Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

[ENDED 30 June 2018] Elite "Thank You You've Made My Stay" certificates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 3, 2015, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
The Elite Thank You program ended on December 31, 2017. You have until June 30, 2018, to award your Thank You certificates to SPG associates.

A great way to say thanks -

You expect and deserve outstanding service from SPG®. So when an associate goes above and beyond to make your stay, it’s nice to have a special way to express your thanks.

That’s what Elite Thank You certificates are all about. Print yours now to make the day of every deserving SPG associate who receives one.

Remember: All SPG associates and customer care agents are eligible to receive Elite Thank You certificates. Enjoy giving them — and we’ll keep looking for ways to earn them.

From T&C :"however, the certificates cannot be used as a form of bribery or fraud, nor may the certificates be sold in any manner"

Weblink : http://www.spg.com/elitethankyou

Frequently Asked Questions:

What is an Elite Thank You?
It's a certificate that an elite member can use to recognize a Starwood associate who provided outstanding service, whether in person or over the phone.

How do I get Elite Thank You certificates?
Please visit spg.com/elitethankyou to download and print your certificates.

Who is eligible to receive an Elite Thank You?
All Starwood associates in Customer Contact Centers or hotels that participate in the Starwood Preferred Guest® program are eligible, including but not limited to associates at the front desk, reservations line, concierge desk, bellhop service, restaurants, housekeeping, fitness centers, business centers and so forth. To give a certificate over the phone, just tell the associate you'd like to give him or her an Elite Thank You, then provide the unique code on the certificate.

Can I use an Elite Thank You certificate more than once?
No. Each Elite Thank You certificate has a unique code that can be used only once, so it can be given to only one person.

Can I give multiple Elite Thank You certificates to a single person?
Yes.

Can I get more Thank You certificates?
Members are eligible to request certificates when they renew or upgrade their elite status. No additional certificates can be requested.

How long are the Elite Thank You certificates valid?
Please see your certificates for the expiration date.
Print Wikipost

[ENDED 30 June 2018] Elite "Thank You You've Made My Stay" certificates

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2014, 5:39 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by aussielori
does the receiver get more puts for plat than gold?
Yes, I believe the recipient gets more points for Platinum than Gold cards.
Old Dec 26, 2014, 10:34 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, UA Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by travelswithmyself
Oops I'm referring to the Thank You cards not membership cards.
Brainfart, sorry about that. Didn't realize which thread i was in...
Old Jan 17, 2015, 3:13 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador elite & lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Emirates Plat, Flying Blue Plat
I do not fully understand the definition of 'associate' determining who is eligible to receive Thank You certificates.

Specifically: are Platinum Ambassadors eligible?
Are Supervisors / Managers in a hotel eligible? (ie. Duty Manager, or the Lounge Supervisor).
Old Jan 17, 2015, 3:30 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by josep
I do not fully understand the definition of 'associate' determining who is eligible to receive Thank You certificates.

Are Supervisors / Managers in a hotel eligible? (ie. Duty Manager, or the Lounge Supervisor).
Same question as yours, but also wondering how does one give these out ? seems quite tacky of me to pull out a "coupon" when recipient might be expecting a tip ?
Old Jan 17, 2015, 5:36 am

Programs: SPG,HH,IHG
Originally Posted by josep

IIRC all spg employee are eligible.
They got 500 *point / voucher and they can use it for redeem reward night (at same rate like us) or pay at hotel they work for dinner
Old Feb 5, 2015, 11:52 am

Programs: DL DM/SC, SPG Plat, UA, AA, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by nongsom
They got 500 *point / voucher and they can use it for redeem reward night (at same rate like us) or pay at hotel they work for dinner
I tried giving one to my ambassador, and he said ambassadors are not eligible. I think they are targeting property staff with the program.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 5:18 pm

Programs: Delta, SPG
I still haven't received my first set. I think something may be off in my profile.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 8:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Starwood Lifetime Plat (now Marriott Lifetime Titanium), Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by haibane
I still haven't received my first set. I think something may be off in my profile.
I received 4 a long time ago and zero since
Old Feb 5, 2015, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by elkapong
I tried giving one to my ambassador, and he said ambassadors are not eligible. I think they are targeting property staff with the program.
That's strange, I've given it to the Lurkers and BRG Team. Technically all employees are eligible.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 12:22 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by lcpteck
That's strange, I've given it to the Lurkers and BRG Team. Technically all employees are eligible.
I would love giving it to the BRG team. However one code is for one employee, how can I give it to an individual?
Old Feb 6, 2015, 4:06 am

Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
I would love giving it to the BRG team. However one code is for one employee, how can I give it to an individual?
PM a Lurker with the codes of the Thank You Certificate and let them know the full name of the employee that you wish to gift to and department/hotel if possible.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 11:39 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium Elite, VSE/MVC Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by seanc724
I received 4 a long time ago and zero since
You need to proactively get them -- they're not sent out any more automatically.

The link is in the first post in this thread.

Just printed out a batch, and they're showing an expiry of June 30, 2016
Old Feb 6, 2015, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by YYJMSP
You need to proactively get them -- they're not sent out any more automatically.

The link is in the first post in this thread.

Just printed out a batch, and they're showing an expiry of June 30, 2016
Requested some about a month ago, received by mail today (8) with a December 31, 2015 expiry.

Had a bunch that were expiring at the end of this month so gave 4 to a lounge attendant who has served me the last year. She is moving to a city with one Starwood property and we hope the "thank you" certs she has received helps with a job transfer. She does receive recognition from HR every time she receives a cert.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 4:35 pm

Programs: Centurion, VS Gold, EK Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Jumeirah Gold
Originally Posted by nongsom
is that correct? if so, it is a bit lame....no? the employee would have to collect 20 for a single night at a cat 4, which seems like a lot!

perhaps i am being a little naive, but would say someone waiting tables in a hotel restaurant or in f&b generally, at a property anywhere in the developing world, really be able to make use of them?

i say developing world, as only some countries have, say, an spg amex that may enable an employee to be able to top up said 500 thank you star points, so that it turns into useful balance.

can starwood not be a bit more generous? i imagine many employees would prefer cash.....and if so, getting one of these may seem a bit cheap?
Old Feb 7, 2015, 5:36 pm

The request link doesn't bring me to anything. How can I click through to order the cards?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.