Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

[ENDED 30 June 2018] Elite "Thank You You've Made My Stay" certificates

Old Jul 3, 2015, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
The Elite Thank You program ended on December 31, 2017. You have until June 30, 2018, to award your Thank You certificates to SPG associates.

A great way to say thanks -

You expect and deserve outstanding service from SPG®. So when an associate goes above and beyond to make your stay, it’s nice to have a special way to express your thanks.

That’s what Elite Thank You certificates are all about. Print yours now to make the day of every deserving SPG associate who receives one.

Remember: All SPG associates and customer care agents are eligible to receive Elite Thank You certificates. Enjoy giving them — and we’ll keep looking for ways to earn them.

From T&C :"however, the certificates cannot be used as a form of bribery or fraud, nor may the certificates be sold in any manner"

Weblink : http://www.spg.com/elitethankyou

Frequently Asked Questions:

What is an Elite Thank You?
It's a certificate that an elite member can use to recognize a Starwood associate who provided outstanding service, whether in person or over the phone.

How do I get Elite Thank You certificates?
Please visit spg.com/elitethankyou to download and print your certificates.

Who is eligible to receive an Elite Thank You?
All Starwood associates in Customer Contact Centers or hotels that participate in the Starwood Preferred Guest® program are eligible, including but not limited to associates at the front desk, reservations line, concierge desk, bellhop service, restaurants, housekeeping, fitness centers, business centers and so forth. To give a certificate over the phone, just tell the associate you'd like to give him or her an Elite Thank You, then provide the unique code on the certificate.

Can I use an Elite Thank You certificate more than once?
No. Each Elite Thank You certificate has a unique code that can be used only once, so it can be given to only one person.

Can I give multiple Elite Thank You certificates to a single person?
Yes.

Can I get more Thank You certificates?
Members are eligible to request certificates when they renew or upgrade their elite status. No additional certificates can be requested.

How long are the Elite Thank You certificates valid?
Please see your certificates for the expiration date.
Print Wikipost

Old Mar 14, 2011, 6:50 am
Original Poster

See what I found...

Celebrate excellence with a Platinum Thank You.

As a Platinum member of the Starwood Preferred Guest® program, you now have a unique way to personally recognize outstanding service: by giving a Platinum Thank You.

Give a Platinum Thank You certificate to any associate who you feel truly goes above and
beyond to make your experience more enjoyable.
Hotel associates and customer care agents are all eligible to receive a certificate. (To share a
certificate over the phone, just provide the unique code printed on the card.)
Use the certificates by February 29, 2012.

From T&C :"however, the certificates cannot be used as a form of bribery or fraud, nor may the certificates be sold in any manner"

Hopefully there will be something in the package for us as well...

Weblink : https://www.spgpromos.com/elitethankyou/?language=en_uk

Frequently Asked Questions:

What is an Elite Thank You?
It's a certificate that an elite member can use to recognize a Starwood associate who provided outstanding service, whether in person or over the phone.

How do I get Elite Thank You certificates?
Four certificates were included in your elite member card packages sent in 2012.

Who is eligible to receive an Elite Thank You?
All Starwood associates in Customer Contact Centers or hotels that participate in the Starwood Preferred Guest® program are eligible, including but not limited to associates at the front desk, reservations line, concierge desk, bellhop service, restaurants, housekeeping, fitness centers, business centers and so forth. To give a certificate over the phone, just tell the associate you'd like to give him or her an Elite Thank You, then provide the unique code printed on the back of the certificate.

Can I use an Elite Thank You certificate more than once?
No. Each Elite Thank You certificate has a unique code that can be used only once, so it can be given to only one person.

Can I give multiple Elite Thank You certificates to a single person?
Yes.

Can I get more Thank You certificates?
Certificates are included in kits sent when members renew or upgrade their elite status. No additional certificates can be ordered.

How long are the Elite Thank You certificates valid?
Please see the back of your certificates for the expiration date.

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Jan 21, 2013 at 4:33 am Reason: added updated weblink
Old Mar 14, 2011, 6:53 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA-1P AB-Gold SPG-Plat Hilton-DIA Hyatt-DIA PC-Gold MR-Plat Hertz-PC
Pretty interesting, wondering how many of these are included in the PLT package?

This is a good way to thank employees who go above and beyond for me.

Edit:
Should have read the FAQ:
Four certificates are included in the member card packages sent to Platinum members in 2011.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 7:47 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Platinum 50+
I was handed one of these upon checkin by the desk manager at the Four Points Manassas week before last.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 8:09 am

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Other than a "thank you", is there any additional benefit to the employee?
Old Mar 14, 2011, 8:22 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Platinum 50+
Here is what they look like front and back.

http://inlinethumb13.webshots.com/48...600x600Q85.jpg

Last edited by adkrick; Mar 14, 2011 at 8:32 am
Old Mar 14, 2011, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Anyone know what they're worth? My friends at AA tell me that the Applause certificates (same idea as these) are basically worthless to the employees, -- each certificate gets them an entry in a giveaway contest.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 9:33 am

Programs: United 1k, SPG Plat & Ambassador, ClubCarlson Concierge
I had our two favorite front desk agents ask if we had seen this about 3 weeks ago. We had not at the time. Apparently this is a way for them to earn SPG points for travel just like we do.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 9:48 am

Programs: SPG GL, AA GL
Starwood Lurker would deserve one, at least.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 11:04 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA-1P AB-Gold SPG-Plat Hilton-DIA Hyatt-DIA PC-Gold MR-Plat Hertz-PC
Originally Posted by adamak
Starwood Lurker would deserve one, at least.
I agree, he will get one of mine!

Perhaps this is a nice gift from all the SPG PLT FTers he has helped over the years?

Edit: Also don't forget SL2!
Old Mar 14, 2011, 11:22 am
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: Starwood:Lifetime Platinum, Air Canada:Basic, Asiana:Lifetime Diamond Plus, ANA: Basic
Are we allowed to give one of these to the Starwood Lurkers?

Or are they excluded in this program?
Old Mar 14, 2011, 1:33 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Just saw them in my platinum card package that I received in the mail. There were 4 certificates included.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 2:19 pm

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
You guys think if we gave it to the bellboy or to housekeeping that they would be offended?

I think that they would rather get a tip not a card.

And do the employees themselves are aware about this card?

Wish I knew what it's really worth.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PTahCha
Just saw them in my platinum card package that I received in the mail. There were 4 certificates included.
What else was included in the package?
Old Mar 14, 2011, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ehud
What else was included in the package?
That was basically it - the 4 appreciation cards, a flyer for the current promo...and the card.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium Marriott Platinum for life.
Lurkers, can you tell us what the employees get when they are given one of these?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.