Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

SPG 'Better by the Night' Promotion - pre-launch discussion and speculation thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SPG 'Better by the Night' Promotion - pre-launch discussion and speculation thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2012, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by controller1
+1

However, we could be banned from FT for spouting such nonsense.
Originally Posted by Keyser
so true....
Absolute Nonsense!
Old Jan 5, 2012, 7:55 am

Programs: United 1k, SPG Plat & Ambassador, ClubCarlson Concierge
Originally Posted by RAPC
Is the title of the thread not a big enough clue?

Registration opens up on the 9th. Confirmation in this post from Starwood Lurker as well: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/17700253-post102.html
Ugh, sorry. I will suspend my self from FT for 3 days. ;-)
Old Jan 6, 2012, 12:49 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum (Sky Team Elite Plus) / Marriott Ambassador Elite / Singapore Airlines PPS club
Originally Posted by yosithezet
Typically only the base points would be doubled/tripled. You would get 3X the 2 base points per dollar and then get the extra for being Gold. So you would get 7 points per dollar.

We don't know the final T&Cs of this promo, but I can't imagine that this promo would be different than the ones in the past from this aspect.
So how would this work if I have booked a rate which gives me double starpoints already as part of the rate? Let's say the total spend is $500, the rate includes double starpoints and as it's a booking for three nights in a participating property I would qualify for triple points as part of this promo. I am also Gold (so extra points). How many points would I earn in total for this stay??

Cheers
Matt.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 8:09 am

Programs: UA Platinum, US Air Gold, Starwood Platinum
new promo

I checked the first 3 pages of the forum but didn't see this posted, so thought I should spread the word.

If already posted and I missed it, please don't beat up on me, guys! Just trying to help!

Make each stay better by the night,
beginning January 9, 2012.
Introducing our next Starpoints® promotion, SPG® Better by the Night.
Registration begins January 9, 2012 at SPG.com/bythenight.
While some SPG members may have gotten an accidental sneak preview of the offer details and registration over the holidays (our holiday gift to you), rest assured that all SPG members will be able to earn unlimited bonus Starpoints from January 9- April 8, 2012, with our next promotion.
- Earn double Starpoints on two-night stays
- Earn triple Starpoints on stays of three-nights or longer
- Earn on stays at over 750 participating hotels and resorts in North and Latin America, Europe, Africa and the Middle East

So enjoy the rest of the holidays. And Make sure to check back at SPG.com/bythenight beginning January 9, 2012, when registration for SPG Better by the Night officially opens.
Terms & Conditions | Promotion FAQs | Nonparticipating Hotels
Old Jan 6, 2012, 9:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Is this the only "everyone eligible" SPG (at least for domestic US properties) promo for the first couple of months?
Old Jan 6, 2012, 10:39 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
And the updated non-participating list now explicitly lists every Starwood hotel in every country in Asia. Can't fault the idiot-proof clarity and the CYA aspect!
Old Jan 6, 2012, 3:40 pm
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by mgeldere
So how would this work if I have booked a rate which gives me double starpoints already as part of the rate? Let's say the total spend is $500, the rate includes double starpoints and as it's a booking for three nights in a participating property I would qualify for triple points as part of this promo. I am also Gold (so extra points). How many points would I earn in total for this stay??

Cheers
Matt.
The double starpoints would be in addition to the promo (assuming it was participating). So...

$500,- stay = 1000 base, 500 gold bonus, 1000 double pts, and 2000 triple pts for a total of 4500 pts.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 3:42 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefer...HENT_PROMOTION

double points for 2 night stays
triple points for 3 or more nights
at participating properties

no bonus for one night stays.
This link oes not seem iPad compatible.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by craz
Different promos appeals to different people.Fora person who usually has multiple nights per each stay this is a nice benefit of cause to those of us that usually dont have a Stay that is longer then 1 night = nothing to crow about.

So not every promo will appeal to every person. Although I wont be registering for this promo, I think its nice that SPG is thinking and benefiting those who have multiple nights per stay
In wonder why SPG doesn't revert back to it's program where it would offer members an option between programs?
Old Jan 7, 2012, 6:59 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum (Sky Team Elite Plus) / Marriott Ambassador Elite / Singapore Airlines PPS club
Originally Posted by uxb
The double starpoints would be in addition to the promo (assuming it was participating). So...

$500,- stay = 1000 base, 500 gold bonus, 1000 double pts, and 2000 triple pts for a total of 4500 pts.
Thank you!
Old Jan 8, 2012, 5:57 pm

Programs: A few
I have a 7 night stay coming up at the Westin Whistler but it's all on points. I am wondering if my incidental spend will earn 3x?
Old Jan 8, 2012, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by nologic
This link oes not seem iPad compatible.
As noted many times in this thread, including 8 posts ago, the linked page is blank until registration opens.

Last edited by CPRich; Jan 8, 2012 at 8:00 pm
Old Jan 9, 2012, 3:39 am

Programs: FB
Originally Posted by AJLondon
And the updated non-participating list now explicitly lists every Starwood hotel in every country in Asia.
Making it the longest non-participating list I have ever seen! Rather embarassing, actually...
Old Jan 9, 2012, 5:16 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by FrankC6
Making it the longest non-participating list I have ever seen! Rather embarassing, actually...
SPG Lurker made it clear that none of the Asia-Pacific properties would be participating because they have a separate promo for Pacific-only going. It's those properties that make this list soooo long....not unexpected IMHO
Old Jan 9, 2012, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by mh3265a
SPG Lurker made it clear that none of the Asia-Pacific properties would be participating because they have a separate promo for Pacific-only going. It's those properties that make this list soooo long....not unexpected IMHO
please keep in mind that the separate promo is only for those that have a mastercard & is further restricted to only 2 free nights....so not much of a promo....plus, this is a promo asia-pacific has been running for the last few years & they never excluded themselves from the q1 spg promo before....

anyways, you win some & you lose some....no big deal....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.