Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

[ENDED 30 June 2018] Elite "Thank You You've Made My Stay" certificates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 3, 2015, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
The Elite Thank You program ended on December 31, 2017. You have until June 30, 2018, to award your Thank You certificates to SPG associates.

A great way to say thanks -

You expect and deserve outstanding service from SPG®. So when an associate goes above and beyond to make your stay, it’s nice to have a special way to express your thanks.

That’s what Elite Thank You certificates are all about. Print yours now to make the day of every deserving SPG associate who receives one.

Remember: All SPG associates and customer care agents are eligible to receive Elite Thank You certificates. Enjoy giving them — and we’ll keep looking for ways to earn them.

From T&C :"however, the certificates cannot be used as a form of bribery or fraud, nor may the certificates be sold in any manner"

Weblink : http://www.spg.com/elitethankyou

Frequently Asked Questions:

What is an Elite Thank You?
It's a certificate that an elite member can use to recognize a Starwood associate who provided outstanding service, whether in person or over the phone.

How do I get Elite Thank You certificates?
Please visit spg.com/elitethankyou to download and print your certificates.

Who is eligible to receive an Elite Thank You?
All Starwood associates in Customer Contact Centers or hotels that participate in the Starwood Preferred Guest® program are eligible, including but not limited to associates at the front desk, reservations line, concierge desk, bellhop service, restaurants, housekeeping, fitness centers, business centers and so forth. To give a certificate over the phone, just tell the associate you'd like to give him or her an Elite Thank You, then provide the unique code on the certificate.

Can I use an Elite Thank You certificate more than once?
No. Each Elite Thank You certificate has a unique code that can be used only once, so it can be given to only one person.

Can I give multiple Elite Thank You certificates to a single person?
Yes.

Can I get more Thank You certificates?
Members are eligible to request certificates when they renew or upgrade their elite status. No additional certificates can be requested.

How long are the Elite Thank You certificates valid?
Please see your certificates for the expiration date.
Print Wikipost

[ENDED 30 June 2018] Elite "Thank You You've Made My Stay" certificates

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2011, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium Marriott Platinum for life.
Originally Posted by justspg
I don't think any of the SL's will comment on this question but if I had to hazard a guess, I'm sure its worth points. Probably 500 points or a 1,000 points.
Correct. 500 points per card. An associate told me this minutes ago.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 9:51 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by CNWO4LIFE
Correct. 500 points per card. An associate told me this minutes ago.
500 Starwood points?

Or, do they have their own point system? Can they book rooms or redeem for goods using these points?

Starwood associates did have their own special booking rates (with dedicated website) at one point which it did not qualify for points/stay/nights credit.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 3:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by PTahCha
For countries where tipping is customary, well, it's customary to tip with cash, not just a goodwill certificate.
in this scenario tip with both cash & the certificates....
Old Mar 16, 2011, 8:47 am

Programs: spg gold, CO Platinum, MR Gold
Originally Posted by Kalboz
500 Starwood points?

Or, do they have their own point system? Can they book rooms or redeem for goods using these points?

Starwood associates did have their own special booking rates (with dedicated website) at one point which it did not qualify for points/stay/nights credit.
I would think yes they can use these points for redemption like everyone else.

of course the employee rates are not eligible for points. but they can get points for declining housekeeping if they are staying at hotels.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by justspg
I would think yes they can use these points for redemption like everyone else.

of course the employee rates are not eligible for points. but they can get points for declining housekeeping if they are staying at hotels.
These would be regular SPG points. I was told by a desk agent he earns around 10k in SPG points a month as he gets points for signing up people to the SPG program who are checking into the hotel.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 10:48 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
I'm wondering if these certificates, with their unique codes on each, are traceable back to the person to whom they were originally sent.

Lurkers? Able to answer that?

aloha
Old Mar 16, 2011, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
So, 500 spg points is roughly ~ $5 since 2800 spg points can be redeemed for $25 GC.

Okay, I know this is supposed to encourage good service and all, but if spg is throwing $20 (2000 points) at each Platinum to be used on employees, why can't they use this money to give something nice to Platinums, like the nice metal luggage tag we used to get???

Old Mar 16, 2011, 11:13 am

Programs: spg gold, CO Platinum, MR Gold
Originally Posted by BlissWorld
So, 500 spg points is roughly ~ $5 since 2800 spg points can be redeemed for $25 GC.

Okay, I know this is supposed to encourage good service and all, but if spg is throwing $20 (2000 points) at each Platinum to be used on employees, why can't they use this money to give something nice to Platinums, like the nice metal luggage tag we used to get???

Good point. My thinking is perhaps there is not enough incentive to the hotel staff to provide excellent service to their most loyal customers, which are the plats (and golds as well). Starwood probably created this new initiative to create incentives to go above and beyond in service.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 9:39 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by clublounger
I'm wondering if these certificates, with their unique codes on each, are traceable back to the person to whom they were originally sent.

Lurkers? Able to answer that?

aloha
Yes. And the answer is "no". Mahalo.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Mar 17, 2011, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
Yes. And the answer is "no". Mahalo.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
The St Thomas sun must be getting to William into the Hawaiian spirit. It probably cracked 10 degrees down south today.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 4:42 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum,Marriott Platinum, United Silver
Here's just an anecdote. Years ago, my friend flew often on American in First from NY to Zurich. He was highest level elite and they also had certificates for excellent employee service.

He handed one to the FA on arrival in Zurich and thanked her for her great service. On the way home, he had the same attendant. At the end of the flight, she emptied the liquore cabinet and gave him two bags of premium liquors. Apparently, it meant a lot to her!
Old Mar 17, 2011, 4:50 pm

Don't forget Starwood Lurker is an SPG E level employee.....
Old Mar 17, 2011, 4:54 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by WScottsdaleInsider
Don't forget Starwood Lurker is an SPG E level employee.....
So... what does that mean? Is he eligible to get one of these certs or not?
Old Mar 17, 2011, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by thomas199023
So... what does that mean? Is he eligible to get one of these certs or not?

http://wikibin.org/articles/starwood...red-guest.html

Lastly, there is also an Employee Level of membership (Prefix E). A Starwood associate (usually reception staff) may earn starpoints themselves for enrolling new members to SPG.
Old May 16, 2011, 1:51 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG plat ambassador
I also gave one to my platinum concierge over the phone. Just gave her the code and threw away the hard copy. She input it into her account while I was on the phone and she said it gave her 500 starpoints.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.