Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Southwest + Starwood complimentary gold invitation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2011, 3:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat

My wife received an invitation today to "activate a complimentary SPG Gold membership" and start receiving Rapid Rewards points for every Starwood stay (600 RR per stay + 1000 RR between May 1 - Aug 31, up to 10k total). She's an existing Southwest RR member but not SPG, though she is an AU on my SPG Amex.

I'm a bit confused by the promotion, mainly because I was under the impression that SPG + Southwest were no longer point partners. The terms state that points must be earned via Airline Direct Deposit. Does SPG -> WN still work for ADD?

Seems like a no-brainer...she doesn't have an existing SPG account, so might as well pick up SPG Gold + the extra RR points for any upcoming paid SPG stays for us. Anyone seen a similar promo?

Link from invitation is www.spg.com/gold10000SW
I tried with my SPG # out of curiosity but it said I was ineligible (already gold).

Last edited by nkedge; May 13, 2011 at 4:05 pm
Old May 13, 2011, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
I received Comped gold notification in the mail today. I almost threw it out thinking it was a credit card offer. I have no idea why i received it. I've only stayed one time in the last year and that was two weekends ago for FTU. The code at the end of mine was Gold10000.
Old May 13, 2011, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
This was reported over on the USAir board as well.

My wife received it with no co-branding.
Old May 16, 2011, 7:56 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I got this too -- but I'm already a gold member via Amex Plat. I guess I can sign up just for the southwest bonus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.