Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bye-bye SPG, it's been a great 10+ years!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2011, 8:36 am
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
Originally Posted by mp007
I don't want a big discussion.

Eeeks.

Last edited by Zurich Flyer; Apr 7, 2011 at 8:56 am
Old Apr 7, 2011, 8:42 am

bye, but looking forward to see you back in future.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 8:44 am
Suspended

Question

but honestly, let's go to fact #3,

I always wonder

WHY in the world

does some guy

write and whimper and simmer in the forum

about being only a gold member now?
Old Apr 7, 2011, 8:48 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, AC Elite, Airmiles Gold, Hertz Gold Plus Rewards
Originally Posted by acelite
I joined SPG as a Gold member in 1997. I reached and maintained Platinum since about 2002.

I was downgraded to SPG Gold this year for the first time. I have to admit is was hard to take.
Have you tried at least to plea your case with CS? There is an e-mail you can send to ask for an exception/status match/comp status, etc. Strange by itself though -- long time Plat members are usually offered a complimantary Plat status when they fall a bit short in a given year -- happened to me in 2010, to my friend 2011. Unless you were already given one in previous years -- you cannot it two years in a row.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 8:48 am

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
Ever heard of a mattress run?

Seriously?
Old Apr 7, 2011, 8:50 am

Programs: Delta SM Million Miler | Miles & More | Bonvoy Gold | HHonors Diamond | AMEX Centurion | PC Platinum
Originally Posted by milaohu
bye, but looking forward to see you back in future.
See U soon. Or not.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 8:57 am
Suspended

Talking

Originally Posted by Medved
Have you tried at least to plea your case with CS? There is an e-mail you can send to ask for an exception/status match/comp status, etc. Strange by itself though -- long time Plat members are usually offered a complimantary Plat status when they fall a bit short in a given year -- happened to me in 2010, to my friend 2011. Unless you were already given one in previous years -- you cannot it two years in a row.

But whyyyyy? The short cut of night and stay makes one to fall down in the level @:-)

If a certain level wants to be achieved, it must be slept in the hotel
Old Apr 7, 2011, 9:01 am

Programs: Hy Glob,Choice Dia, MR TIT,IHG SPR,HH Dia, Wyn Dia, UA Sil, WN Alis, Hert 5*, National EE
I would not of missed it if I was at 20.

You could of easily found sub $100 nights at fourpoints/aloft and with the double stay promo it would of cost you $300.

Plus if you would of spent a little time you could probably get a pricematch and pick up 2000 SPG points/stay plus your plat amenity and base points it would not of cost much time or money to requalify.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 9:06 am

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
One less Platinum to Acquire my Potential Suite Upgrade.

If the OP could not manage 25 Stays when Oct/Nov/Dec 2009 also double counted for 2010 and his own local city has rooms at around $120 a night at weekends, then really the OP does not deserve my Free Suite Upgrade.

Just enjoyed $45 a Night plus 2800 Points at the $250 a Night Westin Grand Cape Town [No longer available as its now Cat 4].

This hotel has the finest Executive Lounge I have ever encountered.

May the OP enjoy their Smaller Gold Room at Hilton.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 9:14 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, AC Elite, Airmiles Gold, Hertz Gold Plus Rewards
Originally Posted by Zurich Flyer
But whyyyyy? The short cut of night and stay makes one to fall down in the level @:-)

If a certain level wants to be achieved, it must be slept in the hotel
I don't know acelite's particular situation last year or future plans. But you cannot treat 10+ years uninterrupted experience Plat member same way as 2 years member. And based on my personal experience, SPG doesn't. That is whyyyy...
Old Apr 7, 2011, 9:29 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by stallion114
I would not of missed it if I was at 20.

You could of easily found sub $100 nights at fourpoints/aloft and with the double stay promo it would of cost you $300.

Plus if you would of spent a little time you could probably get a pricematch and pick up 2000 SPG points/stay plus your plat amenity and base points it would not of cost much time or money to requalify.

Right, right, I pay ALL of my 25 SPG stays and 28 HHonors stays and 25 Hyatt stays out of my own pocket. Thus, I have no understanding for such whimmering people "oh, I am five nights short, why did I not get the Pla status free of charge". AAARGH
Old Apr 7, 2011, 10:19 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Right, right, I pay ALL of my 25 SPG stays and 28 HHonors stays and 25 Hyatt stays out of my own pocket. Thus, I have no understanding for such whimmering people "oh, I am five nights short, why did I not get the Pla status free of charge". AAARGH
Please, who are you kidding.

We all know that you have been comped numerous times in order to achieve top status at various programs...

25 stays at Hyatt, as a LH HON ? Didn't you take the challenge recently ?

Either you are milking the programs only to a very very limited extent or you are plain lying in various forums...
Old Apr 7, 2011, 10:43 am
Suspended

Comped? Yes, when I first became a SPG Plat a couple of years ago, I was matched. But this works only one time @:-)

Hyatt; yes, this year only 12 nights because of the LH HON. Nevertheless, this is also a one time thing. I guess.

To come back to the basics: Who doesn't spend enough nights/stays hasn't earned the highest status. That's why he will fall back one level (or more) :-)
Old Apr 7, 2011, 1:46 pm

This is like your Pla match -- may only work maybe once or twice in 10 years. Rare ocasions. And nothing is guaranteed -- one may try, may be rejected too.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 2:12 pm

Programs: DL DM & MM, Hilton Diamond, IC Plt Amb , Marriott LTP, Hertz President's Circle
What not true? I think it is very true.

He, the OP, the gold gets the standard rooms and I, the famous Zurich Flyer, the Plat, get the suites

PS: We from Hilton understand that every traveler has his choice. Me, the customers understand this well, and this is why SPG is amongs my preferred hotels and Hilton is only my second or third or fourth choice

Took the words right out of my mouth Z Flyer!!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.