Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points Barcelona Diagonal, Spain [Master Thread]

Four Points Barcelona Diagonal, Spain [Master Thread]

Old Nov 15, 2016, 1:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by estnet
Totally agree on sameness and dull, but since they don't have in room tea/coffee makers and I'm a teaholic it makes sense just for a few cups of tea in the am)
If you notice the cloves of fresh garlic - you can make your own pan tomate (spelling?) , toast bread, cut garlic and rub on bread and get freshly made tomato puree from the cold table First time I had ever seen garlic cloves on a buffet and had to ask why!
If you have status and are upgraded, some of the rooms now have coffee makers. The staff at the bar are also perfectly happy to provide hot water for tea.

Don't let my catalan friends see you call pa amb tomquet "pan con tomate" though.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 6:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM, Bonvoy Titanium Elite Lifer, Hertz Prez
How generous are they with room upgrades? Looking at booking a room next month for a week and least expensive of course is the two singles room (that push together for king). This is also the room for cash+points and points.

Looks like there is corner king and executive rooms available so far for my dates. I'm a platinum lifer...
Old Jan 5, 2017, 8:11 pm

How generous are they with room upgrades? Looking at booking a room next month for a week and least expensive of course is the two singles room (that push together for king). This is also the room for cash+points and points.
There's no big difference beside a better view from higher floors.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 1:10 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by magendim

Looks like there is corner king and executive rooms available so far for my dates. I'm a platinum lifer...
The one time I was there as a Plat they upgraded me to their best room even though they were sold out one of the days of my stay.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 6:14 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Stayed here a couple of times last week. It was at very high occupancy and at times completely sold out. One time I was upgraded to a very long room at the end of the hotel and the other time I was in a high floor conventional room (which I believe are sold as "Premium). I am pretty confident these were indeed "best available" rooms.

Like others here, I really like this hotel. It's an example of what a solid 4* no frills hotel can be. Rooms are spacious, furniture is solid and fresh, if not luxurious. Check-in staff are great, and showed how good they were after I showed up with a completely messed up reservation with days missing and some for entirely the wrong month. The restaurant is solid and good value and the bar team were fantastic, with one of the bartenders being a recent transfer from the Le Meridien.

It is out of the centre of town, but it's a 15min bus ride, with the bus right outside the hotel and a taxi rank also immediately outside. It is walking distance from the beach, and the neighbourhood of Le Poblenou has some fantastic local restaurants.

At rates which are the moment are usually well south of 100, this is one of the best value SPG hotels in Europe I've stayed at.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
A few days ago, I was told that "we look forward to upgrading you to the new rooms on the 11th floor once they're done".

I didn't really get any specifics, and they are already ripping out some of the bathtubs to install showers, but I'm curious to see if they're adding suites or something.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 8:56 am

Programs: UA platinum, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by craigthemif
A few days ago, I was told that "we look forward to upgrading you to the new rooms on the 11th floor once they're done".

I didn't really get any specifics, and they are already ripping out some of the bathtubs to install showers, but I'm curious to see if they're adding suites or something.
I tried the model room in the 10th floor, and the new rooms are the same rooms, but they are changing the colors of the room to light grey in the seaside and dark grey in the city side, the floor will be grey too. And now i don't remember if the furniture was black.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 7:23 pm

Agree with others, very solid hotel and a nice neighborhood. As Plat 100 got upgraded to the executive king from the 2 singles as king that I booked. Nice enough breakfast. Wonky internet, but they were working on it while I was there (sign up in lobby and elevators). Seemed better post the work. Looking forward to staying again.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 11:17 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
How strict is this hotel wrt asking to see a badge when using a corporate code? My wife will arrive 1 day before me so she will not have my company badge as proof.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 6:35 pm

Programs: UA 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium
Fiance stayed here for a week and I honestly wish I had gone with her (to prevent this issue from happening). On the second to last day she left her GoPro on the table in the room and it was stolen by either housekeeping or perhaps housekeeping bolted the door open and someone snuck in. Front desk said the manager would contact her about the issue and they would review who accessed the room while she was out.

It's been over 4 days now without any contact at all and I doubt the manager was even notified. Lesson learned for her is to use the safe in the future, but I find the lack of response from the hotel unacceptable and am planning to send an email to corporate.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 5:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, IHG Elite KLM Flying Blue,
Pictures and review of a warm and comfy stay in the Four Points Barcelona.

Recently I stayed for two nights in the Four Points Barcelona. I took a taxi, which is around 10 15 euros from plaza Cataluna. I did not like to take the Metro, its a hassle with a suitcase and all the steps up and downin the underground corridors.
I recieved a very warm welcome back greeting and the manager on duty came around to greet me. It was a really a nice arrival.

Until now I did not like to stay longer but after my last stays I did like the hotel. I have stayed in the executive room with some extras, what made my stay somewhat more comfy.

This time I had the same executive room but now, on my request, with a very comfy seat. It made my stay much more comfortable and all executive/cornerrooms should offer a comfy seat. It made my stay perfect. Its nice to have a coffee and read a paper, a book or relax in a comfy seat.
I noticed the old bedlights were replaced by modern ones and the rppm offered a larger flarsceen tv, both weres a great improvement.

I liked the spaciousness of the room. I do regret these rooms do not offer a bathroom with bathtub as they used to. The showercabine is a little cramped.

When I wanted to have a coffee, I did not know how to make a cup with this new coffeemachine. At home I have a Nespresso, but this machine was very different. So I called the reception. Mrs. Andrea tried to help me but without succes. So she offered to help me and came to my room. She tried and I tried again.. no manuel available.
She went away to get some help. Finally she came back with the barman. In a minute he showed us how it worked. The coffee capsule had to be placed inside and the tiny handle had to be pushedin a very forcefull way, one has to push the handle hard, very hard. I did not dare to do it since it was of plastic and thought it would be broken if I handled it with force.
Two or three different kind of capsule where delivered with the machine. It was for me not clear which one was the dark roast or the light one. Mrs. Greta could not tell me either. The barman did know it for sure. So I was relieved and could finally have a coffee. I had to drink it up in a paper cup.. It strange no decent coffeecup or mug is offered. It better to drink and its much better for our environment. Hope the hotel will change this, for a greener world.

I did not have dinner in the restaurant. I do not like the ambiance and interior so much. For me it feels like a cantine, with the big tv screen and bar.
Many restaurants in the area and when taking the tram it brings you to a lively neighborhood/shoppingmall, Diagonal Mar.

The first night I was tired so I had a very good sleep in the comfy Kingbed. I do not like the Fourpoints quality/odeur of the bathamenities so much so I used my own.
Plenty of towels available. The Showercabin is too cramped for me.

I did not have breakfast since I had an early departure for Girona with the AVE (Renfe) train.
In the evening I had a nice organic dinner in the city.

This night I could not sleep. The room was very warm despite the AC. I could only turn it to 18 degrees but it was so hot. I did have a blanket on my requests but I guess it was not a cotton one. So I opened the small room. However, during the weekend the tram while ride during the night and this kept me awake. Even with the window closed it disturbed my sleep. So next time I guess I have to ask for a higher floor

Breakfast was very busy, the area even feels a little cramped with so many guests and tables. I noticed how professional the staff was. Though guests had their strong preferences, as I did for a table at the window, they tried to cope with it. Staff stayed friendly, helpfull and acted very efficient and organized. Some guests from India had many requests, f.i. regarding their Indian noodles and sauce, but the waitress stayed calm, friendly and explained what was possible to do. Though these guests were persistent and tried to get what they wanted ( which was not on the buffet) the waitress stayed very helpfull and professional.
I did not know how to get coffee with only a little bit of milk and though it was so busy the friendly waiter offered me to make me a double espresso con leche. The coffee was great and I was pleased with this kind of service in a Four Points hotel.
The buffet is ok, more or less the same as before, I did not like the quality of the cold cut meat so much.

As always I make a Green Choice and give my points to Unicef.
This time I noticed the maid made up my bed and room. I tried to connect with the reception and mrs. Greta from Italy told me too wait. I was kept on hold for half an hour and was disconnected. So I went down and had a talk with her. She apologized, since the system was overloaded with calls I was disconnected. And since she was an intern she did not know what to do. She was the same person who helped me with the coffeemachine and I have had some talks with her. I experienced her as a very warm, helpful and professional receptionist who goes one step further for a guest. A true Italian star of Starwood!

I had a nice stay in the Four Points Barcelona, especially since I had this comfy chair in my room. And since I liked the warm attitude of the personnel so much, especially of mrs. Greta. It was very different from my stays before, when I did not feel this warm attitude at all.
Next time I should have a executive room on a higher floor or on the backside, so in the weekend the noise of the tram will not disturb my sleep.
I do hope the AC will be fixes, since it was too hot in my room.
I want to thank the reception for the warm, helpfull and professional attitude I encountered during my stay

Old Oct 16, 2017, 1:39 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Stayed here a couple of times last week. It was at very high occupancy and at times completely sold out. One time I was upgraded to a very long room at the end of the hotel and the other time I was in a high floor conventional room (which I believe are sold as "Premium). I am pretty confident these were indeed "best available" rooms.

Like others here, I really like this hotel. It's an example of what a solid 4* no frills hotel can be. Rooms are spacious, furniture is solid and fresh, if not luxurious. Check-in staff are great, and showed how good they were after I showed up with a completely messed up reservation with days missing and some for entirely the wrong month. The restaurant is solid and good value and the bar team were fantastic, with one of the bartenders being a recent transfer from the Le Meridien.

It is out of the centre of town, but it's a 15min bus ride, with the bus right outside the hotel and a taxi rank also immediately outside. It is walking distance from the beach, and the neighbourhood of Le Poblenou has some fantastic local restaurants.

At rates which are the moment are usually well south of 100, this is one of the best value SPG hotels in Europe I've stayed at.
Spent the last weekend there and I would pretty much mirror the comments above. As gold I got a room in the higher floors. The shower cabin is fine. The AC was rather cold, even when set to 21C. In our case the breakfast was included, (thank you GE rate) so we used it. It was basic and OK for being free. The servers offered the guests who had to pay for breakfast the option to order a la carte.

Transportation options are great, the L1 is a short 5 min walk away, the L4 maybe 10 min away. We used the 92 bus to get to Parc Guell. I really liked staying in a residential area, the gothic quarter was packed even in the off season. If you know where to look there are tons of little eateries around the hotel.
Old May 27, 2018, 1:02 pm

Planning to stay in July , does the spg gold members get free breakfast? With the family, so wondering should I book this or stick with Hilton Barcelona?
Old May 27, 2018, 1:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, IHG Elite KLM Flying Blue,
I am lifetime Gold, have been many times here for just one night. but never had free breakfast. When you book it in advance you will have a small discount on the low price. For the low price the breakfast is really ok. Service and service is friendly and professional.
I.m.o. I think you cannot compare the Hilton hotel with the FP Barcelona.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 11:06 pm

Stayed here for 4 nights while visiting Barcelona for the first time.
I found the balance between the location from the city center vs price to be just about right. The location is easily served by the L1 metro (Glories station, about 10 mins walk) and the #7 bus (stops literally right in front of the hotel and goes all the way to the city center). #14 bus is also nearby (3 mins walk) that will take you to el born, ramblas and barceloneta area.
Lots of shops (shopping mall about 6 mins walk with a Carrefour). There's a 24hr supermercat nearby (2 mins walk), just exit the hotel and turn left, cross 1 street and you should see it. Neighborhood is very safe to walk at night with lots of neighborhood type restaurants and sidewalk seating.
Personally i wouldn't bother with the hotel breakfast at 15 euros, way better options nearby for cheaper.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.