Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, Abu Dhabi, UAE United Arab Emirates Opened Nov,11

St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, Abu Dhabi, UAE United Arab Emirates Opened Nov,11

Old Feb 5, 2014, 2:40 pm

Programs: HHonorsGold, MarriottPlat, BAEC Gold, FlyingBlue Silver
@aussielorie - did you use SNAs or did they upgrade without that far ahead? Just booked and wondering I should use SNAs or not.....
Old Mar 20, 2014, 4:31 am

Programs: HHonorsGold, MarriottPlat, BAEC Gold, FlyingBlue Silver
I can now confirm that those upgrades days before arrival happen without SNAs. I actually had requested an upgrade with SNAs, but already 6 days before arrival I got bumped up to a St Regis suite without taking the SNA that I've subsequently cancelled back into my account.
St Regis suite is in essence just a much larger room with a massive bathroom. The Ocean Suites are more proper 2-room suites with much more outdoor space as well.
Platinum Breakfast is full breakfast!
Old Oct 14, 2014, 7:22 pm
Community Director Emerita

There is a food/shopping area called The Collection that is partially open across from the lobby. We ate at an Indian restaurant that was superb. It's called Avasa and is billed as having contemporary Indian cuisine. If you enjoy Indian food, I highly recommend it.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 1:48 am
JK

Programs: BA Gold / OnBusiness, SPG Lifetime Plat 100, AmEx Centurion & BAPP, Superking Westin Heavenly Bed :)
Thank you SanDiego1K! We're there next week, and are going to book this now! It's also Diwali next week, so hopefully they still have a table left, and some specials in the works!

Just hoping my Ocean Suite SNA clears now... First time I've used any of my SNAs since first getting them, so kind of nervous... We shall see!
Old Oct 15, 2014, 4:30 am
JK

Programs: BA Gold / OnBusiness, SPG Lifetime Plat 100, AmEx Centurion & BAPP, Superking Westin Heavenly Bed :)
YES! Just got an email confirming Ocean Suite for next week (on a points redemption). Hooray! My first ever successful SNA!! I'm so happy!!
Old Oct 15, 2014, 4:31 am
JK

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
There is a food/shopping area called The Collection that is partially open across from the lobby. We ate at an Indian restaurant that was superb. It's called Avasa and is billed as having contemporary Indian cuisine. If you enjoy Indian food, I highly recommend it.
Just tried to book for next week, but they're asking me if I prefer indoor, outdoor, or semi-outdoor seating... Any recommendations?
Old Oct 15, 2014, 8:24 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by JK
Just tried to book for next week, but they're asking me if I prefer indoor, outdoor, or semi-outdoor seating... Any recommendations?
Indoor. It was 100 degrees F last week. And there is no view outside.

Order the mango salad. And the carrot halwah (which isn't on the menu, but they have it).
Old Oct 15, 2014, 11:43 pm
JK

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Indoor. It was 100 degrees F last week. And there is no view outside.

Order the mango salad. And the carrot halwah (which isn't on the menu, but they have it).
Thank you! All booked, and order prepared!
Old Jan 13, 2015, 3:57 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Bump. Any recent reviews? Tossing up this hotel, the Park Hyatt and Hyatt Capital Gate.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 4:03 am

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Bump. Any recent reviews? Tossing up this hotel, the Park Hyatt and Hyatt Capital Gate.
I stayed there for the 4th time in early December, it's as nice as ever.
If you have a specific question, feel free to PM me (or ask it on the forum, I'll be happy to answer).
Old Jan 13, 2015, 4:45 am
JK

I was there in October/November. I'm a poor Trip Report-er, but happy to answer any questions?

I'm SPG Plat, and had booked the lowest category room. Upgraded to Ocean View Suite (just an amazing room) with a large balcony on the 1st floor, that overlooked the main swimming pool. SPG Plat breakfast is at Olea, which again, is just brilliant. A huge spread of food items, including for a fussy vegetarian like myself. Managed to find 5 different things to eat each of the 5 days, which for me is a rarity in any hotel!

Pool is fantastic, and the adults-only area is also a nice place to hang out. Both my kids spent a lot of time at the kids club, but also with us by the main pool. The beach area is nice too. Lots of shells, so take flip flops, but lovely to just hang out at, and nice and clean.

The Collection across the lobby (literally) is also a welcome addition since my last visit. Has several restaurants, all very different, and a small supermarket for essentials and snacks. Spent a lot of time at Baskin Robbins there.

Staff are simply incredible. They really got to know us (and especially my young kids) which helped make it feel extra special, especially for them.

I'm not sure what else you'd like to know, but I'd highly recommend a stay here for anyone. Sadly, it's a bit busier than it was when I first went, so it can be difficult to get sun beds near the pool at times - but if you can cope with snagging one early, or not needing one all the time - it's just a fantastic place. I will return, guaranteed. My favourite SPG property that I've stayed at so far (and I've stayed in hundreds). That said, staying at StR Bali soon, so interested to see how it compares. Prior to finding this property, we'd always lean towards Dubai. Since we first stayed here, we've not been back to Dubai even once.

Hope you're able to go there, and enjoy as great a stay as we've had.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 4:52 am

Originally Posted by JK
I was there in October/November. I'm a poor Trip Report-er, but happy to answer any questions?

I'm SPG Plat, and had booked the lowest category room. Upgraded to Ocean View Suite (just an amazing room) with a large balcony on the 1st floor, that overlooked the main swimming pool. SPG Plat breakfast is at Olea, which again, is just brilliant. A huge spread of food items, including for a fussy vegetarian like myself. Managed to find 5 different things to eat each of the 5 days, which for me is a rarity in any hotel!

Pool is fantastic, and the adults-only area is also a nice place to hang out. Both my kids spent a lot of time at the kids club, but also with us by the main pool. The beach area is nice too. Lots of shells, so take flip flops, but lovely to just hang out at, and nice and clean.

The Collection across the lobby (literally) is also a welcome addition since my last visit. Has several restaurants, all very different, and a small supermarket for essentials and snacks. Spent a lot of time at Baskin Robbins there.

Staff are simply incredible. They really got to know us (and especially my young kids) which helped make it feel extra special, especially for them.

I'm not sure what else you'd like to know, but I'd highly recommend a stay here for anyone. Sadly, it's a bit busier than it was when I first went, so it can be difficult to get sun beds near the pool at times - but if you can cope with snagging one early, or not needing one all the time - it's just a fantastic place. I will return, guaranteed. My favourite SPG property that I've stayed at so far (and I've stayed in hundreds). That said, staying at StR Bali soon, so interested to see how it compares. Prior to finding this property, we'd always lean towards Dubai. Since we first stayed here, we've not been back to Dubai even once.

Hope you're able to go there, and enjoy as great a stay as we've had.
Thanks for putting my thoughts into words, JK..., I can confirm everything you've written.
I also stayed in an Ocean Suite (on the sixth floor), it's brilliant indeed.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 5:00 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Thank you JK and John Rain. We generally stay at Park Hyatt and St Regis. Looking at booking the StR Suite, but looking at the TR photos it doesn't look that impressive? It also appears to be a junior suite and we definitely require a separate bedroom and living room (it means I can sleep while partner watches TV).

I would book the Park Hyatt but the rates are over $1,500 USD. Either they are almost fully booked or sales have forgot to load their rates for the end of the year.

We're doing DXB for 4 nights so we would arrive to AUH in the AM, do the Falcon Hospital and Sheikh Zayed Masjid before flying out the next morning.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 5:05 am

Originally Posted by m0hamed
Thank you JK and John Rain. We generally stay at Park Hyatt and St Regis. Looking at booking the StR Suite, but looking at the TR photos it doesn't look that impressive?

I would book the Park Hyatt but the rates are over $1,500 USD. Either they are almost fully booked or sales have forgot to load their rates for the end of the year.
I once stayed in a StR Suite as well, it's very nice, just much smaller than the Ocean Suite (although the bathroom is the same size). If you need a separate room, then you have to book the Oceean Suite, as the StR suite doesn't have that. In the end it's a question of personal taste, the Park Hyatt (which I visited) is more minimalistic, the StR is more grand and the rooms have a colonial & sea theme.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 5:10 am
JK

As an SPG Plat, you'd also have the chance that you book the Suite, and get upgraded to Ocean View Suite anyway (which is what's happened to us every time we've stayed). SNA's also clear to Ocean View Suites if you have any?

Appreciate it's a risk you might not want to take - but worth taking into consideration.

Perhaps also wait until tomorrow to see if the StR Saadiyat appears for a Hot Escapes rate? Not sure when you're planning on going, but they do tend to have offers on at reasonable rates.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.