Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Méridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa, Thailand [Master Thread]

Le Méridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa, Thailand [Master Thread]

Old Mar 7, 2012, 11:36 pm

Programs: A few.
Hello all.
Staying in an oceanfront pool villa for 7 days in May? Any pointers on best location of the seven villas. Thanks
Old Mar 8, 2012, 5:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by holtju2
These two hotels are aimed at two distinctively different clientele. Conrad is secluded and luxurious, and LM is perfectly fine hotel closer to the action.

I don't think that you can really compare the two. Conrad probably costs two to three times the price of the LM.
Agreed.

I would compare the Conrad more closely to the Six Senses, Four Seasons, or the W in terms of pricing.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 1:45 pm
Used to be RichardKopf

Programs: SPG LTP/IHG Pl/Hilton D/Shang-Taj D/VA Plat/QFClub/Hertz Pres/Avis Pres
Originally Posted by Precision1
Hello all.
Staying in an oceanfront pool villa for 7 days in May? Any pointers on best location of the seven villas. Thanks
The one closest to the main pool will be noisy at night. Your bathroom would be on the other side of the wall from the pool showers and the band will be heard, along with any noisy diners. On the other hand, this villa has no common wall with another.

Take mosquito repellent. The outdoor bathroom is a successful bloodsuckers' haven.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 2:23 pm

Programs: LAN, AA, SPG
Originally Posted by RichardKopf
The one closest to the main pool will be noisy at night. Your bathroom would be on the other side of the wall from the pool showers and the band will be heard, along with any noisy diners. On the other hand, this villa has no common wall with another.

Take mosquito repellent. The outdoor bathroom is a successful bloodsuckers' haven.
Thanks for that reply (even if I wasn't the one asking!). So would the villa next to the pool also be the closest one to Beach Republic (and all their noise) or is that on the other side of the resort?
Old Mar 8, 2012, 8:04 pm

Programs: A few.
Thanks fro me too. Great points.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 8:53 pm
Used to be RichardKopf

Programs: SPG LTP/IHG Pl/Hilton D/Shang-Taj D/VA Plat/QFClub/Hertz Pres/Avis Pres
Originally Posted by phlashba
Thanks for that reply (even if I wasn't the one asking!). So would the villa next to the pool also be the closest one to Beach Republic (and all their noise) or is that on the other side of the resort?
The villa closest to the pool is also the one closest to Beach Republic, which only bothered us for 1 night in 3. I used earplugs.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 9:01 pm

That is good to know ---- THANKS again RichardKopf!
Old Apr 2, 2012, 9:58 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite
Hi there,

just booked 4 nights for end of August. Are there any recent experience regarding the free breakfast for plats and what upgrade you can expect as a Plat?

I'm thinking about using some of my SNA for this stay. The upgrade option is "Pool Access Suite" - but as I understand from other posts, these rooms lack privacy. Is this true? Are the "Plunge Pool Suite" the better option. What is your opinion?
Old Apr 10, 2012, 2:46 pm

Having recently stayed there I can tell you, take nothing for granted. No guarantees. Most important advice is to avoid the Verandah Suite! If that's what you're headed for try to get a Terrace Suite which has an outdoor balcony. The Verandah Suite is poorly conceived with no view from the outdoor "room" and a low overhang roof. To see the sky one must bend down and look out and up. The bedroom is very dark. Just a bad room where you will want to spend little time. Also from what I hear the Plunge Pool Suites aren't much better either. You have a small, cold water plunge pool. Just go out and use the common pool which is nice. The Pool Access Suites looked pretty good to me. You should get breakfast comped and a couple of drinks each night at happy hour. My experience was just bad as I was not recognized as Platinum (which I am) and it was a struggle from there on. If you are you should be ok. JUST SAY NO TO THE VERANDAH SUITE
Old Apr 10, 2012, 11:38 pm
Used to be RichardKopf

Originally Posted by zemb
I'm thinking about using some of my SNA for this stay. The upgrade option is "Pool Access Suite" - but as I understand from other posts, these rooms lack privacy. Is this true? Are the "Plunge Pool Suite" the better option. What is your opinion?
I didn't like the Plunge Pool 'Suite" much. It's dark, and weird. A bedroom at the front, bathroom at the back, and a tiny plunge pool in the middle. You have to walk down the narrowish side of the pool to get between rooms. I can imagine accidents going to the bathroom in a sleepy stupor.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 3:37 am

Does anybody know, if it is possible to upgrade to a Pavilion Pool Villa using points or cash? I have a C+P reservation for a Verandah Suite and used my SNAs for the stay. Unfortunately with SNA only Pool Access Suite are available...

Thanks!
Old Jun 26, 2012, 6:49 am

Does anybody know, if it is possible to upgrade to a Pavilion Pool Villa using points or cash? I have a C+P reservation for a Verandah Suite and used my SNAs for the stay. Unfortunately with SNA only Pool Access Suite are available...

Thanks!
I believe you can pay a supplement to assure the upgrade. Just write directly to the hotel with your request. I have found them to be very responsive.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 7:58 am

Did you use any specific email addy (e.g. GM, FD manager) or just the normal one showed on their homepage?
Old Jun 26, 2012, 8:29 am

Did you use any specific email addy (e.g. GM, FD manager) or just the normal one showed on their homepage?
Just the general email should do.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 10:06 pm
Used to be RichardKopf

Thanks!
Check with the hotel directly, but I feel you may do better by cancelling the C&P and using SPG50, which is about 15000+++ for the pool villa (this is what I paid over New Year).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.