia/Pacific has their own MasterCard affiliated promo for free nights. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...arn-2-fwn.html
that is not the quarterly promo....apac has been running this promo every year for the last 3-4 years....
Old Dec 24, 2011, 2:08 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, HH Diamond
Pretty much the same as last year, less the 4 nights / quadruple points tier. yawn...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...e-rewards.html
Old Dec 24, 2011, 2:30 pm

Programs: US air -chairman, SPG-Plat, Hyatt - Dmnd, Hilton -Dmnd, Hertz - five star
now we need to see what Hyatt and Hilton says, and start shopping around.
Old Dec 24, 2011, 2:30 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
Originally Posted by daiseee
Pretty much the same as last year, less the 4 nights / quadruple points tier. yawn...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...e-rewards.html
Sorry, 1 night wonder here, does nothing for me. Hope it help all of you. I will be crossing my fingers for HGP or HH
Old Dec 24, 2011, 2:47 pm

Programs: US air -chairman, SPG-Plat, Hyatt - Dmnd, Hilton -Dmnd, Hertz - five star
basically 9 ppd if using SPG amex - same payout as the fall '11 promo, the only difference is a minimum stay is in force, in order to take a full advantage of the promotion.
Old Dec 24, 2011, 2:53 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by alexkgtu
basically 9 ppd if using SPG amex
And you're Gold or Platinum. For a couple of our stays, this will probably tip the balance from C&P to revenue, so it's having its intended effect.
Old Dec 24, 2011, 5:07 pm

This usually applies to stays in the promo window that have already been reserved right?
Old Dec 24, 2011, 5:07 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum AA Platinum UA Dirt Grey Marriott Ambassador Hyatt Globalist
Crapshot IMHO...
Old Dec 24, 2011, 5:54 pm

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
That looks like a count of 144 non-participating properties out of 1,041 Starwoods as of the end of 2010.
It's going to be much higher is Asia isn't participating! All my travel is to Asia over the next 3 months, so if there's no participation, this will be the third promo in a row that hasn't been of any use to me.
Old Dec 24, 2011, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by infamousdx
This usually applies to stays in the promo window that have already been reserved right?
There is no restriction.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.