Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

[ENDED 30 June 2018] Elite "Thank You You've Made My Stay" certificates

Old Jul 3, 2015, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
The Elite Thank You program ended on December 31, 2017. You have until June 30, 2018, to award your Thank You certificates to SPG associates.

A great way to say thanks -

You expect and deserve outstanding service from SPG®. So when an associate goes above and beyond to make your stay, it’s nice to have a special way to express your thanks.

That’s what Elite Thank You certificates are all about. Print yours now to make the day of every deserving SPG associate who receives one.

Remember: All SPG associates and customer care agents are eligible to receive Elite Thank You certificates. Enjoy giving them — and we’ll keep looking for ways to earn them.

From T&C :"however, the certificates cannot be used as a form of bribery or fraud, nor may the certificates be sold in any manner"

Weblink : http://www.spg.com/elitethankyou

Frequently Asked Questions:

What is an Elite Thank You?
It's a certificate that an elite member can use to recognize a Starwood associate who provided outstanding service, whether in person or over the phone.

How do I get Elite Thank You certificates?
Please visit spg.com/elitethankyou to download and print your certificates.

Who is eligible to receive an Elite Thank You?
All Starwood associates in Customer Contact Centers or hotels that participate in the Starwood Preferred Guest® program are eligible, including but not limited to associates at the front desk, reservations line, concierge desk, bellhop service, restaurants, housekeeping, fitness centers, business centers and so forth. To give a certificate over the phone, just tell the associate you'd like to give him or her an Elite Thank You, then provide the unique code on the certificate.

Can I use an Elite Thank You certificate more than once?
No. Each Elite Thank You certificate has a unique code that can be used only once, so it can be given to only one person.

Can I give multiple Elite Thank You certificates to a single person?
Yes.

Can I get more Thank You certificates?
Members are eligible to request certificates when they renew or upgrade their elite status. No additional certificates can be requested.

How long are the Elite Thank You certificates valid?
Please see your certificates for the expiration date.
Print Wikipost

[ENDED 30 June 2018] Elite "Thank You You've Made My Stay" certificates

Old Jan 5, 2016, 1:39 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, (now an AC nobody)
Originally Posted by lcpteck
After re-qualifying Platinum status in August, I ordered my new SPG membership card and Elite Thank you certificate cards.

I just received the certificate cards and it expires December 31st, 2015! Seems I would have no cards to give out for next year's stays... Moving forward, hope SPG can give a 1 year validity from request date as it would be more useful that way.
When I ordered my original Thank you certificate cards, they had an expiry of December 31, 2015. My cards most likely got misdirected in the mail because it took at least a few months to arrive. When I informed my ambassador that I did not receive the cards, she sent me the link to reorder the online "printed" version.

The printed version had an expiry of June 30, 2016 and each certificate matched the #'s on the original cards (that I later received.)

This suggests to me the expiry date can be "extended" by an SPG rep. After all, I don't see why not ....we're thanking an employee for great service, not trying to take advantage of a a loophole here.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 2:13 am

Programs: KF Gold | IHG Amb | SPG LTG | HH Gold
Originally Posted by PayItForward
I do not mind that as it is definitely greener and cheaper.
I don't see how green it is - given that I have to print it out anyway.

Cheaper? Definitely. Save some handling and delivery cost for Starwood.
While I need some effort in printing them out.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by PayItForward
I do not mind that as it is definitely greener and cheaper.
Just wished that it could be available via the app to show or as a JPG that I can email to a deserving staff instead of having to print it out.
How about printing to a .pdf file and email that. They should be able to pull the numbers or even print if a hard copy is needed.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 9:13 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat 100 (LT Gold), IHG Spire, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, National EE, Hertz Prez Circle
Originally Posted by LuisHK
I don't see how green it is - given that I have to print it out anyway.

Cheaper? Definitely. Save some handling and delivery cost for Starwood.
While I need some effort in printing them out.
Don't see why you'd need to print them out. I've emailed them to hotel staff and my Ambassadors. I much prefer having them digitally in a PDF that I've saved to a cloud provider, so that I always have them available.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 2:07 am

Programs: Marriott LTT, LH SEN
No "Thank You" cards for Lifetime Platinum

Not sure this has been discussed before.

I tried to order new "Elite Thank You certificates" but got the message "It looks like you're not eligible to request Thank You certificates at this time."

Emailed SPG and was told as Lifetime Platinum I am not eligible unless I reach the usual 25 stays/50 nights per year.

A bit of a pity. I liked the cards as a nice way to appreciate great service. And I wonder why as LTP we're apparently not deemed worthy enough to hand those out anymore. Looks like to SPG we're not "Elite" enough anymore...
Old Feb 5, 2016, 2:33 am

Originally Posted by Pitero
I tried to order new "Elite Thank You certificates" but got the message "It looks like you're not eligible to request Thank You certificates at this time."

Emailed SPG and was told as Lifetime Platinum I am not eligible unless I reach the usual 25 stays/50 nights per year.
Well, it turns out the information I received was incorrect. LTP are eligible for the cards. Apparently a software glitch prevented me from printing the certificates – now solved. William kindly followed up on the issue. Great to have the lurkers here!
Old Feb 5, 2016, 4:01 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
LTP are eligible for the cards. Apparently a software glitch prevented me from printing the certificates – now solved
Did you print direct from the website ? FWIW, it's still telling me (as a LTP) that I'm not eligible.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Did you print direct from the website ? FWIW, it's still telling me (as a LTP) that I'm not eligible.
Yes, I did, via https://www.spgpromos.com/elitethankyou/
Gives me links to 8 certificates.
It also says "Please print your certificates; they cannot be mailed to you."
I got the 'not eligible' message before, but now it works somehow (for me at least).
Old Feb 5, 2016, 6:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Yes, I did, via https://www.spgpromos.com/elitethankyou/
Gives me links to 8 certificates.
It also says "Please print your certificates; they cannot be mailed to you."
I got the 'not eligible' message before, but now it works somehow (for me at least).
Just for grins I tried this link and it worked for me as a LTG. If you're still locked out, I'd suggest contacting the Lurkers to look into it for you.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Plat75 here. Going to the website and logging in shows me 8 certs, but I also must print them and they cannot be mailed.

Unfortunately, this makes me less likely to give them out.
1. Printing them is a pain, as you have to open each one individually and then open a print dialog. No way to print all 8 at once.
2. Yes, it's just 8 pieces of paper, but I'd much prefer carrying around the little coupons in my travel wallet or briefcase pocket, than finding a place to stuff 8 folded pieces of 8.5x11 paper that I'll be carrying whenever travelling.

I get that they're trying to save on printing/mailing costs, but IME it's going to be at the detriment of hotel employees benefiting from this program.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gooselee
Plat75 here. Going to the website and logging in shows me 8 certs, but I also must print them and they cannot be mailed.

Unfortunately, this makes me less likely to give them out.
1. Printing them is a pain, as you have to open each one individually and then open a print dialog. No way to print all 8 at once.
2. Yes, it's just 8 pieces of paper, but I'd much prefer carrying around the little coupons in my travel wallet or briefcase pocket, than finding a place to stuff 8 folded pieces of 8.5x11 paper that I'll be carrying whenever travelling.

I get that they're trying to save on printing/mailing costs, but IME it's going to be at the detriment of hotel employees benefiting from this program.
As a LTG, I only get four. What I did was "print" them to PDF files and then put four on a page (via Word). I also have the ability to email the PDF, should that be desired. It's only the number that really matters so you could paste that into a message/tweet/phone call.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by RogerD408
As a LTG, I only get four. What I did was "print" them to PDF files and then put four on a page (via Word). I also have the ability to email the PDF, should that be desired. It's only the number that really matters so you could paste that into a message/tweet/phone call.
Yeah, I know how to do all that, and probably will eventually as I really do enjoy recognizing excellent service.

But all of that is more effort than just getting the cards in the mail and tossing them in my bag.
Old Mar 16, 2016, 1:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
I HATE how I they won't just mail them. What do they want me to do? Print every single one?

Cheap....[insert expletive]!
Old Mar 17, 2016, 5:16 am

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
If I use these it will be "nice job, here's my number" ;-) (but it's only one time, and it expires...)
Old Mar 17, 2016, 6:04 am
RZR

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
I don't mind printing them.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.