Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

SPG 'Better by the Night' Promotion - pre-launch discussion and speculation thread

SPG 'Better by the Night' Promotion - pre-launch discussion and speculation thread

Old Jan 9, 2012, 5:33 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefer...HENT_PROMOTION

double points for 2 night stays
triple points for 3 or more nights
at participating properties

no bonus for one night stays.
The registration link is now up. Feets don't fail me now!!! Also, as a data point, you do not need to register again if you have previously registered.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 6:38 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Thanks for the link.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 6:39 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by uxb
The registration link is now up. Feets don't fail me now!!! Also, as a data point, you do not need to register again if you have previously registered.
Ditto.

Originally Posted by spg promo registration page
Good news!
You've already registered for this promotion, no need to register again.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 6:47 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Done, thanks
Old Jan 9, 2012, 7:27 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle, Hilton Diamond, US Airways Chairman, Delta Gold
I see the Westin Imagine has opted out once again, disappointing.

They did not participate in Q4 and now again in Q1. I wonder why certain properties don't want to participate? Is the cost really that much to them? It is a nice benefit for those who have frequent stays. It certainly is not a right, but if corporate is rolling it out why opt out and not offer it to your loyal customers?
Old Jan 9, 2012, 7:39 am

Programs: QFWP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, HHonors Diamond
I count approximately 400 non-participating properties. Wow.
https://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefe...ml?promoID=B1N
Old Jan 9, 2012, 8:50 am

Programs: FB
Originally Posted by mh3265a
SPG Lurker made it clear that none of the Asia-Pacific properties would be participating because they have a separate promo for Pacific-only going. It's those properties that make this list soooo long....not unexpected IMHO
Asia Pacific, and most of the German hotels. And a good number of other continental European hotels. Which has made this promo completely worthless to me personally, because all of the hotels that I could be staying at during Q1 do not participate in this promo.

I still don't understand why hotels are given the option to opt-out of a promotion.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 9:11 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
There might be some list inflation. For instance the Four Points by Sheraton Brauneck (Germany) is on the list. This is a property that left at the beginning of December. It does not surprise me at all that it is not participating.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 9:16 am

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Rebels

Originally Posted by Febs2
Increasing number of rebels!

Now, when is the next promo for hotels in Asia?
Old Jan 9, 2012, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
just found out that i have a 4 night stay outside of asia this quarter....but as luck would have it, the property i always stay at is not participating....
Old Jan 9, 2012, 10:03 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Accor Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Please forgive a noob a very noob-ish question, as I'm just switching to SPG to chase status, and this is my first promotion. Completed a 3-night stay at a participating hotel today (the first day of the promo). Successfully registered for the promo before checkout. Will the stay count, or is it only likely to count for stays commenced as of the 9th.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Febs2
And it's the increasing trend which causes worry. Will the next one have a majority of all SPG properties NOT participating?
Old Jan 9, 2012, 10:31 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by politico_pk
Please forgive a noob a very noob-ish question, as I'm just switching to SPG to chase status, and this is my first promotion. Completed a 3-night stay at a participating hotel today (the first day of the promo). Successfully registered for the promo before checkout. Will the stay count, or is it only likely to count for stays commenced as of the 9th.
It will still count as long as at least one night of the stay falls within Jan 9 - Apr 8. So assuming you stay tonight at the hotel as part of this stay you will be fine. This is also answered in the FAQs.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 10:51 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
This promotion has now been officially launched. Please see this new thread: SPG Better Nights.

-AZ

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.