Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points Barcelona Diagonal, Spain [Master Thread]

Four Points Barcelona Diagonal, Spain [Master Thread]

Old Aug 30, 2016, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by ftrbt
If you expect to walk or take transit, you'll much prefer the 4P location (1 minute walk to tram versus 20 minute walk to metro for W). If you expect to take cabs/drive then W will provide a better view and a beach for an evening swim.
thanks for the input, we're going there in November. Would we even be able to utilize the beach or pools or would it be too cold by then?
Old Aug 30, 2016, 9:38 am

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
I've tried to get thru all the posts....

...but never seemed to find anything definitive.
What is the best public transit option for getting downtown?
We have an event at the Le M on our first day in BCN and I would like to use public transit for all my touristic needs if possible.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by HomerJ
What is the best public transit option for getting downtown?
We have an event at the Le M on our first day in BCN and I would like to use public transit for all my touristic needs if possible.
From 4P Le Męridien? Metro from Glňries to Plaça Catalunya, cross the square and walk down La Rambla to LM.

If you don't want to walk from the hotel to Glňries you can take the tram for one (or 2?) stop(s). And buy a T-10 travel card for 9,95€. That way tram + metro is just one trip on the 10 trip card. (You can share the card. Just pass it through the machine once for each person.)
Old Aug 30, 2016, 11:51 am

Gracias.....

Old Aug 30, 2016, 12:18 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by Koby
From 4P Le Męridien? Metro from Glňries to Plaça Catalunya, cross the square and walk down La Rambla to LM.

If you don't want to walk from the hotel to Glňries you can take the tram for one (or 2?) stop(s). And buy a T-10 travel card for 9,95€. That way tram + metro is just one trip on the 10 trip card. (You can share the card. Just pass it through the machine once for each person.)
there is also a bus service from the other road going to downtown.

taxi ride from dowtown is around EUR10-15 which is quite decent I think.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 1:05 pm

You're right...

...that's not bad at all. i guess the 4P is closer to downtown than we thought.
Appreciate the input.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 3:33 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by lingua101
there is also a bus service from the other road going to downtown.

taxi ride from dowtown is around EUR10-15 which is quite decent I think.
There is a bus (?#7) across the street and a 1 minute walk to the left that goes within a 5 minute walk of the LM) The bus stops almost in front of the hotel on the way back, no stairs, no changing, much more convenient than tram/train. Front desk will be more than willing to help.
Bus is also 1 trip on t-10 (which can also be purchased at the airport if you take the train from airport to downtown - if you do you can get off at Clot 1 stop past the main train station. It is about a 5-10 minute walk to the hotel It is also 1 trip on the T10 an amazingly cheap way to get from the airport to the hotel)
Old Aug 31, 2016, 9:35 am

Once again appreciate all the advice....

....I was wondering if I made the right decision to stay at the 4P instead of the LM or W because it was so much cheaper, but after these posts I am thinking I made the right decision.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 10:00 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Originally Posted by HomerJ
....I was wondering if I made the right decision to stay at the 4P instead of the LM or W because it was so much cheaper, but after these posts I am thinking I made the right decision.
I stayed there is June. Loved it.

I had an event the the Arts hotel...I took the tram and/or metro everywhere I went. Restaurants and bars are plentiful on the walking street the hotel is on.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 2:39 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, AA EXP, UA 1K
Does the 3.5 daily upsell fee for the warm (full) buffet apply to plats?

Originally Posted by econ
Was there earlier in the month. Other hot food options were sausages & bacon as part of the buffet.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mohan12
Does the 3.5 daily upsell fee for the warm (full) buffet apply to plats?
Upsell fee is not an accurate description. Platinums have access to the entire buffet, hot and cold.

There is a charge for ordering eggs a la carte. Never really seen anybody do that, or asked myself in the dozens of times I've stayed here. This is because there are scrambled eggs as part of the buffet and so I can't be bothered to wait for somebody to make me some eggs and then argue about whether I ought to pay for it...
Old Nov 13, 2016, 8:48 pm

Besides scrambled eggs on the buffet I think there are also hardboiled eggs where the fruit is (and yes Plats get the whole buffet if you choose this instead of the 250 points - if more than one nights stay it's practically a crime not to choose the breakfast unless you want to sleep through it or...)
Old Nov 14, 2016, 8:54 am

Great property...

...great 'hood, lots of resto choices close by.
Rooms on the small side but u wont be spending much time in them.
My only complaint is no chairs (other than the desk/office chair) to sit in.
Minor issue I know.
Would recommend.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 9:13 am

The buffet breakfast is well worth forgoing the 250 points for 2 nights or longer: however, it becomes very dull after a few days. They don't vary it at all: same sausages, same cheese selection, same vegetable dish. Tasty but dull.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by paolo64
The buffet breakfast is well worth forgoing the 250 points for 2 nights or longer: however, it becomes very dull after a few days. They don't vary it at all: same sausages, same cheese selection, same vegetable dish. Tasty but dull.
Totally agree on sameness and dull, but since they don't have in room tea/coffee makers and I'm a teaholic it makes sense just for a few cups of tea in the am)
If you notice the cloves of fresh garlic - you can make your own pan tomate (spelling?) , toast bread, cut garlic and rub on bread and get freshly made tomato puree from the cold table First time I had ever seen garlic cloves on a buffet and had to ask why!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.