Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, Abu Dhabi, UAE United Arab Emirates Opened Nov,11

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, Abu Dhabi, UAE United Arab Emirates Opened Nov,11

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2011, 6:21 am
Original Poster

Just got the mail explaining they can't accomodate my Thanksgiving stay

Have been offered the other Abu Dhabi Starwoods as replacements, but I'm not keen having been to them all previously. What are my rights in this situation?
Old Nov 4, 2011, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by brittex
Have been offered the other Abu Dhabi Starwoods as replacements
with a full refund

luxury properties >
yas viceroy
fairmont
(anantara qasr al sarab in desert)
Old Nov 4, 2011, 7:29 am
Original Poster

I used free resort night certificate
Old Nov 14, 2011, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Currently the first date you can book the property on the SPG.com is December 27th. According to Platinum concierge the hotel is open and accepting reservation but sold out until that date....
Old Nov 15, 2011, 4:54 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
They planned to open to catch the F1 business & I understood took bookings accordingly. Did they not open for that
Old Nov 15, 2011, 5:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by NoY
They planned to open to catch the F1 business & I understood took bookings accordingly. Did they not open for that
Don't think that they did. Apparently the hotel is open for business on December 27th. Somehow Park Hyatt was able to open just in time for the Formula 1.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 9:31 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by holtju2
Don't think that they did. Apparently the hotel is open for business on December 27th. Somehow Park Hyatt was able to open just in time for the Formula 1.
Ouch, that must have hurt! Mind you, it was a building site just a few weeks ago!
Old Nov 22, 2011, 4:24 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Dec 27th is still the first day to book per spg. Did online chat and agent couldn't book me any free resort night since the hotel is showing sold out until 27th.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 4:36 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
The Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi just opened and is stunning http://www.abudhabi.park.hyatt.com/h...index.jsp?null

Clearly not *wood, but if you don't want to the stay/night credit, than it's a good alternative.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 5:25 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by m0hamed
The Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi just opened and is stunning http://www.abudhabi.park.hyatt.com/h...index.jsp?null

Clearly not *wood, but if you don't want to the stay/night credit, than it's a good alternative.
I don't care about the stay / night credit. I don't want to pay. I was attempting to use some free resort nights.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 6:04 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Although SPG.com doesn't appear to have any availability until 16th January, the hotel has just confirmed via email that they opened on 26th December and are taking reservations.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 7:26 am

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Any updates / anybody been?

Looks pretty good value

Would love some info on the beaches, thanks
Old Jan 29, 2012, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by terminalfive
Any updates / anybody been?

Looks pretty good value

Would love some info on the beaches, thanks
Bumping the thread
Old Jan 29, 2012, 2:53 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by terminalfive
Bumping the thread
I'll be there in about 10 days if nobody shouts up before then, so will happily feedback. Anything in particular that would be useful to know besides the beaches?
Old Jan 29, 2012, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by RAPC
I'll be there in about 10 days if nobody shouts up before then, so will happily feedback. Anything in particular that would be useful to know besides the beaches?
Going to AUH for 5 days in march on hols and want a decent hotel to relax and enjoy the sun

So decent beach is essential + I like going to the gym so any info on that would be much appreciated

Prices of restaurants and bars would be great to have as well

thanks a lot RAPC^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.